Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It does not. It should include all quests though as that would be helpful even for alts if they don't want to make it account wide.
    Then totally useless update for me, anima side I only do 250 anima quests plus the 2 weekly covenant quests and the 2 weekly dungeon quests.

    Zero interest in cosmetics or building upgrades past level 1, I have the command table level 2 and will maybe upgrade it to 3 but that’s all.

  2. #122
    Lmao this is crazy, I saw anima increase and thought "ooooo I might come back sooner if it's a nice change" then continue to read the change and wow what a load of steaming dog turd blizzard are. An extra 35 anima per quest ......the minimum I think it would need is for every anima item to be worth about 150 each so you get a minimum of 450 per world quest.

    I have a feeling this xpac is only going to get worse if thats even possible. Bring back bfa already ffs
    Last edited by Gamingsince1981; 2021-04-13 at 05:26 AM.

  3. #123
    On a scale from 1 to 10, this gets my excitement to about 2.

  4. #124
    I have not touched any of my upgrades. I think they are all at lvl 1. I do not do world quests. If it drops from raid I take it.
    Does no it like 10k for one upgrade and the last upgrade is like 25k? Who the fuck does this shit?
    I do not have time for that. But those people that farm all that ridiculous amount of anima for upgrades, a big applaud from me. That takes a good amount of resolve I guess.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You get at least 35 per World quest which the average is higher. Upgrading to rank 2 isn't that difficult of a thing and if you have at least been doing the weekly souls quest you'd be getting 500 extra anima per week by now if you haven't upgraded everything to at least rank 2. But if you aren't willing to play the game to upgrade things to at least rank 2 then Anima doesn't even mean anything to you in the first place.

    So no reward would be "right" or worth it if you don't already value Anima.
    I see that you are quite obsessed with this “if you play the game” thing.

    How many hours per day do you think average joe has to play games in general? Probably one to two max and probably not even all days.

    I have more or less one hour per day, play about 10 hours per week, if I had to do ALL the wq daily as you suggest I would probably do simply that and no more.

    No thanks, the game is not about grinding a stupid currency. Luckily enough I have zero interest in anima apart from having enough to send adventurers to one mission each every day. I’m also super glad that I finally don’t have to care about reputations anymore for flying (another stupid requirement that required tons of time) but please stop pretending that “if people play the game they have more than enough anima”, it’s not like that.

  6. #126
    I think at this point the only saving grace of Anima is that it doesn't directly affect your character's power. It's another mobile game mechanic, and thankfully you can totally ignore it with the only loss being some recoloured cosmetics (of the set you already get for completing the campaign) and a portal from your sanctum to Oribos.

    I understand that the literal definition of "casuals" need something to do in the game, but honestly if your only interaction with WoW is grinding world quests to get Anima so you can upgrade your covenant sanctum then there are so many other games you could be spending your time on.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I see that you are quite obsessed with this “if you play the game” thing.
    Isn't that the point of a game? To play it? Why play a game if you do not want to engage a large part of its content? You say the game isn't about grinding a stupid currency while also saying you send adventurers on missions every day. Which is grinding a stupid currency. You don't find that weird at all? You think something is such a terrible design but are compelled to still use it.

    If people play the game they will have more then enough Anima to purchase cosmetics or sanctum upgrades. The increases to Mythic+ and Raiding ensure that one or two of the achievements are easily feasible by now. The problem is you and "average joe" avoid a large part of the content but expect to be reward just the same. You don't see that as a problem? That you demand to be reward for content you refuse to do? Even when the content you are demand to be rewarded, sanctum upgrades, is heavily tied to the content you also refuse to do? So if anyone needs to stop pretending stuff here is is you.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But sure it is stupid to expect people to actually play a game for rewards from that game.
    TIL that grinding WQs is one of the few ways to "actually play the game"

    There are a lot of different ways to play WoW, but when an expansion pretty much pushes you into one of two play modes (WQ grinding or PVP) in order to progress the central feature of the expansion that's just poor design.

    So 64k anima over 140 days is about 3.2k anima per week. While that isn't an outlandish rate (one I'm sure I've hit on my main a few times), it becomes a lot less manageable when you factor in alts, taking breaks, or just spending your time doing other stuff in the game. You can spend a good deal of time "playing the game" and still feel like the anima system is really punishing and badly designed. It's just so unrewarding to finish a WQ you've done over a dozen times and think "cool, that's 1/30th of a single cosmetic piece".

  9. #129
    The extra anima is nice, just i was saving for rank 5 Garden, now i guess ill need to upgrade the command table !

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Isn't that the point of a game? To play it? Why play a game if you do not want to engage a large part of its content? You say the game isn't about grinding a stupid currency while also saying you send adventurers on missions every day. Which is grinding a stupid currency. You don't find that weird at all? You think something is such a terrible design but are compelled to still use it.

    If people play the game they will have more then enough Anima to purchase cosmetics or sanctum upgrades. The increases to Mythic+ and Raiding ensure that one or two of the achievements are easily feasible by now. The problem is you and "average joe" avoid a large part of the content but expect to be reward just the same. You don't see that as a problem? That you demand to be reward for content you refuse to do? Even when the content you are demand to be rewarded, sanctum upgrades, is heavily tied to the content you also refuse to do? So if anyone needs to stop pretending stuff here is is you.
    Lol?

    I don’t demand anything, I stated I just don’t care apart from having enough to send adventurers (not for anima missions since I don’t care, remember)? Unfortunately sending them to missions require anima that’s why I’m forced to do the barely minimum to have some in repository and that’s all.

    How many hours per day you play? Because they key is this, as always. I’m happy you have at least one hour per day to waste for WQ and then do other stuff in-game, the majority have not this luxury. They DO play the game but they have to be picky (to clarify I would not grind anima even if I could play 5 hours a day but this is another story).

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    There are a lot of different ways to play WoW, but when an expansion pretty much pushes you into one of two play modes (WQ grinding or PVP) in order to progress the central feature of the expansion that's just poor design.
    You can gain anima from raiding and Mythic+. Sanctum upgrades only give boosts to world content of which WQ are the primarily way to experience that content at end game. Why wouldn't you expect that is the primary way to gain the currency? 3.2k anima per week is really easy to get. Everything becomes less managble when you factor in alts because you are choosing to take on double the work load. Why do people always think that an alt should mean that they don't have to do extra work for choosing to have another character?

    You can average 7k anima a week with an hour a day doing on average 11 anima world quests a day. 3.2k a day over the period that it takes you to get the required souls to purchase all the upgrades isn't a burden. You'll also have a free 500 anima per week now since you'll be at the 100 souls cap. If you are spending a good deal of time playing the game while also doing zero WQ's then you are managing while also wanting the rewards WQ's earn then you are managing your time poorly.

    If it is unrewarding to do a WQ over a dozen times then what is the reward from doing PvP over a dozen times? Or Raids over a dozen times? Or Mythic+ over a dozen times? Then factor in alts and how many times you repeat that dozen for all those activities. And yet that that unrewarding feeling only applies to anima and cosmetics. Weird right? The problem here is and always will be how people subjectively decide they will refuse to do X content while also demanding they be given the rewards for X content.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  12. #132
    well as said.. bettre then nothing but i still wont sub till 9.1

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I don’t demand anything
    Then why is the current amount of anima gained a problem? You wouldn't be in this thread unless you were demanding the more anima so you can access those rewards you say you are not demanding. If people are picky about their time then they also have to accept the consequences of being picky right? The more time you play the more you can do in any game.

    And yet apparently people shouldn't have to play the content that will get them anima because they should get rewards while being picky. Weird how that isn't a "demand". Using your logic I should be able to get KSM, and 210/226 gear just because I am picky about my time and don't want to spend it in Mythic+ right?

    Of course not. That would be silly. And yet you and others make a double standard for anima and WQ's. Weird huh?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    TIL that grinding WQs is one of the few ways to "actually play the game"

    There are a lot of different ways to play WoW, but when an expansion pretty much pushes you into one of two play modes (WQ grinding or PVP) in order to progress the central feature of the expansion that's just poor design.

    So 64k anima over 140 days is about 3.2k anima per week. While that isn't an outlandish rate (one I'm sure I've hit on my main a few times), it becomes a lot less manageable when you factor in alts, taking breaks, or just spending your time doing other stuff in the game. You can spend a good deal of time "playing the game" and still feel like the anima system is really punishing and badly designed. It's just so unrewarding to finish a WQ you've done over a dozen times and think "cool, that's 1/30th of a single cosmetic piece".
    3k a week is piss easy?

    I don't raid
    I don't pvp
    I don't do wqs (minus a couple on tuesday.)

    1k on tuesday
    I run atleast 10 dungeons a week for the vault (usually 10 on tryn weeks)

    So that 1k (about an hour) + 10x 105 (on a week i barely log in) = 2050 without trying.

    Now add in a wq here and there or raiding and id be close to 4k a week literally just playing the game.

    Some weeks me and boys run 30+ for fun/pushing keys that right there is your 3.2k without doing ANY "grinding".

    People up in here want rewards for sitting in oribos afk lol.

  15. #135
    Hahaha...
    Literally nobody expeted that...
    They made feature from their artificial content again...

    As always same people whiteknightning Blizzard for any stupid decision...

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Hahaha...
    Literally nobody expeted that...
    They made feature from their artificial content again...

    As always same people whiteknightning Blizzard for any stupid decision...
    As always same people paying for a subscription to the game they hate. Its a vicious cycle.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    As always same people paying for a subscription to the game they hate. Its a vicious cycle.
    Nah.
    I quit retail 2 months ago and currently got the break from the game until Classic TBC.
    ...but you probably know better what i do...

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    3k a week is piss easy?

    I don't raid
    I don't pvp
    I don't do wqs (minus a couple on tuesday.)

    1k on tuesday
    I run atleast 10 dungeons a week for the vault (usually 10 on tryn weeks)

    So that 1k (about an hour) + 10x 105 (on a week i barely log in) = 2050 without trying.

    Now add in a wq here and there or raiding and id be close to 4k a week literally just playing the game.

    Some weeks me and boys run 30+ for fun/pushing keys that right there is your 3.2k without doing ANY "grinding".

    People up in here want rewards for sitting in oribos afk lol.
    Sorry to spoil it for you but 10-30 M+ a week isn't barely playing.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    Sorry to spoil it for you but 10-30 M+ a week isn't barely playing.
    10 dungeons is like a couple hours for a night and half?

    People can't even play for a couple hours a week asking for everything to auto complete and be handed out by blizzard?

    Why do you pay for this game? If a couple hours is too much?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Nah.
    I quit retail 2 months ago and currently got the break from the game until Classic TBC.
    ...but you probably know better what i do...
    Oh cool so they have your xpac money and subs up until then.... cool cool.

    I'm sure i wouldn't find any "blizzard bad wow sux reeee" posts before 2 months ago yeah?

  20. #140
    And here we have the "hey come back we made our boring stupid farming a bit less long" patch note. With the good old "we listened to your feedbacks".

    I don't know... are there any people still on this game retarded enought to bielieve that it was not planned from the start ?

    Blizzard thinks it. That's pretty insulting I guess.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •