Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    If their opinions are so horrible and not worth anything, let alone your time, then why do you respond to them? Why is it your business if he wastes his time or judges people unnecessarily harshly? This isn't who leads your country for the next term length, it's a highly optional video game.

    (One could ask me why I made this post, and the answer wouldn't be any different than the real reason he posted and you did as well: because we wanted to, something about the other person irked us, and us being humans seek validation of our position, so we post in the hope that someone will agree with us and make us feel like the other guy is wrong and we're right. Validation. Plus he's asking for someone to explain why people do a specific seemingly nonsensical thing - ask for 226 from pet battles and WQs.)
    Who said anything about not being worth my time? OP's position is a toxic one - it equates that that people shouldn't get to choose how to spend their time, in a way that does not adversely affect the OP or others in any way, because the OP doesn't believe that their choice or desire holds any merit. It's effect is to demean people who think differently (even if that is somehow not the intention) and rally others to that cause. I think that is worth a response, I don't know about you...

    And for the record, I am not seeking validation - my "real reasons" are not yours to assume! I am merely stating my point. If others disagree, then bravo for exercising your right as a free-thinking individual to have a different opinion!! Congratulations for not being a sheep - have a medal!
    Last edited by Stumps; 2021-04-10 at 07:01 PM.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I do not understand why so many people want higher ilevels just for the sake of it.
    Ah, you don't deal with humans often do you?
    "Aren't you worried?"
    "Would it help?"

  3. #163
    Legendary! Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    6,505
    Bad players think higher ilvl means they suddenly become better, but it turns out even with high ilvl many/most players are still bad.

    And thats why we needed raider.io
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2020Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumps View Post
    Who said anything about not being worth my time? OP's position is a toxic one - it equates that that people shouldn't get to choose how to spend their time, in a way that does not adversely affect the OP or others in any way, because the OP doesn't believe that their choice or desire holds any merit. It's effect is to demean people who think differently (even if that is somehow not the intention) and rally others to that cause. I think that is worth a response, I don't know about you...

    And for the record, I am not seeking validation - my "real reasons" are not yours to assume! I am merely stating my point. If others disagree, then bravo for exercising your right as a free-thinking individual to have a different opinion!! Congratulations for not being a sheep - have a medal!
    I literally said none of that and didn't even remotely allude to any of those words you are putting in my mouth. Maybe read what I said in earnest rather than a kneejerk response to what you think I said.

    As I have said, I think having your game experience negatively impacted because you think you need 220+ ilevel and don't have it because there aren't enough drops in the game or w/e, but don't even participate in the content it is designed for (there's an exception here for PvP I guess), isn't a healthy way to play the game when it isn't even compulsory for you to participate. The beauty of an MMO is you can play however you want, and it doesn't bother me at all how people play it, but this isn't a fun mindset to have. I am sincere, friend, not toxic.
    Last edited by Pum; 2021-04-11 at 08:49 AM.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    The main point is that for many people the game is over once you reached the peak of character progression.
    which is why there should be more char power gain systems.

    this is why Legion/BfA worked even though mythic crybabies whined - because those power progression systems (TF/AP/corruptions) worked well

    SL is dead like dodo already because it lacks them .

    do you know how i play this game ? i log in - do 4 x 12-14 dungeons and log out till next wednesday . i repeat it on 3 alts. and im bored like hell .- because i have literaly nothng to do in game buy do those 4 dungeons and then log out till end of week. and i log in into FF14 and i have fun there. oh bdw my casual guild just died this week because people decided they are already done with game till 10.0 .

    could i raid mythic ? sure but i cleared hc and cba to do exackly the same in stance on higher difficulty

    i crave for some nice non-instance grind that would offer me any any sort of char progression - i have none.

    and ... i have 3 chars at almost 220 itlv due to playing in this abysmal way . so im more then done . not leveling even a single more alt this expansion due to how alt unfriendly it is.

    game sucks atm .

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Bad players think higher ilvl means they suddenly become better, but it turns out even with high ilvl many/most players are still bad.

    And thats why we needed raider.io
    abd what is toxic.io doing ? because i find lately that people who are in 1100-1200 bracket usually play worse and make way more mistakes in dungeons thus blowing up groups very often then those who are like 700-800 and playing game very carefully.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-04-11 at 09:17 AM.

  6. #166
    I want it so that I can compete with the others from my guild. Without the right stats I can't pull my own weight and then I'd be a burden to the team.

    Also, world content becomes significantly easier with better gear.

    Lastly, I'm not a fan of being rolfstomped by max gear chars in PVP so I aim to at least level the field in terms of gear.

    I mean honestly if all you do is pet battles and world daily quests, then by all means you don't need the best gear. But then why do you pay 12 Euros per month for a sub??

  7. #167
    What I cant get my head around is you are a 10 year member of mmo champion which means you are playing this game for 10+ years and still dont know that answer to your question.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I do not understand why so many people want higher ilevels just for the sake of it.

    If you are not doing Mythic raiding or at the high end of PvP ladders you literally have zero business having access or even having reasoning to have higher i level gear upwards of 220+. If you are not doing these activities why do you want it? Why do you need it? Hello? Higher ilevel is a means to an end, why has this been forgotten for expansions on end?

    I can't get my head round this mentality.
    It's a thing since it was released in WotLK? Gear Score --> ilvl

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    It's a thing since it was released in WotLK? Gear Score --> ilvl
    Dont kid yourself, we had "gearchecks" for random people since vanilla WoW. "Come to stormwind/orgrimmar for a gearcheck" was NORMAL and EXPECTED.

    Gear Score or RAIDER.IO are not new, they just replaced the process of pre-check someone and you got a metric now with the tooltip.

    Nobody just randomly invited anyone for slightly above average content, you did first check them or only invite pre-checked people from your "friendlist".

    New players to WoW are sometimes so naive and think things like this comes out of a sudden, while in reality the tooltip metrics were things people wanted for years, to not waste time with a in-person gear-check.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  10. #170
    Does the OP really not understand character progression as a concept? Does he think everyone is like "I have the appropriate ilevel for the content I enjoy, therefore I am happy and content to keep subscribing". Everyone wants character progression even people with the highest ilevel want the next patch's progression.

  11. #171
    Well, back in my day your character could only progress so far before you "got gud" and started to raid to get the best gear. Now, any bad player can get close to the best gear just by doing what I would call very easy content for the ilvl rewarded, it just takes a bit of time and RNG. Not much incentive to get "the best gear" when you can get "close to the best gear" for much less effort. You know how I got the best gear long ago? Inspecting people, seeing how amazing their gear was, and saying "I want that" and then finding time to commit to raiding to get it. There's no incentive like that anymore, in fact the incentive is almost non-existent in Shadowlands, which is why I quit the earliest I have in any expansion, and I've played them all.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Cause a very high % of the population, thinks that item level reflects their skill, and they dont like it when they realize they are part of the cesspool, and not some special snowflake.

    Shadowlands has made this more prominent after 2-3 expansions of freebie gear from multiple sources, now that its a bit more limited, all hell is breaking loose.

    Because now Little Billy, cant do <insert expansion freebie mechanic like Warfront>/4 dungeon Mythic weekly for HC chest/get lucky with +7-10 weekly chest + random Titanforges for 5-6 months and reach 220 item level when everyone is at 225-230, he is stuck at 210, and now Little Billy is complaining he is not part of the elite, because he doesnt understand how the game actually work.

    The funny fact, is the other Little Billy's literally requested these changes
    3 days late, but just wanted to say how right you are. I see certain individuals literally quitting the game because they can't do mythic raiding anymore because they realize how shit they really are.

    I love this new gearing system, it divides the real mythic raiders from the herd, and I am saying this as a heroic raider: It is how it should be. Skill should be rewarded, not pure luck.
    Considering I have around 10 or 11 cutting edges you are wrong.


  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    There's no incentive like that anymore, in fact the incentive is almost non-existent in Shadowlands, which is why I quit the earliest I have in any expansion, and I've played them all.
    But things like blue gear > epic gear were allways a thing. PVP blue gear had to be nerfed with "PVP only stats" by blizzard from time to time just to generate ANY DEMAND for raiding gear outside of the bleeding edge.

    Gearing min-max was never so straight forward as it is now with close to perfect ilvl scaling. Hidden and obscured gear values, broken low ilvl trinkets (darkmoon DMC) left you allways in a state in gearprogression where slightly improvements demanded exponentially more time spend in the game.

    If you dont want now to progress, with a highly balanced gear-ilvl system, what was even the motivation in previous times for you? The game was kinda broken in this regard and wearing highest ilvl gear or gear just from the hardest raid tier was not even ideal. Just look at LEGIONs socket and secondary stat budgets, you could replace mythic raid loot with blues.

    Just a questionable reason to quit the game, because your reason to quit now, is something that was much worse in previous game versions.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  14. #174
    I just want to have the highest ilvl possible so I can help the guild progress mythic raiding that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

    At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I do not understand why so many people want higher ilevels just for the sake of it.
    Capitalism must be a huge mystery to you

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Bad players think higher ilvl means they suddenly become better, but it turns out even with high ilvl many/most players are still bad.

    And thats why we needed raider.io
    Rio is better than nothing but it’s not enough.

    I’m a healer in the 13-14 bracket atm and the amount of dps with 1100 rio and 3k-3.5k average dps is just astonishing, wonder how they made it up to this point.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizun View Post
    Do you legit not understand it... in an RPG, or are you just using that as a rhetorical? People want higher ilvl to be stronger. Simple as. It doesn't matter what content you're doing, having higher stats/ilvl makes it easier/quicker.

    Whether or not you agree with that, is something else entirely. This has been discussed to death. The majority of comments will likely be- it doesn't matter to you. But perhaps you can bring something new to the conversation.
    Not really mostly these days its more for people to feel they are better then those with lower item level. same with damage meters, its no longer a tool to improve your rotation or gameplay and all about bragging rights.

  18. #178
    I am Murloc! Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,348
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    which is why there should be more char power gain systems.

    this is why Legion/BfA worked even though mythic crybabies whined - because those power progression systems (TF/AP/corruptions) worked well

    SL is dead like dodo already because it lacks them .

    do you know how i play this game ? i log in - do 4 x 12-14 dungeons and log out till next wednesday . i repeat it on 3 alts. and im bored like hell .- because i have literaly nothng to do in game buy do those 4 dungeons and then log out till end of week. and i log in into FF14 and i have fun there. oh bdw my casual guild just died this week because people decided they are already done with game till 10.0 .

    could i raid mythic ? sure but i cleared hc and cba to do exackly the same in stance on higher difficulty

    i crave for some nice non-instance grind that would offer me any any sort of char progression - i have none.

    and ... i have 3 chars at almost 220 itlv due to playing in this abysmal way . so im more then done . not leveling even a single more alt this expansion due to how alt unfriendly it is.

    game sucks atm .

    - - - Updated - - -



    abd what is toxic.io doing ? because i find lately that people who are in 1100-1200 bracket usually play worse and make way more mistakes in dungeons thus blowing up groups very often then those who are like 700-800 and playing game very carefully.
    "Toxic.io". Lmao. I love how you're being toxic in your post here by calling 1100-1200 people bad compared to 700-800. The irony is.. well. Present.

    Check how many times people below 1000 rio on average uses their interrupt. And what they actually use it on, if they do use it.

    The only people who thinks raider.io itself is toxic are the people who themselves are toxic because they're just bad.
    Hi

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    which is why there should be more char power gain systems.

    this is why Legion/BfA worked even though mythic crybabies whined - because those power progression systems (TF/AP/corruptions) worked well

    SL is dead like dodo already because it lacks them .

    do you know how i play this game ? i log in - do 4 x 12-14 dungeons and log out till next wednesday . i repeat it on 3 alts. and im bored like hell .- because i have literaly nothng to do in game buy do those 4 dungeons and then log out till end of week. and i log in into FF14 and i have fun there. oh bdw my casual guild just died this week because people decided they are already done with game till 10.0 .

    could i raid mythic ? sure but i cleared hc and cba to do exackly the same in stance on higher difficulty

    i crave for some nice non-instance grind that would offer me any any sort of char progression - i have none.

    and ... i have 3 chars at almost 220 itlv due to playing in this abysmal way . so im more then done . not leveling even a single more alt this expansion due to how alt unfriendly it is.

    game sucks atm .

    - - - Updated - - -



    abd what is toxic.io doing ? because i find lately that people who are in 1100-1200 bracket usually play worse and make way more mistakes in dungeons thus blowing up groups very often then those who are like 700-800 and playing game very carefully.
    Just to be clear, i completely after with you. I loved the AP system of legion, bfa was already too watered down. The only real bullshit system was corruption (and the whole concept of Azerite Armor)

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    "Toxic.io". Lmao. I love how you're being toxic in your post here by calling 1100-1200 people bad compared to 700-800. The irony is.. well. Present.

    Check how many times people below 1000 rio on average uses their interrupt. And what they actually use it on, if they do use it.

    The only people who thinks raider.io itself is toxic are the people who themselves are toxic because they're just bad.
    Well, I’m moving to the “higher” brackets slowly but steadily, as I wrote before I’m in the 13-14 zone ATM but I have to say that I’m meeting more or less the same number of “bad” people I met in the lower keys. The only levels that were really easy were 10-11, probably due to prideful plus overgeared players, but in 13-14 the overall situation is quite sad.

    Unfortunately the more you are near KSM level, the most dps are crucial and it seems to me that good dps are really not that many. I fully understand that it’s probably the most difficult role after tank, but again I really wonder how that many ppl with 3-3.5k dps reached 1100-1200 rio.

    Yesterday and today I did a couple of SD 13, both failed, dps were all around 3 to 3.5k (not to mention the ones that constantly die from last boss lazers but this is somehow more acceptable imho).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •