Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I am getting alarm bells from this message

Sony Gaming Console - White. Condition is "New". Shipped with USPS Priority Mail.Please contact 3187546195 for all information on this product also feel free to contact me before purchase do not purchase unless you contacted me thanks!
    That doesn't seem right for a sales site like eBay to expect - yet hide it at the bottom of the page as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The worry bit for me is that it doesnt say its in hand. Often what bots will do is take your money, bot to get it in hand, burn the account, OR return your money, and then use the PS5 they got to flip it for like 800-900 bucks. So you more or less are a leaning service for them to flip for higher profit on a main account.

Maybe it's the one that only makes fried chicken and doesn't play games.

Or maybe this was one of the delivery drivers that was stealing them, so $500 to them is a profit. Either way, something like this, with a "meh" library right now, I would have just waited for them to be fully stocked everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of due diligence on OP's part is frightening.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest here, I'm not sure why you'd go to eBay for a PS5 for close to retail price, when you could have tried to get it from a retailer that actually sells them, like GAME for example or what ever your countries equivalent is to a GAME store.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    The lack of due diligence on OP's part is frightening.
    That's what happens to people when they see a highly desired yet hardly available item. Thinking and caution turns off.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    With CC you are backed whatever.
    Also if the seller cant supply good info it will not go trough.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Wow, if this is real, i've never seen anyone except maybe my grandma being so gullible and naive on the internet....
    You 10000% got scammed bro and since it's ebay, you will probably not get your money back and glhf cancelling that order if seller already marked it as shipped, then only the seller can.
    I once opened a ticket for an item not arriving. I had actually bought two of the same item about 3-4 months apart from this guy. When I escalated the dispute he submitted the shipping on the previous item and won the case. Luckily 3 days later I got my item anyway but what in the flippin fuck did the ebay guys think they were doing? Literal fraud, more serious than not sending an item and I had no recourse because they considered the matter closed.

I do not hold their dispute process in high regard, good luck OP.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Why would you not read and follow up on all of the provided information before spending $500?
    Because I have never used the site before and didn't see it until I purchased. I thought the seller had 5 stars and 1200 reviews but it was the ps5 as an item and not the seller. And because I was tired. I'm also a very gullible person irl. I believe stuff when people tell me things without second guessing much. I'm not dumb. I'm naive and too trusting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Honestly, I am getting alarm bells from this message

That doesn't seem right for a sales site like eBay to expect - yet hide it at the bottom of the page as well.
    That's why I didn't see it. I was wrongly treating the site like Amazon. I learned my lesson.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I'll be honest here, I'm not sure why you'd go to eBay for a PS5 for close to retail price, when you could have tried to get it from a retailer that actually sells them, like GAME for example or what ever your countries equivalent is to a GAME store.
    One of those restocking alert sites linked me to the page with PS5 listings. In my mind it was someone being nice cause they had 2 or something. I tend to think the best of people. It's a flaw I have in these times.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I'm also a very gullible person irl. I believe stuff when people tell me things without second guessing much. I'm not dumb. I'm naive and too trusting.
    I'm sorry, but that's literally exactly how I would define "dumb."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    That's what happens to people when they see a highly desired yet hardly available item. Thinking and caution turns off.
    Well I was afraid the "good deal" would get bought out and since I thought the seller had 5 stars and 1200 reviews I pulled the trigger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    I'm sorry, but that's literally exactly how I would define "dumb."
    Sure I'm street dumb, but I'm not "book" dumb. Also I was born blonde so maybe that's why haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I was very tempted to sell my PS5 on eBay as soon as I got it. I'm not really with the scalping and actually wanted a PS5 though, which I was able to get fairly. Would have been a 0 review seller pricing my box at no more than $600. Makes me how someone who lucked up and got a console then trying to sell it can avoid looking suspicious.
    The answer is you can't.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

The seller has 0 reviews. The description lists it as a Ps5 blueray edition. Assuming I either don't get the item, or the item is wrong, I can get my money back from Ebay correct? This is the first time I have bought something on Ebay.

It also seemed a little sketchy because I got it for 500 dollars which is the retail price. Idk why they would sell something for that unless they got it as a gift for someone and decided not to give the gift maybe? Either way, I did purchase it. I'M just a little apprehensive about it.
    It’s $542 after taxes for a PS5 and eBay/PayPal take a total of 14% of the sale. So he’d have to sell for $600ish just to break even, let alone $500, where they’d lose $100, unless they somehow “acquired it”.

Not to mention theyd have to be a saint to sell it for that price when it’s very easy to sell them at 700-800.

In other words. You got scammed. Cancel it.

Everything about that posting was a huge red flag. Fresh account, weird telephone contact requirement, price at a loss, no reviews\sales, bla bla bla.

You should have known better, but i wish you can resolve the situation and not be at a loss.

Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing you weren't dumb enough to call the seller and pay him directly. Then you'd really be fucked.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Because I have never used the site before and didn't see it until I purchased. I thought the seller had 5 stars and 1200 reviews but it was the ps5 as an item and not the seller. And because I was tired. I'm also a very gullible person irl. I believe stuff when people tell me things without second guessing much. I'm not dumb. I'm naive and too trusting.
    Well I can give you one thing. Ebay has really garbage layout, they tried to make it in my country but we have much much better and cleaner portal that is 1000x easier and more readable. Amazon isn't good either. Both portals failed.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Well I was afraid the "good deal" would get bought out and since I thought the seller had 5 stars and 1200 reviews I pulled the trigger.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure I'm street dumb, but I'm not "book" dumb. Also I was born blonde so maybe that's why haha.
    Next time make the thread before you do the questionable thing.

Well, they must be pretty dumb or desperate. Once I get my money back (assuming its a scam), ebay will contact the authorities especially if it happened to multiple people. Its not like they will get to keep the money.
    This guy is probably working out of a country half-way around the world where nothing will be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the refund notice, it sounds like he's some Indian dude.

This is what happens when you grow up in Azeroth instead of the real world, people.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.