15+ Year Old Account

Show off your tattoos (with meanings too if applicable)

Couldn't find another thread about this so I thought I'd start one. I know tattoos are a fairly common thing these days and not just for the "rebellious" types or gangsters or bikers. Now you see people of all ages going and getting tattoos be it for sentimental reasons or just for fun. So that got me to wondering if any of you guys have tattoos and want to show them off. They don't have to be gaming or WoW related. I'd love to see your ink. If there's a special story behind getting it or reason why you chose that one please post that too because I love hearing the stories behind tattoos people get too. Mine are below.

This is the second one I've had done. I've been wanting to get one done because the meaning behind the semicolon. 6 attempts with the first one at age 20 that landed me in the hospital as a 51/50 for 4 days after taking a full bottle of Xanax and full bottle of Ambien. I'm here and in a better state of mind. I'm not going to lie and say I haven't thought about it because I have within the last 5 years. The difference is I have people I can talk to that I trust, I'm taking my meds religiously, and I know I have a reason to be here. That's why I wanted to get this done is to have something I can see to remind myself that my story isn't over. I also got it to show others in public who may struggle with these feelings that they are not alone and that their story too isn't over.

This one was my first and I got it 22 years ago. I had recently came out and went down with a friend to get this done. Yes I realize the yellow and orange are faded. Sadly they starting fading pretty rapidly around the 5 year mark. My guess is tattoo artist used cheap ink. I don't regret it but I probably wouldn't have got this again if I was given the chance. It's not that I'm ashamed but I think its too of a "basic bitch" type tattoo. If I wanted a rainbow one I would have got something better looking. Young and dumb tattoo lol

My next tattoo is going to be an angelic SpongeBob SquarePants in memory of my little sister and mom who died 2 1/2 years apart (sister age 21 on Christmas eve & mom age 50 exactly 1 month before my 30th bday). I've already paid a tattoo artist to design a sketch to do it and have my appointment in a month to get it done. The first picture shows the wings and halo styles I liked. The second one shows the facial expression I liked. and the third shows the robe style I want. The artist is going to do two sketches for me to pick from. One will be with him in his "normal" clothes he wears on the show holding the guitar in the first pic. The other one will be him in the robes holding a golden harp. I'm leaning more towards the guitar with normal clothes but I'll make my decision once I see the sketches.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't have pictures on hand atm, they died with my last hard drive in 2015, and I don't feel like taking them right now unless others really what to see.

But I do have 2 tattoos. One is on the left side of my chest, and it is Japanese saying "Koi Itai" in Kanji. It means "Love Hurts" or "Love is Painful" depending on how you read it, that is why it is over my literal heart.

The other is directly opposite of the first on my chest and it say "Boku wa Oni" and can be read as "I am a cruel person" boku being the male pronoun, or read as "I am a demon". To me both translations mean the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    I don't have pictures on hand atm, they died with my last hard drive in 2015, and I don't feel like taking them right now unless others really what to see.

But I do have 2 tattoos. One is on the left side of my chest, and it is Japanese saying "Koi Itai" in Kanji. It means "Love Hurts" or "Love is Painful" depending on how you read it, that is why it is over my literal heart.

The other is directly opposite of the first on my chest and it say "Boku wa Oni" and can be read as "I am a cruel person" boku being the male pronoun, or read as "I am a demon". To me both translations mean the same.
    I really love the sound and meaning of the Koi Itai. Very appropriate spot to put that too.

When a forum is so old like mmo-champ - is there even a reason for creating new topics, because this topic was discussed at least 100 times.

edit: 100 seems like a gross underestimation, because even today there's two threads - https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...tattoo-friends! I rise my estimation to 10000
    Last edited by ldev; 2021-04-13 at 10:17 AM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I thought for a long time about the tattoo that should be done .. But every time I imagined myself in 10 years it became unnecessary .. So I gave it up .. My destiny is to be without a tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Yes I realize the yellow and orange are faded. Sadly they starting fading pretty rapidly around the 5 year mark. My guess is tattoo artist used cheap ink[/IMG]
    Nah, its because its yellow and orange, they fade eventually, just get a touch-up. If you can contact the same artist, he might even do it for free (many does this, at least in Norway).
    Colours fade quicker than black, that's why we need to use contrast colours to make an illusion that they stick longer (thus traditional tattoos seem to hold longer, bold lines with hard colours and contrasts).

If he used cheap ink, the others would fade aswell, and quicker than after 5 years.

It might also be your fault to be honest, how you threated it. Too much sun is really bad for colour tattoos, same with too tight clothes that rub it etc.

---

As to my own tattoos. Don't really have any pictures atm, but almost my whole body is covered, not much with "meaning" other than "Wow that artist is good, lets get some of his art on my body". Been traveling around a bit, so a lot of my ink is from tattoo conventions that I've worked at my self. So I guess they got meaning, as in they all have good memories (well almost all) attached to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Nah, its because its yellow and orange, they fade eventually, just get a touch-up. If you can contact the same artist, he might even do it for free (many does this, at least in Norway).
    Colours fade quicker than black, that's why we need to use contrast colours to make an illusion that they stick longer (thus traditional tattoos seem to hold longer, bold lines with hard colours and contrasts).

If he used cheap ink, the others would fade aswell, and quicker than after 5 years.

It might also be your fault to be honest, how you threated it. Too much sun is really bad for colour tattoos, same with too tight clothes that rub it etc.

---

As to my own tattoos. Don't really have any pictures atm, but almost my whole body is covered, not much with "meaning" other than "Wow that artist is good, lets get some of his art on my body". Been traveling around a bit, so a lot of my ink is from tattoo conventions that I've worked at my self. So I guess they got meaning, as in they all have good memories (well almost all) attached to them.
    Yeah I know colors like yellows and oranges fade quicker than the other ones can. I don't wear tight clothes and I'm like bordering on albino white so its not a sun issue lol. I did the whole after-care he told me to do because I wanted it to heal properly too. There's no scarring thankfully too which was one of my concerns when I got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    When a forum is so old like mmo-champ - is there even a reason for creating new topics, because this topic was discussed at least 100 times.

edit: 100 seems like a gross underestimation, because even today there's two threads - https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...tattoo-friends! I rise my estimation to 10000
    That thread was about her asking how to find a tattoo artist not a thread about showing off your tattoos like this one was created for along with any meaning behind it/them. That's the difference.

Don't have pics of mine that i can link to here but I have several and my entire body planned out, all have meaning to me.

my first was my career badge from the USAF, meaning is obvious there. My left leg cover is a road that leads into the hills... but there is a nuclear explosion and nuclear ICBM's being launched and at the top of the nuclear explosion a phoenix raises into the night sky. In the sky of stars are key zodiac constellations connected and one other forming the number "7". TLDR on the meaning is my life in the USAF with a planned lifetime career path that ended one day when the USAF downsized and I was let go, the constellations are those of my friends whom without I would not have survived the transition to civilian life, and the "7" is a secret code known only to one other person that is very important to me. And yes my other ink all has similar meanings and "easter eggs" maybe not as deep but pretty close. The only one that is just "fun" is an Autobot logo on the back of my neck but even it reminds me of my favorite childhood toy and matches my transformers edition chevy Camaro.

Ink is an expression of memories, emotions and significant people in my life, to see my ink and know the meaning tells the story of who I am, why I am, and what and who is important to me. I don't do the "lets just get a fun image done just cause we like it tattoos".
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I have 5 tattoos, sadly cant post photos as I have not posted enough in the forms but,

4 of them are quotes seperated by lines multiple colour, the quotes are

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination - this is a quote from the Stormlight Archive book series by Brandon Sanderson and was my first one. It is something I say to myself when things are getting tough to keep moving forward.

The most important step a man can take, is not the first. it is the second - this is another quote from the Stormlight Archive and I got this after I took the step and got my depression diagnosed and medication for it.

Many find the universe confusng... that's the beauty of it - a quote from Sigma from Overwatch, I find it such a beautiful quote

Dont be proud, be well - is a lyric from the song 'Don't Wait Until 2016 to Try Therapy' by Luke Westaway and it spoke to me regarding my depression as being to proud to seek help can be so detrimental to your health.

My 5 is the Final Fantasy 10 logo, this was one of the first games that really helped me fall in love with gaming as I loved its world and characters and its music is somthing I can always go to when I am feeling down.

My grandfather decided last year to become a gangster and got a tattoo of Harry Potter on his chest.

Quote Originally Posted by jesicacraddock View Post
    My grandfather decided last year to become a gangster and got a tattoo of Harry Potter on his chest.
    My mom still thinks Grandpa is crazy, lol. But I talked to grandpa and realized that he finally felt free. For the first time in 67 years, my grandpa can do whatever he wants, and frankly I'm happy for him. He asked me to find for him a studio that makes Iranian Tattoos and when I visited him for Christmas he showed me his new tattoo. It looks awesome. I'm proud of my grandfather and think he's really cool man.

Mod Note:
    Removed advertising link
    Last edited by CerealLord; 2023-01-13 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have some tribals up and down my arms. I always wanted more but so far never have