Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post
    Worked for me, had all my 200 conduits (that I wanted) by week 2.

    As I progressed, so did my conduits. /story

    Do you really need questions like this answered? How the hell do you think they became a BiLlIon DoLLAr ComPAnY.
    "it worked for me"

    why did I bother.....
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Ah there we go.

    Do people just think everyone is a "casual" who wants free loot? When did this bullshit notion become so wide spread?

    I'm only asking for a way to increase my power level so I can be the best raid/dungeon member I can be. If that takes longer than what a mythic raider can achieve it in, fine. But it should at least be realistic time frame. I'll be lucky to get the ones I want before the end of the tier. But no problem right?
    It is no problem, don't be such a drama queen.

    You will clear raid content long before you will have BIS setup, as everyone does - hell by the grace of the fact that Sire has BIS items for every last class with 233 weapons/trinkets and other slots - stuff you can't get anywhere else in the game.

    Compared to getting BIS farmed out from Sire - the effort it takes to max out your conduits now is laughable. Do a HC run or two to get most 213 conduits, then you just need what - 2-3 weeks of Stygia to get all conduits you might need to 226? And that is provided you do not even raid mythic, which drops half of them from trivial bosses AND you have atrocious luck of stygia giving bad conduits only. Call the waambulance there.

    Then what's the difference between best conduit at 213 ilvl and 226 ilvl? 9 DPS? 15 DPS? Who the fuck cares.

    Sounds like you can't even handle the insurmountable challenge of grinding it out for couple of weeks, 15 mins a day, like you know - I did. And frankly, even if I'd stayed with 213 conduits - who the fuck gives a damn, they are such a minor upgrade with 226 it's almost nothing - like half a gem, if that. Tragedy.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It is no problem, don't be such a drama queen.

    You will clear raid content long before you will have BIS setup, as everyone does - hell by the grace of the fact that Sire has BIS items for every last class with 233 weapons/trinkets and other slots - stuff you can't get anywhere else in the game.

    Compared to getting BIS farmed out from Sire - the effort it takes to max out your conduits now is laughable. Do a HC run or two to get most 213 conduits, then you just need what - 2-3 weeks of Stygia to get all conduits you might need to 226? And that is provided you do not even raid mythic, which drops half of them from trivial bosses AND you have atrocious luck of stygia giving bad conduits only. Call the waambulance there.

    Then what's the difference between best conduit at 213 ilvl and 226 ilvl? 9 DPS? 15 DPS? Who the fuck cares.

    Sounds like you can't even handle the insurmountable challenge of grinding it out for couple of weeks, 15 mins a day, like you know - I did. And frankly, even if I'd stayed with 213 conduits - who the fuck gives a damn, they are such a minor upgrade with 226 it's almost nothing - like half a gem, if that. Tragedy.
    You can get 233 with PVP.

    At least have your information correct when you come barging in with your hate boner.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You can get 233 with PVP.

    At least have your information correct when you come barging in with your hate boner.
    You can get only weapon at 233 in PvP. That's all.

    You can't get BIS trinkets, rings, chests, shoulders, backs and so on as 233 in PvP - that is ONLY M.Denathrius and M.SLG - you pro you. Do your research, big teamplayer contributor.

    Whiny little git. "Oh boo-hoo I have to do shit for 15 mins a day for 3 weeks to get 226 conduits upgrade, poor me". What, you want it to come in mailbox for logging in, cupcake? Cuz getting 226 conduit you want is about as little effort as it takes ingame to get BIS anything 226.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-04-10 at 07:37 PM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post
    Worked for me, had all my 200 conduits (that I wanted) by week 2.

    As I progressed, so did my conduits. /story

    Do you really need questions like this answered? How the hell do you think they became a BiLlIon DoLLAr ComPAnY.
    Conduits don't stop at 200 though.

    Hell, my lock still has 200 of the best conduits that I want, because you're stuck either picking "Do you want another socket with stygia, or do you want to gamble and end up upgrading some conduit for a spec you don't even play to 213".

    People are so focused on the messenger here that they're missing the message I feel like. The current conduit system is a bit too ridiculous if you care about getting that extra out of it.

    Hell it wasn't until a few weeks ago that you could even get potency conduits from the raid, and even then it's only one per spec, and some just aren't even worth it. So you're stuck gambling when you could be putting that towards sockets instead.

    Even setting aside the druid issue of having too many conduits overall, it's an issue for every class that the conduit upgrade system past 200 is completely random.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You can get only weapon at 233 in PvP. That's all.

    You can't get BIS trinkets, rings, chests, shoulders, backs and so on as 233 in PvP - that is ONLY M.Denathrius and M.SLG - you pro you. Do your research, big teamplayer contributor.

    Whiny little git. "Oh boo-hoo I have to do shit for 15 mins a day for 3 weeks to get 226 conduits upgrade, poor me". What, you want it to come in mailbox for logging in, cupcake? Cuz getting 226 conduit you want is about as little effort as it takes ingame to get BIS anything 226.
    are you done?
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    are you done?
    Yeah, I got my 226 conduits. Wasn't hard. Thanks for asking.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Is it just for mythic raiders and its a write off for everyone else?
    IMO you derail your own thread and point by needlessly launching into the tired "game sucks because Blizzard caters to mythic raiders" thing. It is illogical because this is yet another example where mythic raiders are punished more than almost anyone else. It is also pointless because it does not have a significant impact on what you're complaining about.

    I'm not personally a fan of the system because I don't want to do the Maw and I don't like non-targetable stuff like this. Fortunately I'm not a mythic raider though, so I don't really give a shit. You don't need to max conduits unless you are mythic raiding or genuinely pushing keys. That doesn't make a bad system ok, but it does make it less impactful.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's OK, you can always just get max conduits from Mythic raids.
    Or what you want 226 stuff being handed out to you?
    Be realistic, some classes have their bis conduit drops from mythic sire... The system is garbage.
    The stygia upgrades should have been spec specific, there's no debate here. I'm also pretty sure it will be targetable in 9.1, for what it matters.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You can get only weapon at 233 in PvP. That's all.

    You can't get BIS trinkets, rings, chests, shoulders, backs and so on as 233 in PvP
    Except i guess for the fact most dps classes have their bis trinket be a pvp trinket. But who cares you know?
    Perfectly awesome system this expansion, and how dare any of us complain about it? *rolleyes*
    Last edited by tomten; 2021-04-10 at 09:11 PM.

  10. #30
    What I always say when I see a complaint like this.... Choices=Consequences.... you are CHOOSING to play the only class in game with 4 spec's, you have perks playing as such class as you can choose any of the 3 roles and the dps role can be melee or range. No other class has this option! Then you turn around and complain that you can't min/max or max out a system for said spec that once again you CHOSE to play. Why should you have the perks that nobody else can have AND have the ease at gathering gear/conduits/artifacts/legendaries/whatever the next big thing is in WoW that they have? You talk about it not being fair for you, how's its fair to them if they can't even choose a 3rd or 4th spec or decide range/melee option with a spec? MY GOD!!

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Madmartegan View Post
    What I always say when I see a complaint like this.... Choices=Consequences.... you are CHOOSING to play the only class in game with 4 spec's, you have perks playing as such class as you can choose any of the 3 roles and the dps role can be melee or range. No other class has this option! Then you turn around and complain that you can't min/max or max out a system for said spec that once again you CHOSE to play. Why should you have the perks that nobody else can have AND have the ease at gathering gear/conduits/artifacts/legendaries/whatever the next big thing is in WoW that they have? You talk about it not being fair for you, how's its fair to them if they can't even choose a 3rd or 4th spec or decide range/melee option with a spec? MY GOD!!
    If you put druid aside.

    It still a shit system for rogues who only play assassin. Dk's who only play unholy, Mages who only play fire etc.

    Try get your head out of the sand sometime and dont focus on such a weird nit pick.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Madmartegan View Post
    What I always say when I see a complaint like this.... Choices=Consequences.... you are CHOOSING to play the only class in game with 4 spec's, you have perks playing as such class as you can choose any of the 3 roles and the dps role can be melee or range. No other class has this option! Then you turn around and complain that you can't min/max or max out a system for said spec that once again you CHOSE to play. Why should you have the perks that nobody else can have AND have the ease at gathering gear/conduits/artifacts/legendaries/whatever the next big thing is in WoW that they have? You talk about it not being fair for you, how's its fair to them if they can't even choose a 3rd or 4th spec or decide range/melee option with a spec? MY GOD!!
    Its equally shit for classes having 3 specs. And really, I choose to play a tank. I dont choose to play ret or holy. Ever. So why should it matter how many options my class has far as roles go?
    There's plenty of people only playing one role or even one spec. Your logic does not apply, at all.

    The system is so garbage that up until a couple weeks ago my spec couldn't even get 3 of my bis conduits to drop from raids. They capped out at 200 and on a world boss rotating once every 4 weeks... And now as an after thought cuz they realize how retarded they are, they added it to raids....only to put it on sire.... Saying blizz is incompetent is a compliment....
    Last edited by tomten; 2021-04-10 at 09:32 PM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I think you're the nerve struck, here. He didn't say "this is mythic raiders' fault", he asked "did blizz do this for mythic raiders".
    Like.

    I think the government has turned my city into an absolute fucking shithole. Have they done that to cater to the <insert minority here>? WOOOOOOOAH, why would you think that I'm racist just because I was talking about this place being a shithole? Just because my first and sole example were <insert minority here> doesn't mean I'm a racist!

    Like, if you're complaining and your first (and only) impulse is to bring up mythic raiders as to why the game is bad (not game directors, not game developers, not the finance department, not Bobby Kotick, not the shareholders, not pet battlers, not PvPers, not m+ers, your first and only attempt at an explanation is to insinuate is that the game is shit because of mythic raiders. But that must totally just be me reading between the lines and absolutely not you being too thick to realize your own bias.

    If the first fucking thing you think about when talking about why the game is bad are 'mythic raiders' you might just wanna stop for a second and consider why that is the first and fucking ONLY thing you bring up. And only after that's being pointed out to you you come up with exotic examples such as... the game designers not being the bestest in the world... possibly being a reason for the game being bad.

    I don't care about who gets fucked the most by this system. The designers designed this bad system. My first impulse is to give the designers shit for this. My first impulse is to question the designers. My first impulse is not to put the blame on a subset of the community that I just so happen to not be apart of. You're either blissfully oblivious or ignorant if you can'T see how putting the spotlight on mythic raiders (and only mythic raiders) when asking such a question might give off the idea... that you're not particularly fond of the evil mythic raiders. But I highly doubt that you're this naive, I'm pretty sure it's just sheer ignorance. Now hit me with that 'no you' and show me how it's just me being insecure when someone opens up a thread to trashtalk the game and the only question they raise is as to whether the game has been made shit because of the mythic raiders - no front of course, just a random example, could've given 20 other examples, just so happened to choose the mythic raiders, you don't have to read anything into this... but seriously though, was everything bad in this game done to appease the mythic raiders?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Its equally shit for classes having 3 specs. And really, I choose to play a tank. I dont choose to play ret or holy. Ever. So why should it matter how many options my class has far as roles go?
    There's plenty of people only playing one role or even one spec. Your logic does not apply, at all.

    The system is so garbage that up until a couple weeks ago my spec couldn't even get 3 of my bis conduits to drop from raids. They capped out at 200 and on a world boss rotating once every 4 weeks... And now as an after thought cuz they realize how retarded they are, they added it to raids....only to put it on sire.... Saying blizz is incompetent is a compliment....
    How does the logic not apply to the complaint of the post. He was comparing a Druid to a DK and how it would take him longer and cost more stygia to max out all his conduits as he would have to collect twice as many as a DK and a entire spec's worth to all other classes, to which I said he chooses to play the class with 4 specs. Yes the systems isn't that great but you can't choose to play a class with more specs then all the others, with more options/roles/hybrids that can be made and then complain that it'll take more effort/resources to max them all out. Its literally like someone buying a Tesla and another person buys a Honda Civic, they both are cars, they both drive you around and then complain that the Tesla costs more than the Civic. IF you're choosing something that has more options/perks/whatever than you should expect more effort/costs being needed to have it or maintain it.....

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Madmartegan View Post
    How does the logic not apply to the complaint of the post. He was comparing a Druid to a DK and how it would take him longer and cost more stygia to max out all his conduits as he would have to collect twice as many as a DK and a entire spec's worth to all other classes, to which I said he chooses to play the class with 4 specs. Yes the systems isn't that great but you can't choose to play a class with more specs then all the others, with more options/roles/hybrids that can be made and then complain that it'll take more effort/resources to max them all out. Its literally like someone buying a Tesla and another person buys a Honda Civic, they both are cars, they both drive you around and then complain that the Tesla costs more than the Civic. IF you're choosing something that has more options/perks/whatever than you should expect more effort/costs being needed to have it or maintain it.....
    Because how many specs your class has doesn't matter?
    The grind, even if it was literally the same timegating as collecting for all 4 specs, should have been spec specific. It makes no sense to force me to grind for specs I will never use or play. It's not fun, its not engaging and it really sucks when you get stuff for specs you never play. That's not a good system. They have the option of loot specialization for drops and even memories, why should conduits be different?
    I could agree with your statement if he said he actively plays all 4 roles and thinks it should be as easy as say a demon hunter to collect all the conduits, but far as I can tell, thats not what he said?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    How is it a balanced system when you compare say Druid vs Demon hunter?

    One has 4 specs and the other has 2.

    I worked it out and for me to finish upgrading all my conduits to 213 its gonna cost another 30k stygia. Thats minus the ones I've already gotten from raid drops. That is just to 213, and out of all of them I use 4-5. So I have to hope I get lucky to hit the remaining ones I want anyway.

    And if I wanna upgrade them further I have to upgrade every single one because the upgrade token will target the lowest item level first.

    Seriously who thought up this system? Is it just for mythic raiders and its a write off for everyone else? Unless you play DH? Where its a lot easier to cap them out grinding away and is a viable option. Vs say druid where I wont be capping them till next tier. And by then they'll bump them up again and 213/226 will be nothing anyway
    You pay the price for playing the only class in the game with 4 specs.

    We call that justice.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Lmao a class with 4 strong specs, it's own zone, it's own covenant, and blatant favouritism throughout this expansion, complaining about bias towards another class that has only had 1 decent spec this expansion.

    Clownworld.
    True feels like legion again.

  18. #38
    Wtf, who cares about maxing conduits?? On all specs nontheless? And druid got 4 more conduits than other classes. If you raid heroic then it'll cost you like 5000 stygia more to get them. That's a week's work.

    Conduits are not impactful enough to invest energy into making a whine thread.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Lol says a lot about you if that is what you dwell on.

    I only ask for competent game design.

    I dont care about casual vs mythic. This system seems shit for mythic raiders also because take balance druid for example, their best potency conduit drops from sire. Bit pointless once you're already able to down mythic sire no?
    You forget farm for the next tier
    Also I imagine that it’s not a really big deal for.5% increases on a conduit in the end compared to using that Stygia for sockets

    Conduit energy is garbage but otherwise the system just requires you to play the game

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Lmao a class with 4 strong specs, it's own zone, it's own covenant, and blatant favouritism throughout this expansion, complaining about bias towards another class that has only had 1 decent spec this expansion.

    Clownworld.
    So true, my main alt is a druid and the level of class favoritism is absurd. 3 extremely competitive specs, the 4th (Feral) while outshined by Balance is actually still pretty damn good in patchwerk fights. An entire covenant and zone dedicated to druids (which conveniently also happens to be overall the best one for druids!) oh and yeah Balance has gotten its 17th modernization in a row, keeping it fresh and powerful as ever. Only class that could tolerate the Maw from the beginning due to Travel form and oh yeah they are the only class with 4 specs in the whole game and its easily the class with the most quality of life features like travel form and being able to never have to dismount when you gotta pick something up and mobs beat you.

    Blizzard LOVES druids and I wish other classes would receive their fair share of developer affection, not just Druids. I'd be salty if I didn't play and enjoy one myself. But I do totally get your point, it's obvious they put way more effort into some classes than others. Druids are the golden child of Blizzard.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2021-04-11 at 08:20 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •