Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    All right, then you are totally fine with an attempt to force patriotism. Doesn't change anything about your bootlicking behaviour.
    Not seeing what you're seeing.
    But apparently I did strike some sort of nerve.

...bootlicking...? Wtf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    ...bootlicking...? Wtf
    Not joking... we have two threads now, where the discussion is about licking or tasting boots... :/
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Not joking... we have two threads now, where the discussion is about licking or tasting boots... :/
    A change of taste from asskissing?
    ...hmf...my inability to do either contributed to my termination from my last employer...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t care what they do in Texas as long as it only effects Texas. I’ve the same attitude of Red States I’m not anymore surprised what happens there than the Middle East I expect it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Party of small government sure does like acting like big government.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The article is misleading. Mark Cuban did not play the anthem when fans were not in attendance. When they were, and it was noticed, The NBA came out the next day and forced him to play it. The Stars came out the next day and said they would absolutely be playing it as well as O Canada. I think this is just grandstanding to score political points and call out people who oppose it. I also think if you were in Texas and decided to not play the anthem, you'd just be digging your own grave. Sports are serious business in Texas, just go to a high school football game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    lol. just lol. Mad repubs gonna be mad. Cuban is a genius.

I also fully intend on teaching any future kids of mine that the correct Pledge of Allegiance is "I pledge allegience to queen frag, and her mighty state of hysteria". The Texas GoP is worth nothing but scorn, mockery, and trolling them until they go fully unhinged.

If I was Cuban, Id play a message before the anthem explaining how it includes some very racist messages.

" No refuge could save the hireling & slave/

From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:/

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave/

O’er the land of the free & the home of the brave."
    I don’t think nation bashing by changing words to its anthem is a good idea. If the mods here were not hypocrites you would get a warning. I got a month ban for referring to cubby as chubby....even though he trolls me all the time with calling me Texaslies....but that’s the hypocrisy of this board. Only certain people get banned, others can say whatever they want....so keep trolling Texas, America, and it’s anthem, I am sure it’s okay with the other mods here. Pathetic hypocrisy....I am sure I will get banned for typing the word troll. You didn’t, but I will.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I don’t think nation bashing by changing words to its anthem is a good idea. If the mods here were not hypocrites you would get a warning. I got a month ban for referring to cubby as chubby....even though he trolls me all the time with calling me Texaslies....but that’s the hypocrisy of this board. Only certain people get banned, others can say whatever they want....so keep trolling Texas, America, and it’s anthem, I am sure it’s okay with the other mods here. Pathetic hypocrisy....I am sure I will get banned for typing the word troll. You didn’t, but I will.
    Kudos on playing the victim.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Kudos on playing the victim.
    It is the GOP way

10+ Year Old Account
    Must be rough being a victim all the time. Why are you still here if you are such a downtrodden victim of the mods? Seems kinda masochistic if you ask me...

Also changing words to an anthem isn't nation bashing in and of itself.

You know what is against the rules though? Discussing moderation. Oopsy for you.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Must be rough being a victim all the time. Why are you still here if you are such a downtrodden victim of the mods? Seems kinda masochistic if you ask me...

Also changing words to an anthem isn't nation bashing in and of itself.

You know what is against the rules though? Discussing moderation. Oopsy for you.
    It wasn't changing the words, they are just words of the song that people choose not to sing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The article is misleading. Mark Cuban did not play the anthem when fans were not in attendance. When they were, and it was noticed, The NBA came out the next day and forced him to play it. The Stars came out the next day and said they would absolutely be playing it as well as O Canada. I think this is just grandstanding to score political points and call out people who oppose it. I also think if you were in Texas and decided to not play the anthem, you'd just be digging your own grave. Sports are serious business in Texas, just go to a high school football game.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not nation bashing. Its the literal truth if you'd bother to look anything up in stead of go 0-100 over your own ignorance about history.

You also dont really get to say your way of Texaning is the true Texaning when my way of Texaning is just as valid.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2021-04-10 at 03:33 PM.

Imagine the power grid of your state (which is also where I LIVE) fails during a 3 day winter storm and your priority in the state legislator is insuring Mark Cuban plays a song before sporting events by passing a law that requires EVERYONE do it.. when everyone was doing it.. besides Mark Cuban a few times.. and he started doing it after being asked by the NBA to do it again.. and he wasn't doing it because no one was even in the stands in the game during lockdowns.

When you need to see an example of dumb, wasting time, and uselessness just look to the Texas GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    How can you force something like this?
    They can't really... This was added after the contracts were signed so nothing that can be legally enforced as there's no contractual obligation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also think if you were in Texas and decided to not play the anthem, you'd just be digging your own grave.
    You guys do know you don’t get to keep the US anthem, when you secede?

I don’t think nation bashing by changing words to its anthem is a good idea.
    Do you see a problem with punishing someone, for you not knowing an anthem? Not performing which, would get you killed in Texas?

This is also an incredibly strange take for a Texan of your disposition...

Your government officials, musing about leaving America, isn’t nation bashing?

Their love for America so strong, ya’ll will secede, but if America comes back to you, it was meant to be?

When Texas secedes, will you jail Americans playing the American anthem, or just send them back to the land of the free?

Just in general... How do you rationalize being a patriot and the secession rhetoric from Texas? I grew up in NYC, which has some of the highest taxes, with least return from the feds, in the country. Do you know how often I heard any NYer talk about secession? Never... Similar to here in WA... If you compare tax revenue from Seattle side, to Spokane sides, it’s not even remotely close. Guess which one wants to secede from the state every election?

How do you rationalize the patriotism that you defined in extreme violence when not performing the American anthem and wanting to secede to no longer be Americans?

Sounds like a scam...

Edit: Just to make it clear... Seceding from America, would mean you are no longer an American. Just like confederates were no longer Americans, neither will you be. That means new anthem, new flag, new constitution... you don’t get to keep the iconography of a nation you left... there won’t be 2 America with the same flag or the same anthem...

Also, you know how ya’ll brow beat about Democrats being on the confederate side... When you are no longer America... Do ya’ll plan to bring back statues of Democrats? Will you start naming gun shows after Democrats from civil war era? Do you see any irony in Democrats supporting and tearing down statues of fellow Democrats? Why conservatives try to drive democrat campaign bus off the road in 2020, but see statues of Democrats that supported slaves, not be torn down?

I don’t know... all this sounds like a grift...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-04-11 at 02:05 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Imagine the power grid of your state (which is also where I LIVE) fails during a 3 day winter storm and your priority in the state legislator is insuring Mark Cuban plays a song before sporting events by passing a law that requires EVERYONE do it.. when everyone was doing it.. besides Mark Cuban a few times.. and he started doing it after being asked by the NBA to do it again.. and he wasn't doing it because no one was even in the stands in the game during lockdowns.

When you need to see an example of dumb, wasting time, and uselessness just look to the Texas GOP.
    forget the storm they almost lost power again in the past week.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/te...rises/2604630/

But hey its texas who needs AC!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!