Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Imagine thinking only high rated PvP players should have good PvP gear so that whenever you get matched with them when they boost someone, then they have a 25-50% stat advantage against you while also being more experienced.

As evidenced by this forum like 95% of wow players are straight dumpster tier garbage not even worth the time to look at the rio tooltip in lfg.

people are bad and blame not timing their +7 on the "loot treadmill" even though people did the same keys in -30 ilvls 6 weeks before.

Op it is simply that the people complaining are lazy trash that can't pull more dps than the healer and wonder why they got kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    As evidenced by this forum like 95% of wow players are straight dumpster tier garbage not even worth the time to look at the rio tooltip in lfg.

people are bad and blame not timing their +7 on the "loot treadmill" even though people did the same keys in -30 ilvls 6 weeks before.

Op it is simply that the people complaining are lazy trash that can't pull more dps than the healer and wonder why they got kicked.
    of 95% of playerbase is like that that its more then apparent evidence of bad game design if its suited only for 5%.

thats why wow lost so many players this expansion

game is just way overtuned. has been for years now but its only getting worse and worse

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    iLvl is not the problem, insane dps increase is. Why do we need so much difference between 10ilvls? Who benefits from it?

This is one of the reasons so many players can hide their skill or lack of it behind the gear. Lower the dps increase with ilvl and skill difference will be obvious immediately. In current system a bad player that bought his gear with boosts will most of the time do more dps than some skilled player that earns his gear on his own, but had bad luck with drops...
    Why do you want a reason to look down and belittle others tho?

It's a game for fun, having to require the "Mad skillz" or else you'd be judged severely by others only stresses people out.

So i like the current state of the game.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If someone is ilv 195 and did KSM I will just assume that they got carried by guildies or bought a boost.
    I believe first KSMs was made by 195-198 ilvl groups, so it isnt possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    of 95% of playerbase is like that that its more then apparent evidence of bad game design if its suited only for 5%.
    ...or they just have pretty low skill ceiling. And want less hardcore more easy-to-play mmorpg with loot pinata?

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I do not understand why so many people want higher ilevels just for the sake of it.

If you are not doing Mythic raiding or at the high end of PvP ladders you literally have zero business having access or even having reasoning to have higher i level gear upwards of 220+. If you are not doing these activities why do you want it? Why do you need it? Hello? Higher ilevel is a means to an end, why has this been forgotten for expansions on end?

I can't get my head round this mentality.
    It is a good thing. It shows that people care about gear. It is just like money. It is relative.

If everyone would be able to get 226 ilvl, it would be worth jack shit. So imo, it is good that people care about it, and it is also good that blizzard does not hand it out too easily.

its waaaaaay higher then 25%.
    Actually, nope. According to warcraftlogs analysis I did in some prev posts, its something like this (20-30%). Difference between good and bad player of the same ilvl bracket is much bigger (150-200%).

thats why wow lost so many players this expansion

game is just way overtuned. has been for years now but its only getting worse and worse
    actually the game is catering to everyone, not the 5%. That's why there are so many difficulty levels. The Vault is designed to give everyone an ilvl increase every week and with that slowly powercreep the playerbase letting everyone into higher and higher keys over time. If all you can do is a +5 today, then you might be doing +7s in a few weeks. Everyone has their own progression, no matter if you are progressing into +7s, +10s, +15s or +20s. No matter if you are raiding normal Castle Nathria or mythic CN.

It's exactly the opposite of what you said. They cater the game to such a wide variety of players that they spread themselves thin and don't really deliver anything special to any player. Every content has multiple difficulties, other than world content which is easy only. Every cosmetic reward has multiple recolors. Every armor or weapon piece has multiple ilvls. Barely anything in the game has unique gameplay with a unique reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    actually the game is catering to everyone, not the 5%. That's why there are so many difficulty levels. The Vault is designed to give everyone an ilvl increase every week and with that slowly powercreep the playerbase letting everyone into higher and higher keys over time. If all you can do is a +5 today, then you might be doing +7s in a few weeks. Everyone has their own progression, no matter if you are progressing into +7s, +10s, +15s or +20s. No matter if you are raiding normal Castle Nathria or mythic CN.

It's exactly the opposite of what you said. They cater the game to such a wide variety of players that they spread themselves thin and don't really deliver anything special to any player. Every content has multiple difficulties, other than world content which is easy only. Every cosmetic reward has multiple recolors. Every armor or weapon piece has multiple ilvls. Barely anything in the game has unique gameplay with a unique reward.
    People just get used to loot shower from prev xpacs and refuse to make some efforts to get better loot. Especially after baically free 197 ilvl set.

5+ Year Old Account
    "With great power comes great gearscore."

Manugo! Bigger numbers are better. Gotta make the numbers go up!

Because and i cant stress this enough, the game is obsessed with extrinsic rewarding through gear. Its myopic. Im ff14ing right now and doing a dumb side quest chain, which i had no idea was ridiculously huge (hildibrand). If i was powerlevelling to end game id obviously skip it (its freaking huge). But im doing it because its funny and stupid. Because it has INTRINSIC value (im constantly having fun and so want to keep going).

Here's another random thing: I just opened up blue mage. Blue mage, to wow players, is a class that has literally no bearing on end game content. Its a class that you level up by killing mobs and spell stealing all their good stuff. You have a 20 button outlay you need to pre-load. Think of it like torghast only eventually you have to choose only 20 buffs/spells of the 200 or so which you can pick and choose from to create a build. Its utterly end game pointless, (you cant run dungeons or raids with it (itd be unbalanced as eff), but it has its own random world quest chain where you pokemon the entire game at your leisure killing mobs, collecting their best spells, creating a build)) but dear god do i want to level it up. ...I also really want to blast through to shadowbringers because i should be moving forward. But... why? Shadowbringers isnt going anywhere? And its so much fun doing all this madcap lunacy? My reward isnt gear. In fact im screwing myself out of gear by 'wasting my time not progressing into heavensward'. But its FUN and ENTERTAINING. Im having fun doing it.

Honestly, and no bs, but if i had to think of a quest chain that i really wanted to see through to its conclusion (even if it meant i wasting my time... i dont mean story lines that eventually reach a cool conclusion after youve farmed a tonne of herbs or randomly cleared out a tonne of places (im looking at you panda jade statue quest which was so wonderful in its pay off, but i never had any inkling it would be until really late on in the quest chain)), the last one i can think of is that dude in icecrown with the campfire. Before that, probably vanilla (pamela redpath or stalvan and abercrombie in duskwood).
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-04-09 at 12:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because ilvl matters and its our big dick equivalent lol. No seriously higher ilvl helps for finding grp/do higher end game level. If u pretend to do KSM but still low on ilvl u could be frustrated a bit :P As i know around 210-215ilvl is quite ok for generally all content.

I do not understand why so many people want higher ilevels just for the sake of it.

If you are not doing Mythic raiding or at the high end of PvP ladders you literally have zero business having access or even having reasoning to have higher i level gear upwards of 220+. If you are not doing these activities why do you want it? Why do you need it? Hello? Higher ilevel is a means to an end, why has this been forgotten for expansions on end?

The main point is that for many people the game is over once you reached the peak of character progression.

It would be nice if it were a means to an end but not anymore. Ppl in general have become obsessed with having stuff. Having that mount, that gear, that title. Ppl just by them if they can. Not many ppl think anymore "oh but to that I would need better gear". So ppl who want gear and not to use it to get something, want it just to have it. Because having it is their "end".

?????????????????????????????

I don't understand why people think I would rather spend 3 seconds killing a meaningless mob as opposed to quickly doing it in 1. That's why. I came here for the Warcraft, not Pokemon.

Unfortunately WoW is from its very inception built around pursuing gear upgrades for your character.

If that's what's driving you to play WoW but you don't (or no longer) care to do m+, raid or pvp, you're bound to grow bored very quickly as you cap out around 200 ilvl with no viable way of progressing your character outside of those 3 activities.

I'm personally quite fond of both m+, heroic raiding and pvp assuming I have a steady group of people to do each with.

Unfortunately most of my friends have left months ago, and besides my guild still raiding heroic just to boost alts for mythic or get newbies their AotC, I've little interest in raiding mythic or puging m+ or pvp.

I've usually done a single m+ 14-15 every week just for the single GV option, but even that has grown too stale for me. At 220 ilvl I'm plenty geared for any content I actually care to do, and even cosmetic rewards seem a drag to farm in SL.

Right now I'm slowly finishing my KSM with a single run every week while I'm waiting for 9.1 datamining to start so I can hopefully be excited about WoW again.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Ah, iLevels. Something I have never given a damn about.

It all began back in WotLK with Gearscore. Don't have minimum 1.8k GS? Forget about being invited to raid. Don't have 2k GS? Forget about Ulduar, TOGC and ICC ^_^

Even back then, I never understood what's now an obsession with people only wanting to clear a raid with a weekly lockout--hell, even dungeons--as quickly as possible. Makes no sense. When you rush, you're far more likely to make mistakes. Blizzard keeps adding ridiculous mechanics to encounters every expansion because of Raiders who play like that as a check.
    I hated gearscore. It was so moronic you had warlocks equipping AP /Str/Agi trinkets/rings/necks etc just for ilvl because it meant they got taken over the person using an actually useful item for their class. ILVL only became a thing since then too. I never even knew the ilvl of my gear in vanilla or TBC. All I cared about was the stats and how it affected my output etc. Since then, ilvl actually matters more than the stats for the most part.

As for the speed thing, thats been a thing since Vanilla when they put a timed event into a 5man (Strat Baron runs).Also I know in TBC me and another Paladin were already racing for fastest heroic dungeon clears. I believe we both ended up sub 10min shattered halls for example. Wrath the same trend continued (though in part because of the forced LFD for emblems daily which really meant you just wanted it done ASAP).

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    I don't understand why people think I would rather spend 3 seconds killing a meaningless mob as opposed to quickly doing it in 1. That's why. I came here for the Warcraft, not Pokemon.
    Does that warrant complaints?