Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    PSVR on PS4 was pretty much a waste, honestly. The games were hot garbo because the console doesn't have the horsepower for it, really. I'm a bit more optimistic about potential PS5 VR given the horsepower and improvements to VR tech itself. It'll come down to if you're into VR or not, but there's definitely a market for it. Small, but it's growing as easy-use consumer VR becomes more and more affordable over time.
    I'm sure I'll end up buying it too, if they put Half-Life Alyx on it, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Do you think they would make a non Japanese person CEO? Seems like a big ask in a very unique work culture in one of if not the biggest companies based in japan
    #cancelsony #diversitynow

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    A remake of TLOU?

That's... Really unnecessary
    Of course it is. I'm not sure what makes Sony think that another remake of the same game is going to sell as much as the last remake did, especially considering it was released on two consoles and not just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Of course it is. I'm not sure what makes Sony think that another remake of the same game is going to sell as much as the last remake did, especially considering it was released on two consoles and not just one.
    TLOU was remastered for PS4, not remade. Big difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    TLOU has yet to be remade at all. What's on PS4 of that game isn't significantly more than a resolution, FPS bump, texture improvements etc, still largely a PS3 game.

If they're going at it intending to do a full remake, there's a ton that can be done with the gameplay and world design to bring it up to speed with the sequel.

10+ Year Old Account
    What, you mean you aren't excited to buy Grand Theft Auto 5 for a third Sony Playstation console?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    What, you mean you aren't excited to buy Grand Theft Auto 5 for a third Sony Playstation console?
    That's Rockstar yo, not Sony. If they re-re-release it it'll be on all platforms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I bought it once on PS3. Then I bought it again on PS4. Now it's coming out again on PS5.

Well I bought it once on PS3. Then I bought it again on PS4. Now it's coming out again on PS5.
    Ok...and? Sony doesn't publish the game, it's developed and published by RockStar and was released for PS3/360, and later for PS4/Xbox One/PC. If they choose to re-re-release it, it will be on PS5/Series X. Has nothing to do with Sony whatsoever.

Ignoring the fact it has nothing to do with Sony or their games... if you bought it on PS3 not expecting a PS4 version when it came out only 2 months before the PS4 was launching well that joke is on you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I'm actually a little concerned about the veracity of this rumor. Would Sony really make a TLOU remake? The remaster was...pretty much perfect. It just makes so little sense, that they would recreate that game which is already really great, iirc 4k/60. Why remake that? What could possibly be improved?

Edit: I just saw this was Schreier....which probably means it is accurate after all...it confounds me why they would remake TLOU though. Wow, this is actually a pretty big story here....
    It's the perfect cash in companion to the TLOU tv series coming out soon.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    It's the perfect cash in companion to the TLOU tv series coming out soon.
    Its also not that large of a project if it's reusing gameplay and assets from TLOU2. TLOU1 era Joel, Ellie and Tommy all already have new models in TLOU2 even from the flashback scenes. It's something ND could very easily churn out while working on another game similar to how The Lost Legacy was made while they where already neck deep in TLOU2 production.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the article basically about someone complaining that Sony puts good games?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I know most of yall haven't played it yet, but Sony does have an answer to this if they invest in it.

Astrobot, the VR game and then the free game on PS5 are absolutely incredible Mario level games. I don't just say that, and I don't think many games(even Sony exclusives) are Mario Odyssey level, so when I say that I do mean it as a very big compliment. Astrobot is incredible. It is the absolute most under the radar awesomeness in games right now besides maybe Dicey Dungeons.

If Sony would heavily invest in Astrobot like yesterday, get those same devs to do a full fledged AAA release around the size of Odyssey, then I think that one game, like Bloodborne, could change this whole conversation.

Another thing, after all these years and many thousands of dollars, I still cannot get past VR being a novelty for me. Sony believes this is a big competitive advantage, but I'm still not sold. I have the PSVR, the move sticks, all that, and also an original oculus rift from preorder when they first came out. I do not like having to wear something on my face while I'm relaxing, it bothers me.
    The free Astrobot game on the PS5 has no business being as fun as it is. I think Sony has stopped trying to force their own Mario back during the PS3 era a kart and Smash Bros clone failed (don't remember the name of the two games).

Also the Vita was basically the Switch before the Switch was even a thing and Sony just abandoned it. They are no longer chasing Nintendo.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-04-10 at 04:58 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Remaking a game that's not even a decade old...

This just in: Jason Schrier discovers what customers had figured out a decade ago. More news at eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    or just coast this until even the most mainstream consumers can't be marketed another one of these games because the interest has been exhausted?
    Anyone who wanted great Japanese games like the classics of eld, such as Final Fantasy or Legend of Dragoon or Parasite Eve, those people never got a PS4 or a PS5. They stayed on the Vita and then jump shipped to Nintendo systems. The people who own PS4s and PS5s are normies who eat up the AAA schlock and the movie games. Sony will be fine with them. Sony just won't ever get back into the Japanese market again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Remaking a game that's not even a decade old...
    Corporatism at its finest. Why take the risk of trying to create a new IP and sell people on it when you can just try to milk fans of something that already exists?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Anyone who wanted great Japanese games like the classics of eld, such as Final Fantasy or Legend of Dragoon or Parasite Eve, those people never got a PS4 or a PS5. They stayed on the Vita and then jump shipped to Nintendo systems. The people who own PS4s and PS5s are normies who eat up the AAA schlock and the movie games. Sony will be fine with them. Sony just won't ever get back into the Japanese market again.
    Yea, not like games like Persona 5, Nier Automata, Dragon Quest XI etc sold millions on PS4. Meanwhile back in reality...

The problem is not Japanese games or getting support from Japanese devs. You guys literally ask for remakes or new games in franchises that where financial failures even when they where relevant. Japanese games that aren't financial failures clearly do just fine on the platform.

Also I enjoy the fact Legend of Dragoon is being built up like some legend, because back when I was stanning for the game when it was relevant it was known as a meh JRPG on a platform that had many better ones to choose from. As much as I like the game it's not even a top 20 PS1 RPG to be up in arms about. But again back in reality...

The reality is it was a game with a $16 million budget which was ridiculously high for the time and it managed meh reviews and meh sales. I wonder why Sony abandoned it?!?! Anyone?!?!?! Can anyone figure out the common sense?!?!?
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-04-10 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Funny you mention the vita as the sony hell week continues: https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/commen..._employee_ama/

Personally i think the problem here isn't the output but the monotone nature of it. Theres nothing wrong with games like god of war or horizon. But Sony's focus to a majority of third person action games for the western mainstream is like McDonalds stripping down their menu so the whole kitchen can focus on putting out Big Macs. Folks love the Big Mac but there would come a point every person would be halfway through a Big Mac for the umpteenth time and feel like maybe its time to go to Pizza Hut instead for some variety.

Like just look at Japan Studios back catalogue. Its not just lauded for all the classics but for all the variety. Survival Horror, Platformers, Puzzle Games, Fighting Games, Shooters, Action Games and more.

Personally i have no interest in a PS5 if the majority output is going to be the exact same singular flavour of output on repeat. Been there done that was my sentiment with last gen xbox pushing halo and gears and the like long after they reached their natural conclusion because it was a "safe" option which hey its a business i get it those have to happen. But when its only the safe option? Thats like only going to the cinema to watch the MCU films. You might have a good time but personally i need variety.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Funny you mention the vita as the sony hell week continues: https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/commen..._employee_ama/
    A lot of that is a really good read and I honestly agree with that person. Sony think's they are took big to fail and it may bite them in the ass. I don't mind big AAA games like TLOU2 but I like other titles as well. ill just support indies and AA studio's more and more.

I do feel leadership needs a shakeup at Playstation because Jim Ryan is a tool. Sony needs to remember what brought them to the dance and it really feels the current leadership doesn't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A lot of that is a really good read and I honestly agree with that person. Sony think's they are took big to fail and it may bite them in the ass. I don't mind big AAA games like TLOU2 but I like other titles as well. ill just support indies and AA studio's more and more.

I do feel leadership needs a shakeup at Playstation because Jim Ryan is a tool. Sony needs to remember what brought them to the dance and it really feels the current leadership doesn't.
    If you where running Sony and not Jim Ryan the company would go bankrupt. Jim Ryan saved their ass on the PS3, so yes lets remember what brought them to the dance genius every time you try to call him a tool because he said something you didn't like about old games 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

i'm just salty the proprietary memory cards at £99 for fucking 64gb was "to prevent piracy" when all it did was prevent people wanting to buy the thing. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. What an absolute bungle.

Wanting to kill the PSN on everything pre PS4 since 2017 was some shit too.