Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    Sorry to spoil it for you but 10-30 M+ a week isn't barely playing.
    People are running +25's in 30-40 mins. Assuming lower keys then that two an hour is easily doable. Barely playing is such a subjective definition when it comes to discussions like these because people define it differently. But regardless of that anima is easy to come by and easy enough to meet the requirements of at least one of the new achievements.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #142
    Is it account wide? Does it apply to direct drops (like rares) and does it apply to the mission table?

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    why is this better than nothing?
    Because it literally is? a 3 year old would know that.

  4. #144
    The entitlement in this thread... Repeat after me:
    At the end of the expansion there will be more than enough anima. No need to farm it now, just wait and get your cosmetics later.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Then why is the current amount of anima gained a problem? You wouldn't be in this thread unless you were demanding the more anima so you can access those rewards you say you are not demanding. If people are picky about their time then they also have to accept the consequences of being picky right? The more time you play the more you can do in any game.

    And yet apparently people shouldn't have to play the content that will get them anima because they should get rewards while being picky. Weird how that isn't a "demand". Using your logic I should be able to get KSM, and 210/226 gear just because I am picky about my time and don't want to spend it in Mythic+ right?

    Of course not. That would be silly. And yet you and others make a double standard for anima and WQ's. Weird huh?
    Uh?

    It’s not a problem for me, it wasn’t even before this “buff”.

    My concern was the “just play the game” thing, grinding anima is a LOT time consuming, that’s why people were whining in the beginning.

    It does not come “by simply playing” the game, it comes if you focus A LOT on that. You make it appear as if you casually login, press random buttons and anima flows into your currency panel, it’s not exactly like this.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Is it account wide? Does it apply to direct drops (like rares) and does it apply to the mission table?
    No, yes, and yes. It applies to all Uncommon and Rare anima item rewards. Per Wowhead though it looks like PvP rewards are not boosted and it isn't known if that is a bug or intentional. It sort of makes the Epic anima (the 250 ones) rewards under powered now though so I wonder if they will boost those later on.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Uh?

    It’s not a problem for me, it wasn’t even before this “buff”.

    My concern was the “just play the game” thing, grinding anima is a LOT time consuming, that’s why people were whining in the beginning.

    It does not come “by simply playing” the game, it comes if you focus A LOT on that. You make it appear as if you casually login, press random buttons and anima flows into your currency panel, it’s not exactly like this.
    It... it quite literally does.

    Log in, do content that wow offers (raids/pvp/m+/wq) receive anima.

    Do people not play wow because they enjoy it anymore? Honest question to you people on these forums that are butt hurt and salty about everything wow but still play. Why? Wow was always about the 4 things i mentioned... always (raids/pvp/dundeons/dailies now named wq) I have had 0 and i mean 0 anima shortages just playing the game... because it's fun...

  8. #148
    Will this look at all covenants on a char or only the active one? So if I have switched to another covenant and don’t have many upgrades unlocked yet, will I still get that achievement because my previous covenant had all on 3?

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    It does not come “by simply playing” the game, it comes if you focus A LOT on that. You make it appear as if you casually login, press random buttons and anima flows into your currency panel, it’s not exactly like this.
    The anima adds up over time by just playing the game. Logging on and pushing random buttons isn't playing the game. Doing the content a game offers is playing the game. That appears to be the problem. You've created a narrow definition of what playing the game has to mean just so you can go after me about something. It is clear that I have always meant doing content as the context for playing the game.

    Grinding anima is not time consuming. An average of an hour a day which includes travel time for an average of 7k a week was easily doable before the changes. Per the math of other posters 3.2k is what you would have needed to gain per week since launch in order to buy all of the upgrades (64k anima over 140 days since launch). 3.2k a week was easily doable even before the changes increasing Mythic+ and Raid amounts.

    Now a low Mythic+ is equal to a World quest. 35, 70, 105, and 140 anima reward for base through the third achievement. Medium is 70, 105, 140, and 175. A high key is 105, 140, 174, 210. It is even easier to gain mana now by just and of the end game activities. Nights you are not raiding will have to be supplemented by World quests or Mythic+.

    So play 2 of the 3 end game content for most of the week and you'll have more then enough Anima now for upgrades or cosmetics.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #150

  11. #151
    Does it matter when it is a boring grind to begin with?

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    People are running +25's in 30-40 mins. Assuming lower keys then that two an hour is easily doable. Barely playing is such a subjective definition when it comes to discussions like these because people define it differently. But regardless of that anima is easy to come by and easy enough to meet the requirements of at least one of the new achievements.
    Dude? Seriously?

    1% of playerbase or less is “running 25-30 in 30-40 minutes”, are you serious?

    You can do maybe ONE M+ in one hour in pug IF you are a tank or healer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The anima adds up over time by just playing the game. Logging on and pushing random buttons isn't playing the game. Doing the content a game offers is playing the game. That appears to be the problem. You've created a narrow definition of what playing the game has to mean just so you can go after me about something. It is clear that I have always meant doing content as the context for playing the game.

    Grinding anima is not time consuming. An average of an hour a day which includes travel time for an average of 7k a week was easily doable before the changes. Per the math of other posters 3.2k is what you would have needed to gain per week since launch in order to buy all of the upgrades (64k anima over 140 days since launch). 3.2k a week was easily doable even before the changes increasing Mythic+ and Raid amounts.

    Now a low Mythic+ is equal to a World quest. 35, 70, 105, and 140 anima reward for base through the third achievement. Medium is 70, 105, 140, and 175. A high key is 105, 140, 174, 210. It is even easier to gain mana now by just and of the end game activities. Nights you are not raiding will have to be supplemented by World quests or Mythic+.

    So play 2 of the 3 end game content for most of the week and you'll have more then enough Anima now for upgrades or cosmetics.
    Dude, again, I understand it’s a non issue for you but one hour a day is what the majority of people have to spend playing.

  13. #153
    So they barely increased the rewards for the system that only grants ugly recolors and nothing of value?

    Yeah gonna keep being unsubbed I think.

  14. #154
    translation

    "subs are dropping, heres some more carrot, now back on the wheel hamster."

    I wish they didnt treat this game like a daily log in cellphone game
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  15. #155
    Oh no... nerfs to rogue. Theyll be so unviable now..... ;D

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Wait that's it? WOW thanks blizzard for the 35 anima!
    You do realize that this can be a 150% to 400% increase, right? Or did you not even bother to think about it before you joined in on your hate train?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    why is this better than nothing? blizz purposefully making an extremely grindy system and ignoring feedback for almost half a year is better than nothing? nothing is better than this. the game is a piece of crap these days with horrible design to try and suck as much time out of people as it can. in the process, causing more people to leave than ever before.

    don't have your standards so low that when you have dirt shoved in your mouth, you're just happy it isn't garbage.
    It's almost like people have opinions and they're different than yours. You're literally the "stop liking what I don't like" kid.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  17. #157
    Well its something...I agree the unique covenant activities should not have been behind such a high paywall anyway. Has anyone actually upgraded the command table lol

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    Well its something...I agree the unique covenant activities should not have been behind such a high paywall anyway. Has anyone actually upgraded the command table lol
    It’s the only thing I updated at level 2 XD and probably the only thing I will get to level 3 sooner or later. It’s the only “building” I use.

    I don’t care about WQ or cosmetics or pets or mounts so upgrading the other buildings is totally useless for me. Portal from Maldraxxus to Oribos could be useful but I only do M+ and my stone is set in Oribos plus as shaman I have also astral recall, so it’s not a big issue.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You can average 7k anima a week with an hour a day doing on average 11 anima world quests a day. 3.2k a day over the period that it takes you to get the required souls to purchase all the upgrades isn't a burden. You'll also have a free 500 anima per week now since you'll be at the 100 souls cap. If you are spending a good deal of time playing the game while also doing zero WQ's then you are managing while also wanting the rewards WQ's earn then you are managing your time poorly.
    You really just don't get it, do you? It doesn't matter how many WQ's you can do per day because any time spent doing them for 1/30th or 1/50th or 1/100th of a cosmetic piece of sanctum upgrade is just NOT REWARDING. The prospect of dedicating hours per week just grinding the same mind numbing world quests over and over and over again, and even after several days having NOTHING to show for it because you haven't accumulated enough currency is piss poor game design.

    I did my fair share of WQ's during Legion and BFA but at least 1. they never felt necessary for progression through the expansion feature and 2. they were more useful for gearing alts. "Do a WQ, get a useful piece of gear" is INFINITELY more rewarding then "Do a WQ, get 140/5,000 currency for increased follower regen".

  20. #160
    Better than nothing for sure, but still extremely disappointing to be honest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •