10+ Year Old Account

Thumb button remapped?

So, this is probably simple and stupid but I was hoping someone knew a quick fix before I actually research it.

My thumb button on the mouse usually does things like Autorun, but more importantly its the 'back' button on my browser. It no longer does that. Nothing (to my knowledge) has changed recently. It now acts as the Menu button on the keyboard, and in games.

Is there a windows interface thing that might change that? I dont use any macros.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Depending on the brand of the mouse its possible an update to the mouse software changed the default binding for that button. Logitech/razer/etc. software can do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont use any software, either, for what its worth. Its an anker mouse.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Could it be a changed browser option? Firefox has MouseButton.4th.enabled in about:config.

Mouse event tester:
    https://www.onlinemictest.com/mouse-test/

Side buttons didn't register in Firefox on that site but did in Edge and Chrome. You might be able to DDGo some others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the strange part is I'm pretty sure it's Windows that changed it, because the functionality changed in all of my games as well, not just my browser.

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled drivers so far.. Id rather not have to install a 3rd party program for something that has been a default for a decade.

It looks like you have a thumb button problem.
    You can remap it with our app or visit your doctor for surgery, which is more permanent option but may be necessary if the issue doesn't resolve itself after one week without the use of the controller buttons on an Xbox One S Bundle (it should still work).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by easycpstest View Post
    You can remap it with our app or visit your doctor for surgery, which is more permanent option but may be necessary if the issue doesn't resolve itself after one week without the use of the controller buttons on an Xbox One S Bundle (it should still work).
    Bots are getting weirder.
    Hi

I'm not a bot man but my english are week

Quote Originally Posted by easycpstest View Post
    Top SMM Panel

Thanks for letting us know about it,