Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Glad you got a refund but yeah be very careful with anything essentially new or high demand on places like Ebay or even any other online shop with mail out that isnt an actual shop thats been trading for awhile (Facebook marketplace, gumtree, craigs list etc if not buying with pick up).
    Many times the scammers are not in your country and can be in countries where their actions carry little or no repercussions.
    They use catching titles which doesnt even need to reflect the item at all or tags to bring it into a search it doesnt belong in. I see it constantly in Aquarium and other items on ebay, ill search for a specific item and the add will pop up with the right description in the title and a good price, but in the add the item at that price is not the one in the title, and the title product could be 10x the cost it appeared to be. Those are also legitimate stores doing it with thousands of feedback and ratings etc too. Most times the items are sitting in China awaiting shipment so the quoted shipping time is also weeks or months wrong. They have tricks to avoid too much negative feedback aswell.

It isn’t too hard to get money back from eBay. I have on a few things that never arrived but they were cheaper than what you got. Good luck though.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Because I have never used the site before and didn't see it until I purchased. I thought the seller had 5 stars and 1200 reviews but it was the ps5 as an item and not the seller. And because I was tired. I'm also a very gullible person irl. I believe stuff when people tell me things without second guessing much. I'm not dumb. I'm naive and too trusting.
    Hey it says gullible on the ceiling. Lol but I understand your line of reasoning, Ebay should certainly protect people from scammers so it's not unreasonable to feel confident in making a risky purchase.

5+ Year Old Account
    If you paid by PayPal or credit card it’s super easy to get money back. You can also return item as well during 30 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    If you paid by PayPal or credit card it’s super easy to get money back. You can also return item as well during 30 days.
    OP got their money refunded by ebay but they should update the OP post to reflect that probably.

From the refund notice, it sounds like he's some Indian dude.
    Its probably one of those scam call centers based on India. Thats why they gave you a number to call. Heres an interesting channel to watch about those guys. You can even catch one of those scammers here on mmo champion computer forums.

https://www.youtube.com/c/JimBrowning/videos

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Its probably one of those scam call centers based on India. Thats why they gave you a number to call. Heres an interesting channel to watch about those guys. You can even catch one of those scammers here on mmo champion computer forums.

https://www.youtube.com/c/JimBrowning/videos
    Yeah, Thats what I figured.

The seller has 0 reviews, but I thought the 1200 5 star reviews was the sellers until after I bought. Turns out it was the reviews for the Ps5 itself. The description lists it as a Ps5 blueray edition. Assuming I either don't get the item, or the item is wrong, I can get my money back from Ebay correct? This is the first time I have bought something on Ebay.

It also seemed a little sketchy because I got it for 500 dollars which is the retail price. Idk why they would sell something for that unless they got it as a gift for someone and decided not to give the gift maybe? Either way, I did purchase it. I'M just a little apprehensive about it. I was very afraid of losing my money because I worked for a long time to get a personal loan. I know many advantages and reason for personal loan, although most people are sceptical about this process. But it gives me the opportunity to buy whatever I want.

Edit: I got my money back. I contacted the seller and told them I wouldn't be texting them and that I was keeping any communication through eBay. They refunded me. eBay also emailed me and said something about how the seller has been removed after an investigation, so I suppose they were scammers. The dude on the refund receipt had a different name and sounded Indian.

Indeed, this guy was most likely just a scammer. It is worth being careful when buying things via the Internet and not transferring money immediately
    Last edited by Unikali; 2022-01-31 at 04:56 PM.