Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Most people that played alpha: OMG! It's great, how smooth gameplay and good looking visuals! And that switch on the fly so you can compare orginal with new version!

MMOChamp: OMG dat Amazon face! RUINED!

Like WTF?
    It's not MMOC. It's been a complaint from when they showed the new models. Still doesn't make any sense.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Most people that played alpha: OMG! It's great, how smooth gameplay and good looking visuals! And that switch on the fly so you can compare orginal with new version!
    Yeah but most of the people i have watched, they are streamers, they want to hype d2 ress as much as blizz because there is a profit behind that hype, same way they uber hyped wow classic, but honestly are the graphics of the remaster or the switch on the fly so amazing really? i do not think so, they are ok but nothing to write home about

The Amazon in D2R looks like she aged in real time over the last 20 years, not the greatest look.

Amazon in D2 original

Amazon in D2 remaster

Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-04-12 at 10:24 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It's not MMOC. It's been a complaint from when they showed the new models. Still doesn't make any sense.
    I see it as a good thing; Apparently the tech demo is so good that people can only complain about such inane things.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I see it as a good thing; Apparently the tech demo is so good that people can only complain about such inane things.
    Having tried it first hand, yes, it's really well done and exactly what I expected from a D2 remaster. My doubts are not really about the quality of the remaster or D2, but the fact that while I had lots of fun with it, I don't know how much of it is nostalgia, actual enjoyment of D2 or simply something "new" to do.

I really "manually" put myself in a detached state to appreciate the game as it was and not as I remember. For sure, if I decide to buy and play it consistently, it will be fun approaching it not as a young boy discovering new things for the first time, but as the veteran who is willing to really dig down into mechanics and with clear objectives in mind.

Gameplay even if basically really dated, it's still fun as hell. Everything just feels impactful and visceral and the atmosphere is just there as it was.

Having tried it first hand, yes, it's really well done and exactly what I expected from a D2 remaster. My doubts are not really about the quality of the remaster or D2, but the fact that while I had lots of fun with it, I don't know how much of it is nostalgia, actual enjoyment of D2 or simply something "new" to do.

I really "manually" put myself in a detached state to appreciate the game as it was and not as I remember. For sure, if I decide to buy and play it consistently, it will be fun approaching it not as a young boy discovering new things for the first time, but as the veteran who is willing to really dig down into mechanics and with clear objectives in mind.

Gameplay even if basically really dated, it's still fun as hell. Everything just feels impactful and visceral and the atmosphere is just there as it was.
    Will this remaster allow you to play original D2 without LoD expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    Will this remaster allow you to play original D2 without LoD expansion?
    No, or better, you should be able to create non-expansion characters with the 5 original classes, but D2+LoD is a single package in the remaster. I actually didn't even check for it tbh.

Indeed. As I'm not a guy perhaps my viewpoint is skewed, but if I am playing an Amazon, I'd expect her to be muscular and wear clothing that's fit for fight, not for her appearance to give me a boner.

Not sure why anyone would wanna be "that guy" who's angry that an animated female character wasn't sexualized to hell and back for his sake... Hopefully as the game draws nearer release, the discussions arising will be less pathetic.

I'm hopeful as hell seeing old-timers not bogged down with the appearance shit, be positive towards the remaster.

I really do not see the point in them aging the amazon this much, all the art in d2 she looks way younger. Making her fit is ok. With so much attention to details it strikes me odd to be honest. And to go towards something "prudish" as mentioned before makes even less sense since they kept Andariel's chain linked nipple clips in all their glorious HD remaster resolution, but god forbid the zon looks like she has the quilted armor model on.

Quote Originally Posted by dryla1 View Post
    Yeah but most of the people i have watched, they are streamers, they want to hype d2 ress as much as blizz because there is a profit behind that hype, same way they uber hyped wow classic, but honestly are the graphics of the remaster or the switch on the fly so amazing really? i do not think so, they are ok but nothing to write home about
    Yeah ofc, because all those people with like 5 viewers at peak are gonna make thousands $$

Yeah ofc, because all those people with like 5 viewers at peak are gonna make thousands $$
    Nope but the ones with more than 40k views in their youtube videos will.
    I do not think rhykker or quin69 are 5 viewers at peak people, just for mentioning some of the ones i watched.

Quote Originally Posted by dryla1 View Post
    Nope but the ones with more than 40k views in their youtube videos will.
    I do not think rhykker or quin69 are 5 viewers at peak people, just for mentioning some of the ones i watched.
    And Im talkling about alot more streamers without viewers than the few with 100+ that are still saying its great remake. They also tell it for the money?

And Im talkling about alot more streamers without viewers than the few with 100+ that are still saying its great remake. They also tell it for the money?
    Maybe so, maybe not, in any case if enough hype is generated i guess all the streamers even if they have low number of viewers could get something out of it.
    Anyway not the most important thing for me, what matters me most is that i do not get why it is so amazing, those graphics are not something not seen before you know, yep it looks nice but again, i see nothing amazing there.
    Also streamers do not have to be inmune to hype themselves.

nooooooooooo they butchered my sleek and slender amazon with tits! that was my favorite character. Seriously! After what they did to the sorceress' under boobs! they defile such niceties! I am disappointed.

ohh welp time to suck it up and play it as it I guess. I have no complaints seriously, I will enjoy the game. It is just as a man myself, I just love looking at skinny women beating the crap out of stuff.

I downloaded the cracked alpha which unlocks all the classes, I will say it is pretty good but I will just dl a cracked version on release, nothing really new, just a nostalgia trip they want an unrealistically obscene amount of money for.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal