Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Yeah, respecting preferred pronouns of students is really going to upset the apple cart...
    Yet Trumpers and GOP claim they were Pro LGBT for 4 years.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I mean I remember a week where a few dozen of us pretended to be orthodox jews to wear a hat to annoy faculty. I see this as just another route to give grief. If your commited get a legal name change.
    By that logic it can still be a route to give grief if people want to go out of their way to pretend to be transgender just to annoy the faculty.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    By that logic it can still be a route to give grief if people want to go out of their way to pretend to be transgender just to annoy the faculty.
    I mean, imagine thinking that there wouldn't be -- and, in many cases, already are -- internal policies in place to deal with socially transitioning children. Ours was a dozen pages long and even noted as not being comprehensive. It's what happens when you get all of your information on a minority from Google and ideological websites.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    I mean, imagine thinking that there wouldn't be -- and, in many cases, already are -- internal policies in place to deal with socially transitioning children. Ours was a dozen pages long and even noted as not being comprehensive. It's what happens when you get all of your information on a minority from Google and ideological websites.
    I mean, on a very rudimentary level it doesn't even have to be that complicated. Treat all the children in the school with respect and dignity.

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I mean, on a very rudimentary level it doesn't even have to be that complicated. Treat all the children in the school with respect and dignity.
    Oh, I agree, but even some trans people like process. It should be more of an option than it is presented, though, and this is largely done to protect the school from lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I mean I remember a week where a few dozen of us pretended to be orthodox jews to wear a hat to annoy faculty. I see this as just another route to give grief. If your commited get a legal name change.
    Back in high school after a minor injury I convinced the school nurse to bandage my hand with my middle finger sticking out as if I were giving the finger to everyone, the Mickey Mouse themed bandages just added to the hilarity.

Spent 2 days walking around like that.

Guess what, except one special snowflake teacher, all the rest of the faculty thought it was funny as shit and just laughed it off. And I was in a catholic school. I was actually really proud of myself for coming up with something everyone seemed to find funny.

That's just kids having fun. If the faculty doesn't get the joke when the joke isn't mean spirited they are shitty adults/educators passing on shitty values.

But a kid experimenting with their identity is not a fucking invitation for bullying, but when educators refuse to acknowledge the process (whatever the outcome might be) is perpetuating the culture of abuse that gay/transgender people are subjected to. It's basically them telling kids, bullying is OK. That's a shitty educator, and the legislator enabling this, is a shitty human.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Oh, I agree, but even some trans people like process. It should be more of an option than it is presented, though, and this is largely done to protect the school from lawsuits.
    Sure, i get that. I'm just talking about the basics here. Start with respect and decency...work up from there

5+ Year Old Account
    This is closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."