Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sole-warrior View Post
    america is becoming more and more polarized. This process is expected to accelerate. The left is becoming more and more extreme. Conservatives move somewhat towards the right when compared to conservatives in the 1990s. Libertarians lack a state, this needs to be addressed, i would like someone to represent my values. But in general, it makes no sense whatsoever to have hard left and hard right wingers in the same state. Break states apart, give 'em more freedom, and let there be conservative states, and if leftists want a super progressive state, let them deal with that.

Somethings i want to see:

I think we should really consider redrawing of borders. I propose we draw state lines based on how liberal or conservative a community is. I also propose giving states substantially more rights in terms of how they govern. Maybe there could be as many as 100-150 states by the time this process is over. Some might merge in with other states like the rural areas of oregon merging with idaho. Other areas like southern texas are better off becoming their own state which would be blue. Florida could easily be split into 5 states.

let states decide abortion laws. Because states would be much smaller, you can simply drive to another state to get an abortion if you live in a state that criminalized it. I'm strongly in favor of keeping abortion legal, but states should be allowed to make their laws.

Overturn kennedy v. Louisiana. Whether aggravated rape of a child is punishable by the death penalty or not should be up to the states to decide. Even as someone who strongly opposes the death penalty mostly because 1-4% of the time the person is innocent, i recognize that if it's not taking place in my state, it's absolutely none of my business.

Loosen the 8th amendment a bit, allow for death penalties that are painful on the condition they are reserved for the absolute worst of the worst (kennedy in example above), and as long as the executions are not too extreme. Slow suffocation that takes 8 minutes to kill would be acceptable, burning someone alive would not be. Allow states to distribute/livestream recordings of such executions for public viewing.

Amend extradition treaties between states. Because we will be giving states far more leeway in terms of how they punish criminals, states should be able to refuse extradition and try the convict in their own state if they believe the offender will face cruel and unusual punishment.

Relook at the hundreds of thousands of random regulations that stifle businesses on the federal level, start removing pointless regulations that don't make us safe.

A new law in which the federal government agrees not to seek the death penalty in a state where the death penalty is illegal. They can (and should) still be allowed to seek such penalty if the offense took place in a death penalty state.

Let states change the agreement between federal and state level so that state law trumps federal law if they choose to. Let voters decide and if a supermajority of 60% of voters consent, the agreement will be changed. After this change, if a state has not banned a certain weapon, but the feds have, it is legal in that state. If both state and federal has banned the weapon, than it would be banned. For liberal states, this would mean if you legalized marijuana, you are no longer in conflict with federal law as state law now trumps federal law, as long as you had the supermajority vote to change the agreement from fed > state to state > fed.

Federal government will still be in charge of maintaining the border, national security, and collecting the funds for it.
    lol..../10
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ranked Choice voting and multiple political parties beyond two seems like a good move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.