Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A lot of that is a really good read and I honestly agree with that person. Sony think's they are took big to fail and it may bite them in the ass. I don't mind big AAA games like TLOU2 but I like other titles as well. ill just support indies and AA studio's more and more.

    I do feel leadership needs a shakeup at Playstation because Jim Ryan is a tool. Sony needs to remember what brought them to the dance and it really feels the current leadership doesn't.
    Sony's leadership would rather virtue signal to people who don't buy their products rather than continue appealing to the largest demographics that buy consoles and games and that is men. The whole "wider audience" has continually been disproven when their products don't sell near as well as games catered towards the primary player base. Sure, there are tons of women that play the same games and for the most part, most of them don't care that the games try and appeal to men because they are still fun.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    rather than continue appealing to the largest demographics that buy consoles and games and that is men.
    The largest demographic isn't men, Its a 50/50 split now...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - GTX 1660 Super - 16GB DDR4 - 1TBHD/512GB M.2SSD

  3. #63
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The largest demographic isn't men, Its a 50/50 split now...
    No, it isn't. Women make up the majority of mobile gamers, not console gamers.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Sony's leadership would rather virtue signal to people who don't buy their products rather than continue appealing to the largest demographics that buy consoles and games and that is men. The whole "wider audience" has continually been disproven when their products don't sell near as well as games catered towards the primary player base. Sure, there are tons of women that play the same games and for the most part, most of them don't care that the games try and appeal to men because they are still fun.
    That's just stupid. Why market to a segment that's going to buy it any way. There's no growth in marketing to men, huge growth in marketing to women. Why not cater for the growth market? Most men don't care that games try to be inclusive of minorities or the female market because they are still fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  5. #65
    Legendary! The One Percent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    6,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    They should make a Legend of the Dragoon or Legend of Legaia Remake/Remaster... you know games that have been dormant since PS1.
    Fuck yeah. That would actually get me interested.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

  6. #66
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,393
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That's just stupid. Why market to a segment that's going to buy it any way. There's no growth in marketing to men, huge growth in marketing to women. Why not cater for the growth market? Most men don't care that games try to be inclusive of minorities or the female market because they are still fun.
    Games, franchises in particular, that don't target their buyer base are destined to fail. Just like comic books and literally every other facet of nerd culture. By all means, create your own products and market it towards non-traditional markets and see if it works, but don't expect long time nerds and geeks to buy products from their beloved franchises that blatantly attempts to flip the script from what they are known and loved for. And tons of women play games with male characters, just like tons of men play games with female characters. This arrogant notion that men and women, or anyone else for that matter, shouldn't play games with characters that don't represent themselves is absolutely stupid and needs to die. And like I said, don't like a game because it has a target market that it caters to? Well you aren't being forced to play it. There are tons of games that I don't want to play because I don't like them, whether it be for their genre or how they are written, but I'm not going to stop people from making the games they want to make, but leave the stuff I enjoy alone.

    If Sony wants to make cinema-grade games with mediocre stories and boring gameplay, well, they better not complain when people grow sick of them and go elsewhere to play other types of titles.

  7. #67
    https://wccftech.com/ps4-no-offline-games-cmos/

    and in a further extension of this ball gathering moss its no longer rumour but confirmed that the CMOS battery in PS4's, which on average have a lifespan of five years, will render the system unable to play digital AND physical games once it dies due to some fucked up psn trophy synch design. The console will no longer be able to ascertain if you are playing a legitimate PS4 game disc and refuse to boot it at all. Luckily it looks like anyone with a bit of know how and a a screwdriver can open up their console and replace it and unlike a few gens ago doesn't appear to require soldering either and that *should* solve it but thats right now. When Sony cuts the PS4 off the PSN too eventually this will be the default the cmos is just simulating early and the console may just become a brick that refuses to boot games at all without the trophy/patch prompts there anymore.

    Hopefully they find a work around but given their current "its not our current hardware so its abandoned" status for everything pre PS4 i don't see the current leadership wanting to try and do this when they can say "but we have a console that still plays those games, its called the playstation 5" instead.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021...oading_patches

    and people who panic bought physical copies of limited run PS3 games about to lose their digital editions are finding Sony already started to stop patching which in some cases means game breaking bugs can never be resolved.

    Boy this is going to be a fun month for Sony PR.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  8. #68
    Over 9000! Graeham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,939
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Boy this is going to be a fun month for Sony PR.
    Maybe.

    Though there's never a shortage of people rushing to defend them no matter what they do.

    I do give them credit for how they handled the Cyberpunk disaster, though. Which wasn't really their fault in the first place but it was nice to get a refund for the console version of the game.

  9. #69
    Immortal sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,965
    while i hate, they are smart
    1- it is getting tv adaptation, that will introduce lot of new costumers who will buy a 2021 game (even if remake) but may not buy a 7 years old game no matter how great it is
    2- its name already is one of hottest topics in gaming industry, everyone have opinion about it and want to show it, in comparison all those other games if they get new release they will get an article or 2, but TLOU will get every article in every gaming website
    TLOU is massive publicity, as they say there is no bad publicity, and they will abuse that (catch me outside girl got millions of $$$ in her first few hours of onlyfans, a horrible piece of sh8t girl)
    3- u can't buy it on ps5 that simple, the game is 2 generations old, yes the best of ps3 but a ps3 game, while sony promised lot of ps4 compatibility sony has reputation of being the worst console to play older games (ironic since nintendo is worse, but since nintendo saved video game industry average gamer will forgive them)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That's just stupid. Why market to a segment that's going to buy it any way. There's no growth in marketing to men, huge growth in marketing to women. Why not cater for the growth market? Most men don't care that games try to be inclusive of minorities or the female market because they are still fun.
    Censoring isn't inclusive.

  11. #71
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,604
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    3- u can't buy it on ps5 that simple, the game is 2 generations old, yes the best of ps3 but a ps3 game, while sony promised lot of ps4 compatibility sony has reputation of being the worst console to play older games (ironic since nintendo is worse, but since nintendo saved video game industry average gamer will forgive them)
    The first TLOU has a PS4 remaster. That remaster runs on the PS5, there’s no room for doubt about that or availability on PSN there.

  12. #72
    Meh... i think they are only making what people want.

    You talked about 3rd person games like we don't have a ton of first person games as well. I am tired of the first person ones. FPS' coming out every year by the ton and even survival games have been going in that direction.
    Now, if you said open world games, i'd agree. I hate boring travel time and grindy side quests/content by the ton.

    I am ok with this though. I have not cared for indie and low budget titles from Sony. There are companies that are better suited to build that kind of experience.
    They should remake some past hits to make people happy though.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-04-12 at 03:28 PM.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    while i hate, they are smart
    1- it is getting tv adaptation, that will introduce lot of new costumers who will buy a 2021 game (even if remake) but may not buy a 7 years old game no matter how great it is
    2- its name already is one of hottest topics in gaming industry, everyone have opinion about it and want to show it, in comparison all those other games if they get new release they will get an article or 2, but TLOU will get every article in every gaming website
    TLOU is massive publicity, as they say there is no bad publicity, and they will abuse that (catch me outside girl got millions of $$$ in her first few hours of onlyfans, a horrible piece of sh8t girl)
    3- u can't buy it on ps5 that simple, the game is 2 generations old, yes the best of ps3 but a ps3 game, while sony promised lot of ps4 compatibility sony has reputation of being the worst console to play older games (ironic since nintendo is worse, but since nintendo saved video game industry average gamer will forgive them)
    Uhh not only can you 100% buy and play TLOU on PS5, it's even given to you in the PS+ collection if you own a PS5 and subscribe to PS+.

    This is about as credible as thinking people living in rural US can't mail controllers to Nintendo. lol.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-04-12 at 03:31 PM.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://wccftech.com/ps4-no-offline-games-cmos/

    and in a further extension of this ball gathering moss its no longer rumour but confirmed that the CMOS battery in PS4's, which on average have a lifespan of five years, will render the system unable to play digital AND physical games once it dies due to some fucked up psn trophy synch design. The console will no longer be able to ascertain if you are playing a legitimate PS4 game disc and refuse to boot it at all. Luckily it looks like anyone with a bit of know how and a a screwdriver can open up their console and replace it and unlike a few gens ago doesn't appear to require soldering either and that *should* solve it but thats right now. When Sony cuts the PS4 off the PSN too eventually this will be the default the cmos is just simulating early and the console may just become a brick that refuses to boot games at all without the trophy/patch prompts there anymore.

    Hopefully they find a work around but given their current "its not our current hardware so its abandoned" status for everything pre PS4 i don't see the current leadership wanting to try and do this when they can say "but we have a console that still plays those games, its called the playstation 5" instead.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021...oading_patches

    and people who panic bought physical copies of limited run PS3 games about to lose their digital editions are finding Sony already started to stop patching which in some cases means game breaking bugs can never be resolved.

    Boy this is going to be a fun month for Sony PR.
    If that is the case, they will get sued for false advertising. They can't brick the consoles like that. I am not believing that story.

  15. #75
    Sony got way overconfident, it is definitely going to bite them in the ass this generation they think they don't have to do any work now and they're making anti-consumer decisions left and right like shutting down those old stores not having backwards compatibility etc. The last Sony device I bought was the Vita and then they bailed on it so I'm just skipping the PS5 completely there's plenty of games on PC/Xbox and switch and none of the PlayStation franchises are enticing enough for me to give a shit.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    If that is the case, they will get sued for false advertising. They can't brick the consoles like that. I am not believing that story.
    Proof of people doing it to test it...

    https://twitter.com/Forest_Reviews/s...95899982008325

    It has been proven that the battery issue applies to both PS3/PS4. You can jail break a PS4 and even test it by just setting the kernel clock to 0. So ya if PSN gets removed completely from PS3/PS4 at some point you will need to jailbreak the system to use it.

    (To be clear with PS3 it effects digital games only, On PS4 its both digital and physical).
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-04-12 at 03:41 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - GTX 1660 Super - 16GB DDR4 - 1TBHD/512GB M.2SSD

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Calling its PS4 port a "remaster" was also unnecessary.

    It's totally going to be a fucking movie tie in lmao
    You should go find out what the Word remaster means since TLOU in ps4 is a perfect example for it.

  18. #78
    We need competition in this marketplace, and Sony, Xbox, Nintendo, PC platforms, Mobile, Streaming is a really good set of options. No matter which one is on top, for any one to finally "win" any kind of platform war, or for any to exit any platform war, would be bad for all gamers.

    As with all things, balance is ideal. If all platforms are attractive options, we all win. If we end up under one monopoly, then we lose much ability to control anything with our wallets, and censorship and "curation" will get far worse. More options, no monopoly. Monopoly = we all lose.

    I like a healthy, diverse, competitive marketplace, not a toxic sludge filled monopoly where upstart competitors are crushed or bought, and only games approved by the monopoly can be made. I think it is a case of appreciating what we have now, before it is perhaps gone. Lots of consolidation going on in the industry right now, despite current halcyon days for gaming revenue.

    Now in movies, when we talk about preservation, that studio that created the movie, not the movie theater, preserves the movie, correct? With games, should the publisher or the platform holder be responsible for preserving that content for future generations?
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-04-12 at 04:11 PM.

  19. #79
    So many good IP that could use a reboot/remake/remaster or a straight up sequel from the PSX/2 days. From Sony they could do something with The Legend of Dragoon, Medievil or Primal. Primal would even fit with this 3rd person action game issue the OP talks about.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    So many good IP that could use a reboot/remake/remaster or a straight up sequel from the PSX/2 days. From Sony they could do something with The Legend of Dragoon, Medievil or Primal. Primal would even fit with this 3rd person action game issue the OP talks about.
    I have 4 old IPs I always want restored. One is Legend of Dragoon, lol. Loved that game.

    FYI: The other 3 are Squaresoft/Capcom/Konami, with Parasite Eve, Dino Crisis, and Silent Hill. Just think of the flavor games like that added to old school gaming.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •