Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Lich King Arthas Premium Statue, Diablo II: Resurrected Technical Alpha & Press Kit

Lich King Arthas Premium Statue
    To celebrate its 30th anniversary, Blizzard has launched their new limited release series "From the Vault" today! These new series will feature themed collectibles from Blizzard games each month through November 2021.

This month's release is the World of Warcraft Lich King Arthas Premium Statue, which stands 26" tall and weights 46 lb (66 cm height / 20.8 kg). The premium statue costs $1100 in North America (€1300 in Europe), and will be shipped no later than Friday, November 19th.

We are part of the Blizzard Gear affiliate program and any purchase made through these links gives a small portion to us to support the site.

Diablo II: Resurrected Technical Alpha & Press Kit
    The Diablo II: Resurrected single-player Technical Alpha starts today! A few content creators will get access to technical alpha today, and select players that have pre-registered for the alpha through the official website will get access on April 9th.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    DIABLO® II: RESURRECTED™ is the definitive remastering of Diablo II and its Lord of Destruction® expansion—two hallmark entries in Blizzard Entertainment’s genre-defining action role-playing series. Veteran players, as well as those who missed out when the original game was first released twenty years ago, can now experience Diablo II’s timeless gameplay with modern visuals and audio that take advantage of today’s gaming hardware. Diablo II: Resurrected Single-player Technical Alpha is the first public test of the game available to a limited number of players, press, and content creators from around the world.

Diablo II: Resurrected Single-player Technical Alpha Highlights

• Explore the first two acts of Diablo II in full – Navigate perilous areas of eastern Khanduras, from the Rogue Encampment to the Monastery, and then head East to walk the sands of sunlit Lut Gholein.
    • Try out three beloved characters – Crush demons in fierce melee combat as the Barbarian, slay your enemies from afar as the Amazon, or master deadly spells as the Sorceress.
    • No level cap – Power up and upgrade your characters as much as you want until the end of the Technical Alpha. Note that progress will not be carried over to future tests or the final game.
    • Test the single-player experience – While multiplayer will be a huge part of Diablo II: Resurrected upon release, we are focusing on testing solo play during this Technical Alpha
    • Play with mouse and keyboard or a controller – Diablo II: Resurrected will allow you to control the game the way you want it, and we will be testing both input methods in the Technical Alpha.
    • Sanctuary needs your help urgently – Diablo II: Resurrected Technical Alpha will be running from 10 a.m. Pacific Time on April 8 (Early Access) through 10 a.m. PT on April 12.
    • International availability – Technical Alpha will be available in most regions to a limited number of participants.
    • Internet connection required for testing only – To ensure security of the Technical Alpha, a constant online connection will be required during play. (A constant Internet connection will not be required for the final version of the game.)
    • Available for pre-purchase on Windows PC — The Diablo Prime Evil Collection includes Diablo II: Resurrected, Diablo® III, the Reaper of Souls™ expansion, the Rise of the Necromancer pack, and exclusive cosmetic items.
    • This is only the first Technical Alpha — Signups are open at Diablo2.com to participate in future tests, including the Multiplayer test coming later this year.
    • English language-only for the Technical Alpha – When released, Diablo II: Resurrected will be localized in more than a dozen languages including English, French, Italian, German, European Spanish, Korean, Polish, traditional Chinese, Mexican Spanish, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, and Russian. Additional supported languages to be announced later.
    • Stream and capture all the footage you want – As soon as you begin playing the Diablo II: Resurrected Single-player Technical Alpha (during Early Access or later), you are free to livestream, capture, and publish gameplay footage, or take and publish as many screenshots as you like from anywhere in the game.
    • Explore the Sanctuary of players’ nightmares, now in stunning 4K resolution.*
      *4K resolution and 7.1 Dolby Surround require platforms and equipment that support those features.
    • Diablo II: Resurrected will feature all 27 minutes of cinematics that have been remade, shot-for-shot, from the ground up. These are still a work-in-progress, and the Technical Alpha will include the original Diablo II cinematics as placeholders.
    • Original 2D sprite-based models are reborn with full 3D physically-based rendering. Upgraded visuals also include new animations, dynamic lighting, new textures, and updated visual effects.
    • Remastered graphics and the more nostalgic “original” experience can be toggled back-and-forth with the press of a button.
    • Audio remastered in Dolby Surround 7.1 sound.
    • Genre-defining Diablo gameplay featuring robust RPG character progression, incredibly deep itemization, and visceral hack-and-slash combat.
    • Let us know what you think – Everything you will see in the Diablo II: Resurrected Single-player Technical Alpha, including visuals, audio effects, user interface, in-game systems, and more, is not final and should be considered a work-in-progress.
    • We will be listening to feedback very closely and making changes where necessary to deliver the best possible Diablo II experience to players.

THE EARLY GOLDEN AGE OF DIABLO IS REBORN

The heroes return . . . Diablo II: Resurrected brings a diverse cast of characters into the modern gaming era, now in full 3D, with a wealth of gameplay and build options for players to explore. The Amazon, Barbarian, Necromancer, Paladin, and Sorceress are joined by the Assassin and Druid from the Lord of Destruction expansion.

. . . to face legendary evils. Take on Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal—the mightiest foes Hell could muster. Defeat them if you can before facing even greater challenges in the Nightmare and Hell difficulty modes.

With great itemization comes great replayability. Players are rewarded for waging war against the forces of the Burning Hells. Powerful gear upgrades include unique weapons and armor, set items, runes and rune words, charms, and more.

Diablo II: Resurrected Technical Alpha - Press Kit Images

Last edited by Lumy; 2021-04-08 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who spends $1,100 on a statue while actually needing that for things like food just because "I got my 1400 stimmy so it's 'free' lol" is a perfect example of fools and their money are soon parted.

But hey, at least it looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Anyone who spends $1,100 on a statue while actually needing that for things like food just because "I got my 1400 stimmy so it's 'free' lol" is a perfect example of fools and their money are soon parted.
    Imagine jumping to be angry about a TYPE of person that you just made up lmao

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet looking piece of artwork, not sure it goes with anything else in the house though.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Looks nice but not nice enough for the price. I really wish they would be reasonable with their merchandise.

$1100-1500+ for a cheap polyresin figurine... fucking LOL!

Greedy fucks...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-04-08 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    Looks nice but not nice enough for the price. I really wish they would be reasonable with their merchandise.
    I completely agree. The Illidan statue was just as detailed, only 2 inches shorter and was less than half the price. Then they decided to double it with Lilith and Thrall - and apparently that still wasn't enough for them.

All this for a polyresin statue that would look out of place in most homes and cringed at anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MKGulantik View Post
    Imagine jumping to be angry about a TYPE of person that you just made up lmao
    The type exists - there were people who decided to invest the "stimmy" into GameStop. Not that investing is foolish - but GameStop? Really? Just follow the hype without understanding that GameStop has been in serious trouble before the price spike recently. And before that, ever heard what happens to quite a few lottery winners? They squander the money on vanity products instead of keeping and saving it, or using it slowly.

So I wouldn't be surprised if someone used their "stimmy" to buy this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

But hey, at least it looks nice.
    what is a „stimmy“ if i may ask ?

I completely agree. The Illidan statue was just as detailed, only 2 inches shorter and was less than half the price. Then they decided to double it with Lilith and Thrall - and apparently that still wasn't enough for them.

All this for a polyresin statue that would look out of place in most homes and cringed at anyway.
    You underestimate the powers of garden Arthas and his army of re painted undead gnomes

I completely agree. The Illidan statue was just as detailed, only 2 inches shorter and was less than half the price. Then they decided to double it with Lilith and Thrall - and apparently that still wasn't enough for them, since its NEVER enough for them.

may i „fix“, or better said „complete“ this for you ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    what is a „stimmy“ if i may ask ?
    That's what some young people call the $1,400 payment the US government made recently to everyone in the lower and middle class, roughly. I got one, and I am going to save it, maybe invest part of it later when the stock market is less volatile and it's not COVID time.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would be quite curious on how many people actually buy this.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure releasing a giant Arthas statue during Shadowlands is pure coincidence and in no way related to whom they plan to pull out of retirement in hopes of regaining lost subs.

That's what some young people call the $1,400 payment the US government made recently to everyone in the lower and middle class, roughly. I got one, and I am going to save it, maybe invest part of it later when the stock market is less volatile and it's not COVID time.
    So you didn't really need it.. why not send it back so it can be reinvested for the greater good of your country instead of your pockets?

Quote Originally Posted by Moi2003 View Post
    I would be quite curious on how many people actually buy this.
    Oh it will sell...There are still people buying physical game copies or collectors edition of games...My friends for instance. No hate on that, spend your money however you want, I will just never do that...Been trying to sell my TBC collectors edition for years at just 75-100 dollars over price back then...no luck, haven't even used pet code. So no, they dont even hold their value...only bought it back on release day cause the other games was sold out.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exer View Post
    So you didn't really need it.. why not send it back so it can be reinvested for the greater good of your country instead of your pockets?
    Is this satire or did Bernie Sanders just possess you? I can't honestly tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    $1100-1500+ for a cheap polyresin figurine... fucking LOL!

Greedy fucks...
    Yeah, imagine a stupid leather bag costing 1500 dollars instead of 150 because there’s written Gucci somewhere in the front.

Almost everything not strictly necessary to live is overpriced more or less as fiuck.

Statue is pretty cool, the price is not.

the statue is overpriced for the size based on the market of statues, more so when they don't have pay licensing fees compared to companies like Prime 1, sideshow etc.. People will buy it though...