Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Except you are the one that needs to see logic, if you somehow think this change is WORSE then doing LITERALLY NOTHING.
    grow up.
    I mean its better then nothing but it is still extremely underwhelming. I don't get the desire to make this a grind. I don't see anything anima can give that makes it worthy of this kind of time investment. It is just a cosmetic freebie armor set and convince upgrades of dubious value.

It's something just not much of something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    I mean its better then nothing but it is still extremely underwhelming. I don't get the desire to make this a grind. I don't see anything anima can give that makes it worthy of this kind of time investment. It is just a cosmetic freebie armor set and convince upgrades of dubious value.

It's something just not much of something.
    eh i think its a decent change, as someone who got all the anima they ever needed LONG ago and has never really had problem with anima, even after right out stopping doing any world quests that gave less then 140 only 1 week into expac launch like... it really wasnt that bad, but this just makes it MUCH easier.

and do you forget the mission table exists? you can dump anima into that to make a pretty penny, i can make a fair fortune just selling the augment runes they give.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    This "fix" is worse then no fix at all because at least with nothing there was hope they would bring out something good. All this does it remove that hope.
    And yet you still had hope after the last fix that would have been considered equally as bad as this one since it still wasn't considered good enough. Weird right?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

First, it should very much be account wide, and second it's just too little. 35 more Anima per WQ won't make me farm the thousands upon thousands I'd need to complete the Sanctum. They just should have slapped a x2 on repeatable Anima sources and a x3 on non-repeatable ones, something along those lines.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And yet you still had hope after the last fix that would have been considered equally as bad as this one since it still wasn't considered good enough. Weird right?
    I didn't even know there was another fix. So after two tries they still can't get it right it seems.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    I mean its better then nothing but it is still extremely underwhelming. I don't get the desire to make this a grind. I don't see anything anima can give that makes it worthy of this kind of time investment. It is just a cosmetic freebie armor set and convince upgrades of dubious value. It's something just not much of something.
    But if you don't see value in the rewards why would you care about the currency for those rewards? It wasn't really a grind before if you just played the game. It is even easier now since the rewards were essentially increased by 3. Not everything needs to shower you in currency.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Not enough, double the rewards would not be enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even know there was another fix. So after two tries they still can't get it right it seems.
    the last fix made raid and M+ give more. and that alone was a huge benefit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Not enough, double the rewards would not be enough.
    the rewards are MORE then double
    70=175

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the last fix made raid and M+ give more. and that alone was a huge benefit.
    Oh that one ok. Yes that was a good one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh that one ok. Yes that was a good one.
    and now

its pretty fucking huge.
    now you get 105 more anima from EVERYTHING meaning a low M+ gives 140, instead of 35, thats fucking mental. i know if i still needed anima i would be farming low M+

15+ Year Old Account
    Right is subjective. I have a feeling there is very little that will make it right for you when you didn't even care enough to read the first sentence of the blue post that referenced the first change. Change often comes in increments rather then all at once. You are essentially saying that working out doesn't work when after an hour you haven't lost 30 pounds. The most important step is the next one and not the first (or second).

Not everything needs to shower you in currency.
    This is incorrect, everything needs to shower me in currency. Doing the same old crap day in, day out, for that carrot that is weeks away...makes me go play other games and not sub. Making things takes longer actually hurts the game and makes people quit in droves. Garbage zones, no flying, exact same quests every week. You think that currency shouldn't be showered upon people who actually keep paying for this ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT? I heartily disagree. I frequently just let my sub run out and I have more than enough gold to play comfortably buying tokens off the AH for years. It isn't even worth it for me to pay made up money for something so blatantly geared at squeezing the player base for every iota of time they can.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is incorrect, everything needs to shower me in currency. Doing the same old crap day in, day out, for that carrot that is weeks away...makes me go play other games and not sub. Making things takes longer actually hurts the game and makes people quit in droves. Garbage zones, no flying, exact same quests every week. You think that currency shouldn't be showered upon people who actually keep paying for this ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT? I heartily disagree. I frequently just let my sub run out and I have more than enough gold to play comfortably buying tokens off the AH for years. It isn't even worth it for me to pay made up money for something so blatantly geared at squeezing the player base for every iota of time they can.
    The entire premise of WoW since inception has been doing the same thing day in and day out. There is nothing wrong with quitting to play other games and you likely would have once you bought all the Anima stuff if you were showered in it. Which makes any justification you create moot. You would quit anyways. Why would you keep playing a game you find to be crap just because you have a higher amount of Anima gained each week?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure this is what an gaming addiction looks like. You have no reason to play the game at all, care about the game at all, yet - here you are.

Saying you "frequently let your sub run out" isn't actually working in your favor. They have you hooked - you keep coming back. You think they lose money if you unsub now and then? Please, you keep going back. Every, single, time.

You might not even realize it yourself, that you're this hooked. Actually scary.

Edit; all right - I was curious. I jumped through some pages of your post history and found a post you made in june, 2015, where you said you're done with the game/company, and you don't want to give them a penny more. Was some more vulguar language in there, mind you. But damn, that's 6 years ago.. You've played this "shit game" for 6 years, still?

I'm flabbergasted.
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2021-04-13 at 02:28 AM.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    Right is subjective. I have a feeling there is very little that will make it right for you when you didn't even care enough to read the first sentence of the blue post that referenced the first change. Change often comes in increments rather then all at once. You are essentially saying that working out doesn't work when after an hour you haven't lost 30 pounds. The most important step is the next one and not the first (or second).
    What does working out have to do with a video game that is not real? What would make it right would be more then 35 anima per quest.

Lol that still sounds fucking dreadful. Will continue to enjoy my time unsubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Ah... I never upgraded my command table. Thought it was useless. Do I need to upgrade the venthyr court thing too before i get the achievements?
    Do you even need anima gains if you're not interested in spending them? The covenant activity and mogs are the most anima consuming. If you're not into that, you don't really need the increase anyway.

And yeah, the change is massive if you do actually get those achievement thresholds. On my main which already has everything opened I have 245 anima rewards for WQs that normally were 140 and 175 for WQs which normally were 105. I assume this will also apply to al lthe weekly quests and such. Pretty crazy and will certainly help on alts now for my collections. The only problem is you need to sink anima into some stuff on alts that you normally probably wouldn't bother. Still, even getting everything to level 1 (which you are gonna get like instantly) is already a boost.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-04-13 at 02:31 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

15+ Year Old Account
    What does working out have to do with a video game that is not real? What would make it right would be more then 35 anima per quest.
    Do you not know what a metaphor is? You do get more then 35 anima per quest. The change makes it so once you unlock the first achievement you will always get at least 70 anima per quest. Did you even read the actual changes before you decide to hate on them? Because it litterly does what you say would make it right yet still call it wrong. Weird huh?

Hate for the sake of hate is toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrolling View Post
    This would be great if the anima rewards were actually worthwhile. Aside from the Oribos portal, the sanctum upgrades are practically worthless. As a Venthyr, the "enhancements" are a joke, the ember court is a slog and the rewards are either armor recolors (the worst tint to boot) and mount reskins. If this is what Blizzard thinks casuals are going to stay subbed for, they are delusional.
    From everything I've ever gathered over the years, they just expect the very casual players, the majority, to just let their subs lapse and fund everything for everyone else. Nothing I've seen in the last four expansions has really lead me to believe they care about designing content tailored toward much of anything else. Can't really blame them... those people actually do just stay around and let their subs lapse, and the last time casuals were really appreciably catered to, MoP (in fact, pretty much everyone got nearly equally catered to in MoP), they lost a huge pile of subs. When they cater to the hardcore, they also lose a pile of subs. When they don't cater to anyone, they lose a pile of subs. Basically, after every expansion launch, they lose a pile of subs, with it crawling back up a tiny bit with each major patch. The moral of that story, I guess, is to never really try because a certain amount of people will stay subbed no matter what, and you can eat off the back of those whales forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you not know what a metaphor is? You do get more then 35 anima per quest. The change makes it so once you unlock the first achievement you will always get at least 70 anima per quest. Did you even read the actual changes before you decide to hate on them? Because it litterly does what you say would make it right yet still call it wrong. Weird huh?

Hate for the sake of hate is toxic.
    No... you get 35 per quest. You have to upgrade all your shit to level 2 for more.