Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    ..and DMC 5
    You mean the light beam capcom patched out of the game and was just differences in the lighting? Capcom literally patched it because of your conspiracy theories about it being sony censorship. LOL

Lets stop trying to hide behind the fact you guys want sexualized lolis, because if you have an issue with Sony censorship that's what it is. Nobody is buying your lame ass arguments when every game with consenting adults that look and act like adults can have all the sex scenes or nudity they want as long as it remains an M.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You mean the silly additional lighting that was removed shortly after launch (at least in the US) and nobody much cared about after it had its 2 minutes of internet outrage attention? >.>
    Didn't it stay in Europe though?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, it doesn't. It requires extra work to add the higher res textures and, if they up the framerate, make sure that doesn't cause any issues (if it's tied to game logic etc.)

AC:V isn't a remaster, it's a title natively released on both last and current-gen consoles. Different beast entirely my dude.
    TLOU PS3 and PS4 have a very miniscule difference from one another. It is indeed a port with "remastered" slapped onto the title to get 'soomers to buy again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Yes? With updated graphics/texture resolution, higher FPS limit. Exactly what a remaster is dude. What don't you understand?
    Of course it runs better. It got ported to a brand new console. Don't tell me you fell for buying the same game twice within a few months, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You mean the light beam capcom patched out of the game and was just differences in the lighting? Capcom literally patched it because of your conspiracy theories about it being sony censorship. LOL
    It wasn't differences in the lighting though. Xbox and Steam didn't have that. Those light beams were purposefully put on Trish and Lady's ass and chest. It was censorship regardless of how you look at it.

Lets stop trying to hide behind the fact you guys want sexualized lolis, because if you have an issue with Sony censorship that's what it is. Nobody is buying your lame ass arguments when every game with consenting adults that look and act like adults can have all the sex scenes or nudity they want as long as it remains an M.
    It seems you spend too much time on twitter. Since you're so quick to accuse people of shit like that because you can't present a decent argument.

Literally what's wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    TLOU PS3 and PS4 have a very miniscule difference from one another. It is indeed a port with "remastered" slapped onto the title to get 'soomers to buy again.
    You don't seem to understand what remaster means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Literally what's wrong with you?
    I'm more wondering why the only example you could list is something that was a mistake and patched out. Could it be because the other examples won't get you much sympathy? Don't worry, the answer is clear.

Cyberpunk literally has full fucking first person sex scenes far beyond the scene in TLOU2 so claiming Sony has a problem with sexualized adults and will censor it is wrong, try again.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm more wondering why the only example you could list is something that was a mistake and patched out. Could it be because the other examples won't get you much sympathy? Don't worry, the answer is clear.

Cyberpunk literally has full fucking first person sex scenes far beyond the scene in TLOU2 so claiming Sony has a problem with sexualized adults and will censor it is wrong, try again.
    A remaster would be an old game getting a drastic graphical upgrade. IE Diablo2, Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy, Spongebob Rehydrated.

Then, there are remakes. IE Resident Evil 2/Resident Evil 3, Ratchet and Clank(PS4/Movie tie in)

And then we have ports. Majora's mask 3DS, TLOU "remastered", Skyrim Legendary Edition.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it runs better. It got ported to a brand new console. Don't tell me you fell for buying the same game twice within a few months, did you?
    You do know that a remaster is just an enchanced version, which TLOU:Remastered is. Porting it to a new console, making it run better and not even enchancing the graphics would be a remaster as well.

I REALLY think you need to reconcider how you understand the word remaster. Because you seem lost. Remaster isn't remake. Or redoing anything at all. It's enhancing something that already exists. And TLOU1 is a perfect example of it, same with the C&C remaster (same company that was bought and now remaster Dialbo 2 btw, so hype on that!)

Edit: Just saw your reply above this one and I now understand you're either trolling or spewing hate for no reason. Because all of the games in your "ITS JUST A PORT LOL" example are all remasters according to your self, in the same post lol.
    Last edited by Askyl; 2021-04-13 at 07:35 AM.

A remaster would be an old game getting a drastic graphical upgrade. IE Diablo2, Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy, Spongebob Rehydrated.

Then, there are remakes. IE Resident Evil 2/Resident Evil 3, Ratchet and Clank(PS4/Movie tie in)

And then we have ports. Majora's mask 3DS, TLOU "remastered", Skyrim Legendary Edition.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remast...20videographic.

Again, you don't understand what a remaster is. They took a 720p/30fps game and made it 1080p/60fps(later 4k/60fps on the pro) and increased texture quality and used higher quality character models from the cgi scenes. It is the definition of a remaster.

You seem to be the only person lost here, a remaster is taking original product and improving the quality of it. What happened here? This isn't rocket science dude and it's an odd hill to try to die on.

Just to give you an idea of how silly you're being with the "its a port!" take, yes it is a port. Every remaster is a port. A remaster by definition is a port, and being a port doesn't make it not a remaster. In fact any port that improves the quality of a game is a remaster. TLOU was one of the first(might of been first not sure but definitely one of) games to even use "remastered" as previously it was only used for audio and video recordings, not for games. It was definitely the game to popularize the term and if not for it, you probably wouldn't even know the word exists or be using it to describe games because you definitely don't know the definition of it so you didn't learn it naturally.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-04-13 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    You do know that a remaster is just an enchanced version, which TLOU:Remastered is. Porting it to a new console, making it run better and not even enchancing the graphics would be a remaster as well.

I REALLY think you need to reconcider how you understand the word remaster. Because you seem lost. Remaster isn't remake. Or redoing anything at all. It's enhancing something that already exists. And TLOU1 is a perfect example of it, same with the C&C remaster (same company that was bought and now remaster Dialbo 2 btw, so hype on that!)

Edit: Just saw your reply above this one and I now understand you're either trolling or spewing hate for no reason. Because all of the games in your "ITS JUST A PORT LOL" example are all remasters according to your self, in the same post lol.
    It's a port, dude lol

Majora's Mask was a port from the N64 to the 3DS. They cleaned up some textures and slapped a 3D screen on top of it. It's a port.

Skyrim Legendary Edition is indeed also just a port. Infact it was so effortlessly done, they gave it out for free to PC users who already owned the last iteration of the game. All they did, again, was clean up some textures. At least they didn't slap a "Remastered" title on it because they already knew people would buy it a second, third, fourth, fifth time again.

But, I guess being correct is just "trolling" so what do I know

- - - Updated - - -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remast...20videographic.

Again, you don't understand what a remaster is. They took a 720p/30fps game and made it 1080p/60fps(later 4k/60fps on the pro) and increased texture quality and used higher quality character models from the cgi scenes. It is the definition of a remaster.

You seem to be the only person lost here, a remaster is taking original product and improving the quality of it. What happened here? This isn't rocket science dude and it's an odd hill to try to die on.

Just to give you an idea of how silly you're being with the "its a port!" take, yes it is a port. Every remaster is a port. A remaster by definition is a port, and being a port doesn't make it not a remaster. In fact any port that improves the quality of a game is a remaster. TLOU was one of the first(might of been first not sure but definitely one of) games to even use "remastered" as previously it was only used for audio and video recordings, not for games. It was definitely the game to popularize the term and if not for it, you probably wouldn't even know the word exists or be using it to describe games because you definitely don't know the definition of it so you didn't learn it naturally.
    Of course it's going to go from 720p to 1080p, it was ported over to a more powerful console

Why do you think they got it done so fast? The game was launched right near the end of the PS3's cycle. They very clearly had been creating the game with the PS4 in mind. Kind of like what CDPR did with Cyberpunk, but actually successful.

TLOU came out the same year the PS4 came out. It's a port for a game that was already made to utilize the new tech of the PS4. What, you think ports are made super fast? No, they take a bit more time than the time it took to port TLOU to NextGen. Unless.. I'm correct, and the game itself was indeed developed with the PS4 in mind.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2021-04-13 at 04:23 PM.

I'm just now starting to realize how hard that TLOU TV series with Mando and Game of Thrones actor as Ellie is going to hit. I mean, if that gets like normal famous as the current fotm streaming show it is going to bring a lot of attention over to Sony and the PS5, especially if they have a companion collection remastered to launch beside it, and then an announce TLOU3 beside the collection.

The more I think on it, the more I think that TLOU remake was necessary strictly from a PR perspective. TLOU TV series is made by HBO and probably going to be ELITE television. The world will be watching Sony, the world that has never seen TLOU universe. Sony are planning on getting a big pop with that TV show and PS5 versions of both games I suspect. TLOU2 is going to play better as a TV show than a game, I suspect, and they will probably need to have TLOU3 out before season 3 of the TV show, just guessing.

I've always assumed a port is when a game is moved from one system to another with minimal changes(such as a simple upscale). A remaster is a port that is somehow enhanced for the new hardware, such as new/better textures, upgraded framerate/resolution, and/or performance upgrades. Occasionally bespoke content for remasters does occur, but if done within the original engine may still be a remaster. Most of the original game is the same here. Usually this will include all post launch content of the original game and is often considered the "definitive" version of a game. A remake is when a game is reimagined or rebuilt using modern tech.

Is that wrong? If so, what exactly is the difference between a port and a remaster?
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-04-13 at 04:35 PM.

Damn these Electronic old men and their flexibility.

I'm correct, and the game itself was indeed developed with the PS4 in mind.
    Wrong again. It's a PS3 game. If it was developed with the PS4 in mind it wouldn't have taken 13 months between releases and 8 months post PS4 launch. You still think you can make up your own definitions on the fly, lol.

Wrong again. It's a PS3 game. If it was developed with the PS4 in mind it wouldn't have taken 13 months between releases and 8 months post PS4 launch. You still think you can make up your own definitions on the fly, lol.
    Sorry man, it's a port lol. No matter how hard you try to justify spending another $60 on a game you already owned, it's still just a port.

Sorry man, it's a port
    Did you miss the part where I explained to you that every remaster is a port by definition? Yea it's a port, and still a remaster. To not be a port a game has to be a ground up remake, so your gotcha moment is really "its not a remaser its a port!". If you understood game development at all you would realize every remaster is a port lmao.

Ngl, if they remade all them Jak & Daxter games for the PS5, I'd buy the shit out of them... Except for the racing one.

Did you miss the part where I explained to you that every remaster is a port by definition? Yea it's a port, and still a remaster. To not be a port a game has to be a ground up remake, so your gotcha moment is really "its not a remaser its a port!". If you understood game development at all you would realize every remaster is a port lmao.
    Why needlessly give one word the same meaning as the other?

Remaster. The word itself implies something is being redone. "This piece is a masterpiece, and we are going to bring it back to today's standards of a masterpiece". Taking something that just released, upresing it, then reselling it for regular price to take advantage of consoomers, is not "remastering".

It is a port.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Ngl, if they remade all them Jak & Daxter games for the PS5, I'd buy the shit out of them... Except for the racing one.
    I'm with you on that. Fuck Jak X
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2021-04-13 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Big tiddy anime games like omega life were also censored...unless you want to say giant breasts make a loli/pedo

I suggest you dig a bit into it and see it is japanese devs regardless of style being held to a different standard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Fuck i'd love a true ratchet abd clank remaster collection..no removed worlds or weapons like the ps4 one

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Big tiddy anime games like omega life were also censored...unless you want to say giant breasts make a loli/pedo
    https://omegalabyrinth.fandom.com/wi...ife#Characters

Yea okay, sure thing dude. Clearly these all look like adults /s

While I don't agree with Colin on a lot of things he hit the nail on the head in this video.
    (There is more to it then the title, I do feel the title is a bit much)

Sidenote: Its so shitty that Sony sold them a Vita Dev kit a month ago just to announce the store is shutting down right after. You would think they would stop selling kits well in advance. His company was one of the ones that had a game in the works and got screwed over by it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Sidenote: Its so shitty that Sony sold them a Vita Dev kit a month ago just to announce the store is shutting down right after. You would think they would stop selling kits well in advance. His company was one of the ones that had a game in the works and got screwed over by it.
    I mean...any game developer working on a Vita title, even as a port, in the year 2020 is already making a massively stupid business decision. Haven't watched and if what you write is true that's shitty on Sony but like...dudes...the handheld has been fucking dead for ages, especially in the west. Easily alternatively explainable by Sony internally being a shitshow right now, which they kinda sorta are on many fronts.

Like, the last Vita game I launched was...4 years ago I think? And we and our client at the time were joking about how much of a waste it was because the platform was beyond fucking dead.