Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Never thought to see the moment where Soul gets infracted. :P
    Storytime.
    The day before that post @FelPlague was on my stream going OFF about this very topic while I was doing my bubbleblood solo (the backpack didn't drop). The whole time I was railing on him for the same reasons others are on this thread. So when I saw this post well...lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Storytime.
    The day before that post @FelPlague was on my stream going OFF about this very topic while I was doing my bubbleblood solo (the backpack didn't drop). The whole time I was railing on him for the same reasons others are on this thread. So when I saw this post well...lol.
    Yeah pretty much. i felt inspired to post about it after ANOTHER day of clearing the three and getting not a single thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    uhm i gave up farming some key mounts years ago, let alone the ZG Tiger that was removed from the game b4 it ever dropped for me. should rare items have bad luck protection yes... but they don't so either farm if you want it or don't, its all you can do. Best part is when that person gets it on their first kill...
    Worth noting that I only farmed the ZG tiger once on the last day it was possible to get it and got it. rng for you. Also got Anzu on first try as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Worth noting that I only farmed the ZG tiger once on the last day it was possible to get it and got it. rng for you. Also got Anzu on first try as well.
    grats and I hate you at the same time... I got Aznsu in under 5 tries while by buddy did it daily for a year+ RNG is a fickle monster
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

some rares only drop their rare items for that specific zones Covenant. I didn't catch what Covenant you were, but I wanted to make that point known that not all rewards are available to everyone, only those specific Covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i got it on like my second kill on alpha, so i know it drops, i know that kinda shit happens, but the fact badluck protection does not exist on this shit, and is not like "kill the mob 10 times, get it for sure" is fucking garbage.
    You act like this is something new and it's not. It's how rare drops have worked since the game has started. Not sure why you're complaining about it now.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    some rares only drop their rare items for that specific zones Covenant. I didn't catch what Covenant you were, but I wanted to make that point known that not all rewards are available to everyone, only those specific Covenants.
    Bubbleblood isn't one of them. Source: Am Venthyr, got pack.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You act like this is something new and it's not. It's how rare drops have worked since the game has started. Not sure why you're complaining about it now.
    I think there are a lot of frustrated / u happy players, looking for anything and everything to lash out at. It can often be hard as players to identify WHY we are not having as much fun as previously, but they know they are unhappy.

Dunno if it's burnout from those in lockdown playing more than usual, the changes this expansion has brought, or just a combination of little things.

I'm also sure there are plenty of players flat out loving everything SL has introduced, and we are far less likely to see those people comment here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I think there are a lot of frustrated / u happy players, looking for anything and everything to lash out at. It can often be hard as players to identify WHY we are not having as much fun as previously, but they know they are unhappy.

Dunno if it's burnout from those in lockdown playing more than usual, the changes this expansion has brought, or just a combination of little things.

I'm also sure there are plenty of players flat out loving everything SL has introduced, and we are far less likely to see those people comment here.
    Could even be something entirely unrelated to the game. The last year certainly had a good helping of unhappy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No this is how dare drops have worked since MOP. Before that most mobs were gwrunteed to drop their item but we're actually rare. But since mop we have just had "always up, kill me for a chance" rares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Man, Felplague...

You were quite explicit to say the least. I am not as focused or as goal oriented as you are but I could feel your frustration. I empathize.

15+ Year Old Account
    No this is how dare drops have worked since MOP. Before that most mobs were gwrunteed to drop their item but we're actually rare. But since mop we have just had "always up, kill me for a chance" rares.
    That isn't entirely true since it changed in WotLK to have a 100% drop of a specific item (and satchel). Some WotLK rares like Dirkee still didn't have a 100% chance though. I edited this as previously I stated cataclysm but took the time to look up the WotLK rares. For example rares in TBC often had a loot table that had less then 100% drop chance for gear or "items of worth" https://www.wowhead.com/npc=18690/morcrush You are just selectively rewriting the past to fit the argument you want to make. Rare were not always 100% drop with .01% spawn.

Blizzard tended to only do that with the mounts though I can't recall any rare spawn mounts prior to Time-lost off the top of my head.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-04-11 at 04:24 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

OP is right, Shadowlands is very punishing for collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    I’ve been farming Rivendare’s horse on and off for sixteen years, rare drops are a central part of the game.
    The thing I got from it wasn't so much rare items but rather "rare spawns" that aren't actually rare so why are they called rare when it's really the item they have that's rare.

- - - Updated - - -

It gives this false idea of you actually accomplishing something still when you kill it basically. It is utterly ridiculous. Meanwhile things that were actually rare spawns are now actually nearly impossible to get due to how the game works with old content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    It was mentioned in the OP or somewhere on the first page by the OP. I think it was in terms of Tahonta or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    The bigger problem is that there are apparently a non trivial number of players who actually want to grind world quests and rares, which seems absolutely insane to me. If people didn't jump through these hoops maybe Blizzard could give us more interesting content.
    Wait wait wait, you forgot that the people who do want to grind those things ALSO want raid level gear from it. I'm not even kidding. They're literally on the gear threads acting like "there's no gear progression for casuals and I don't want to raid, do dungeons, or pvp so where's my gear!?!?!"

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    The thing I got from it wasn't so much rare items but rather "rare spawns" that aren't actually rare so why are they called rare when it's really the item they have that's rare.

- - - Updated - - -

It gives this false idea of you actually accomplishing something still when you kill it basically. It is utterly ridiculous.
    Yeah, that’s fair. I think the game would be better if we went back to a 100% drop chance but rares really were vanishingly rare. Farming the things for six months doesn’t sound bad to me. You should be camping for months. Maybe a randomised spawn timer of 8-168 hours, and it could spawn any of seven potential rares?

That is 100% not true.

And this is why i dont collect

You know an expansion is bad when even the collectable farmers are pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    Yeah, that’s fair. I think the game would be better if we went back to a 100% drop chance but rares really were vanishingly rare. Farming the things for six months doesn’t sound bad to me. You should be camping for months. Maybe a randomised spawn timer of 8-168 hours, and it could spawn any of seven potential rares?
    Depends on the point of view. For someone who does play a lot the rare spawn means more whereas someone who doesn't play a lot doesn't really get impacted either way as the rare spawn is still the same to there while farming every day seems better to them.

i got it on like my second kill on alpha, so i know it drops, i know that kinda shit happens, but the fact badluck protection does not exist on this shit, and is not like "kill the mob 10 times, get it for sure" is fucking garbage.
    Mamaaaaa, I want my toy right awayyyyyy