Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    Not if you have alts with which you funnel all farmed fragments.
    Not that it matters because we're already passed that event horizon with wow time token and prolifiration of boosts everywhere.
    The token doesn't make the game pay to win anymore then the subscription fee does. A token only gives gold. You can buy the same win with out every having bought a token. The token just makes it accessible. You buy opportunity and not power. If no one is selling you that opportunity you get no power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    OP sounds like he needs a purpose in life that doesn't come from WoW.
    This is amusing based on your signature. Pot meet Kettle.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    This is amusing based on your signature. Pot meet Kettle.
    Half your posts are generic cliche statements; the other half are upset ramblings with a thesaurus. Not sure how that's "pot meets kettle"; I don't play the game, I click on MMO-C in between emails once or twice a week when I'm bored to see what's going on. But sure, I'm the kettle. Lol.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Half your posts are generic cliche statements; the other half are upset ramblings with a thesaurus. Not sure how that's "pot meets kettle"; I don't play the game, I click on MMO-C in between emails once or twice a week when I'm bored to see what's going on. But sure, I'm the kettle. Lol.
    Did you honestly not get that I you were one half of that phrase? For someone that only comes once or twice a week when bored you are awfully informed about posting habits of people. I think you are lying to yourself as much as you are to others. But if you insult people out of boredom on a fansite where you have don't even play the game you are different the Pot in that phrase. You need a purpose in life that doesn't come from insult others on a fan site you don't even play.

It is amusing though how the second part of your signature also fits with your response and lurking habits.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Did you honestly not get that I you were one half of that phrase? For someone that only comes once or twice a week when bored you are awfully informed about posting habits of people. I think you are lying to yourself as much as you are to others. But if you insult people out of boredom on a fansite where you have don't even play the game you are different the Pot in that phrase. You need a purpose in life that doesn't come from insult others on a fan site you don't even play.

It is amusing though how the second part of your signature also fits with your response and lurking habits.
    Rhorle, you're not worth the half minute it takes to respond to you; you never were and never will be. I'm sorry you're still a staple on MMO-C 13 years later.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rhorle, you're not worth the half minute it takes to respond to you; you never were and never will be. I'm sorry you're still a staple on MMO-C 13 years later.
    And yet you've spent more then half a minute twice today and in the past. Once or twice also makes you a staple for someone that doesn't play the games anymore. Do you never find it weird how your insults apply to you as equally as you think they do to the person you direct them at?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The problem with the old design was that most people never even got to make the attempt. That kind of rare spawn is ok for single player games, but it causes issues in MMOs.
    So you prefer to be tricked into basically the same system if not worse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    One attempt a day versus one attempt over months is not worse. I killed Narissa Heartless for the first time yesterday because I never bothered to wait for its spawn. It wasn't for the mount but for the Venthyr ember court boost (Killing all rares in each zones unlocks a trophy to boost an attribute). I got the mount. There are some rares I've never seen spawn or have only seen corpses. Or lost interest in sitting around doing nothing just to wait for the rare when I could be doing other things.

I have actually been pretty lucky on a lot of rare drops looking back. Since some of them I've only killed less then a dozen times but have their mounts or cosmetics.

The token doesn't make the game pay to win anymore then the subscription fee does. A token only gives gold. You can buy the same win with out every having bought a token. The token just makes it accessible. You buy opportunity and not power. If no one is selling you that opportunity you get no power.
    Your point is moot because boosting opportunities are constantly available and accessible to everyone who has the gold.
    Any decent boosting operation has discord server with prices, mythic+ boosters on sweet dial and HC/Mythic raids are scheduled on daily basis.

Prices go so low as 90k for HC Denathrius which is £4 if you buy gold from G2A instead from blizz.

You tell me with a straight face that a new player with no gear and skill who skips school lunch once a week doesn't have a permanent gearing progression advantage over same new player who choses not to.

You can buy the same win with out every having bought a token.
    Not unless you ignore the reality of the situation.
    If you earn even as little as £10/h you're still better off grinding 2 hours overtime at work than you grinding 2 hours in WoW.
    Unless of course you can prove to me that everyone can guarantee 500k gold after 2 hours of grinding.
    Last edited by Dzonathan; 2021-04-13 at 10:41 AM.

Prices go so low as 90k for HC Denathrius which is £4 if you buy gold from G2A instead from blizz.
    Which may very well end up with your account banned. The opportunity cost isn't just £4.

You tell me with a straight face that a new player with no gear and skill who skips school lunch once a week doesn't have a permanent gearing progression advantage over same new player who choses not to.
    No, because the other player needs to work on their skill, which is a much bigger long term advantage. The gearing advantage is moot by the next patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I don't see how a chance a day whenever is practical to you is worse than an uncertain possibility of a chance with unknown odds at predetermined times that may not fit into your schedule at all, and requiring a far greater time investment. The drop may not even be guaranteed if you manage to beat everybody else to the tag.

You tricked yourself into thinking the old system was even remotely better.

It's not just rares, the drop rates for shadowlands is abnormally low compared to other expacs. Everyone i know/play with is complaining about this.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which may very well end up with your account banned. The opportunity cost isn't just £4.
    /doubt
    Pretty sure we had a WF raider during Jaina admitting he bought gold from G2A rather than blizz simply because the conversion rate was better.

No, because the other player needs to work on their skill, which is a much bigger long term advantage. The gearing advantage is moot by the next patch.
    Is skill really worth it? Seeing how people sell it so cheap.

Why not just eliminate all low drop rate items then? There is no reason to keep them artificially low if it just takes X weeks to make it guaranteed. So no they are not appropriate in every circumstance. Ashes of A'lar, Mimron's head etc wouldn't have been so coveted or interesting if everyone just got it after 30 kills. There is nothing wrong with rare items.
    I have tons of rare mounts including the one off Oondasta and I'd be fine with adding bad-luck protection everywhere. 30 kills should be considered a LOT.

15+ Year Old Account
    Prices go so low as 90k for HC Denathrius which is £4 if you buy gold from G2A instead from blizz.You tell me with a straight face that a new player with no gear and skill who skips school lunch once a week doesn't have a permanent gearing progression advantage over same new player who choses not to.
    Third party gold existed long before the token. So the token didn't make the game pay to win if you are going to bring up third party gold. My point is not moot you've just chosen to dismiss it because you don't like it. If you value strict time you are always better off buying a token then grinding the gold out. Because for most people it is quicker to earn gold through a token. That still doesn't make the game pay to win.

You also can't get 500k gold through the token. Which again points back to third party gold sellers which have existed since Vanilla. Which means the game has always been pay to win. Which makes any discussion of the token making the game pay to win moot. The actual way to use the word moot.

OP sounds like he needs a purpose in life that doesn't come from WoW. An individual whose sense of achievement for at least the last decade has come primarily from achieving esoteric WoW conquests is now being denied those tiny fulfillment boosts by bad rolls of the dice, and now his worldview is crashing down on him because the illusion that anything in WoW is actually an achievement is disappearing. Once that disappears, so too does his last decade of effort.

This was very sad to read.
    Wow very nice job armchair psychiatrist.

that or just ya know... i play a video game, and there is something specific i want on that video game, and its annoying as fuck that after 6 months of attempting i still dont have it?

Practice on a mirror next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Bad luck protection helps whenever you're at mercy of the almighty RNG. It's appropriate in every circumstance.
    No it's not. As I said, bad luck protection should only apply to gear because it increases character power. It's not needed for cosmetic items.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I have tons of rare mounts including the one off Oondasta and I'd be fine with adding bad-luck protection everywhere. 30 kills should be considered a LOT.
    everything should have badluck protection simple as that.
    its better for the playerbase, its better for player health, its better for gameplay, and its better for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    everything should have badluck protection simple as that.
    its better for the playerbase, its better for player health, its better for gameplay, and its better for the game.
    It's not better for the game. Cosmetic items SHOULD be rare. They stop being unique when everyone and their mother has it.

That still doesn't make the game pay to win.

Which means the game has always been pay to win.
    Make up your mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Make up your mind.
    The first part is the reality. The token, or third party gold sales, doesn't make the game pay to win. The second part is humoring your viewpoint which means the game has been pay to win since Vanilla so any objection now is moot. You are the one that brought up third party sales but now do not want to accept what that means to your argument. Weird huh?

Dear jesus and I was actually looking forward to start the necrolord accessory farm!
    I unsubbed months ago due to the ridiculous anima farm, but I thought drops were buggy to begin with.
    For example I got one of the inks for the necrolord toy on my Nigh fae (the mucus thing), and the achieve is not account wide. When I noticed the drop, I went to farm it on my necrolord, 500 mobs later I still didn't get it.
    I got the pack from bubbleblood on my night fae as well and I think an abom. accessory needs it (It's been months, haven't checked since). So I went back to REFARM it on my necrolord, and never dropped... I even wrote a ticket about it, asking if I have to refarm it or what's up with that but my ticket was instaclosed....
    So yeah, I agree with you, it's very annoying and the worst is that you can never be sure if it's working as it was intended or if it's bugged or whatever.

Oh looking at this thread it's pretty obvious: not many people here collect things in this game. But then again, some days ago someone brought up a very interesting data about forum activity...
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-04-13 at 04:23 PM.