Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Currencies and systems. Systems and currencies.
    What is most appealing to me about TBC is getting away from all the convoluted systems and currencies. The game was a lot easier to grasp back then and it didn't feel like you had a gazillion plates you had to spin to keep your character going.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather play something new. TBC isn't super interesting since I've already done it but the design philosophies of modern WoW are just so off putting.

I miss the days when you had your talent tree, you had your gear and you had your gold. That was all you had to worry about. If you wanted to do more you had reputations and professions to work on that ended once they were done. At the very most I think we should have a PvP currency like honor and a PvE currency like valor.
    "I cant wait to play TBC where i get rid of all the currencies"

I hate to break it to you man but tbc has even more currencies....

Apexsis crystals
    badges
    marks
    primals
    honor marks
    all 5 pvp badges
    and more.

also are the things really that confusing?

Stygia is literally just from the maw, and used on venari
    anima is literally just from everything and used on pets/toys/base upgrades.
    soul ash is obtained from torghast and literally just used as a thing for legendaries, are you confused by arcane dust used by enchanters?
    Renown is literally not even a currency, its a progression thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Personally I don't mind those, I only mind having the Covenants locked. What OP is saying is that in older expansions you didn't need currencies to function. Then the other person posted a list of tbc currencies that were not needed for your optimization. I played through TBC from start to finish and I remember some were traded for reputation gains but apart from ir you just did your dungeons, your attunements and raids. Or Arena.
    You did need currencies to function. They just weren't all in the currency tab. Badges and the rep receipts immediately come to mind.

I guess it's the same thing as usual. You can complain about anything if you ignore all the reasons your point is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    220ilvl items(that are th best items I could get for now) from M+ + socket < 226 ilvl items from mythic/weekly cache + socket

It's not that hard to understand.
    If 220 is the best you can get for now you arent doing proper m+ and you arent done progressing through hc nathria.

At this point getting a socket isnt whats gonna make the difference mate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    And how many of those actually were needed to stay up to date in the games current systems at the time?
    Compared to what the OP mentioned? all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    This has actively killed my desire to make alts this expansion. I have little interest in the easier modes of the game that isn't me being petty but after you played the hardest difficulty for over a decade easier modes of difficulty just dont offer much enjoyment.

I utterly despise how time gated the game has become. It started in mop with the "everyone gets a leggo" time gate and its only grown more and more out of control from there. I long for the days when you got all your passive power at level cap and then just got gear. I'm tempted by TBC but to be frank I beat tbc once and given how easy classic was I don't think I can cross the same river twice.

I just wish wow was more focused on the games content and less invested in considering filling a bar as content.
    What about the legendaries you got from WotLK on? They were timegated as hell. Also imagine the huge amounts of salt and the neckbeard outrage on the forums here if some classes could do +20% more damage than any other just by equipping a legendary. And if you're being honest, then you'd notice that gear was timegated the same way renown/soul ash is. You're just used to it.
    Making Torghast mandatory to obtain Soul Ash could be seen as problematic, but everything else you could get like you got gear "back in the god old days". Stygia isn't even meant for good players; it's this expansions way to nerf difficult content.
    SL really is an improvement over Legion and BfA in this regard.

I don't mind the currencies, tbh I play 6-7 characters, have Aotc, have KSM and still do most of my callings. I just wish wq's didn't take so long, I know they wanted to make them more in-depth but the reward for spending the time isn't really equal.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "I cant wait to play TBC where i get rid of all the currencies"

I hate to break it to you man but tbc has even more currencies....

Apexsis crystals
    badges
    marks
    primals
    honor marks
    all 5 pvp badges
    and more.
    none of those really lock player power behind them to the extent that soul ash locks away leggos.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    none of those really lock player power behind them to the extent that soul ash locks away leggos.
    Except badges for gear.
    and pvp badges for gear
    and primals for gear
    but yeah sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Don't you think they should focus on making more content then instead of spending ridiculous amounts of time on systems and all the balancing issues that comes with them?
    I guess that depends on whether you think developing more currencies saves time for them to allow them to work on other areas or not. I won't pretend to understand, but I think there's a reason they went with a lot of currencies. But, I would agree that gameplay over superficial currency farm is generally preferred -- but there's only so much content they can make that's all unique, and at that point currencies start to have value. The length of the grind can impact how enjoyable currencies are, for better or worse, but also the quality of the gameplay of the grind has a lot to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Spirit Shards
    Mark of Honor Hold
    Glowcap
    Arcane Rune
    Holy Dust
    Halaa battle token
    Halaa research token
    Sunmote
    Unidentified plant parts
    Uncatalogued species
    Coulfang Armaments
    All the shit from sporeggar(cba to write it down)
    Mark of KJ
    Mark of Sarg
    Fel Armament
    Arcane Tome
    Arakkoa Feather
    Obsidian Warbeads
    Oshu'gun Crystal fragments
    Zaxxis Insignia

Probably missing some.
    and i dont need any of them to play the game - to unlock my character
    while i have to spend hours and hours every week to keep my char "up-to-date" (legion, bfa, SL) multiply by number of chars = its better to not play than let the game play you

current game is perfect for casuals and its the majority of playerbase so it wont change anytime soon

If 220 is the best you can get for now you arent doing proper m+ and you arent done progressing through hc nathria.
    Show me leather helm that's better than SoA(+15M + upgrades) 220ilvl helm for Assassination rogue that doesn't drop from Mythic Denathrius or is 226ilvl from the weekly cache(which is RNG).

Also wtf is "the proper M+"? We must be playing totally different game if there's a REAL M+ where items that drops are >220 ilvl items.

And the comment with "heroic castle nathria" - lmao. It seems you lack basic knowledge of itemization and what kind of content drops what ilvl.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-04-13 at 04:36 PM.

soul ash hasnt been relevant since like first week into january. unless on alts i dont know who is still doing torghast. if only they raised wearable legendary with every major patch but that would be cool and we cant have that since the bfa beta

10+ Year Old Account
    Spirit Shards
    Mark of Honor Hold
    Glowcap
    Arcane Rune
    Holy Dust
    Halaa battle token
    Halaa research token
    Sunmote
    Unidentified plant parts
    Uncatalogued species
    Coulfang Armaments
    Mark of KJ
    Mark of Sarg
    Fel Armament
    Arcane Tome
    Arakkoa Feather
    Obsidian Warbeads
    Zaxxis Insignia

Probably missing some.
    Came here to say this.

I agree with OP that having 500 currencies is exhausting and I'd rather forget they exist. I disagree with OP that TBC is any better in this regard. In fact it may be worse because every currency takes inventory slots there.

- - - Updated - - -

Also wtf is "the proper M+"? We must be playing totally different game if there's a REAL M+ where items that drops are >220 ilvl items.
    You unlock Real M+ after collecting 120 stars and then starting over as Luigi

I like to refer to Shadowlands as the System Lasagna expansion. They have so many systems on top of systems where if one little thing breaks it can throw off everything else.

Likewise, there's so much to do that you actually DO have to do to keep your character up to standard that it feels like a 2nd job more than something to do for fun.

Having to pick a class, pick a race, pick a spec, pick a covenant, pick a soulbind, pick conduits, then pick the right gear (because they all factor in differently to things) is way too convoluted of a system for people to actually make sure they're performing as good as they could be. I don't believe that anyone can do that without having a spreadsheet or looking up things to make sure you picked the right one. When it gets to that point, that you have to keep track and search outside of the game, it's gone too far.

Covenants would have been perfectly find as a cosmetic only system, where at the end of the day, all X specs were the same, but the differences show in the cosmetic effects of their looks / spells.

The difference between current wow and classic/bc is that all of the player power was more organically sewn into the game.

Soul ash, stygia, and everything else in current wow feels like it was tacked on. The features feel like an afterthought rather than a core concept to an expansion.

None of the activities to obtain these currencies are fun. No player would do them willingly if it wasn't mandatory to power up your character.

Quote Originally Posted by heheszek View Post
    while i have to spend hours and hours every week to keep my char "up-to-date" (legion, bfa, SL) multiply by number of chars = its better to not play than let the game play you

current game is perfect for casuals and its the majority of playerbase so it wont change anytime soon
    Uh. Did you play SL?

You dont need any of the current currencies to play your character. Some of them unlock power and items just like the tbc ones does.

If you dont want to play the game to become stronger hten go play mario

- - - Updated - - -

Show me leather helm that's better than SoA(+15M + upgrades) 220ilvl helm for Assassination rogue that doesn't drop from Mythic Denathrius or is 226ilvl from the weekly cache(which is RNG).

And the comment with "heroic castle nathria" - lmao. It seems you lack basic knowledge of itemization and what kind of content drops what ilvl.
    If you have a bis item before lucky rng from the vault or an item that you cant get because you havent progressed to mythic denathrius then there is no problem upgrading it with a socket.

So wtf is the problem exactly? Either itsa good item for you, and you socket it, or its not, and you dont.

Stop whining

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    You unlock Real M+ after collecting 120 stars and then starting over as Luigi
    that made me chuckle

If you have a bis item before lucky rng from the vault or an item that you cant get because you havent progressed to mythic denathrius then there is no problem upgrading it with a socket.

So wtf is the problem exactly? Either itsa good item for you, and you socket it, or its not, and you dont.

Stop whining
    No, no. Explain yourself what you meant by saying that "if you have 220ilvl item you are progressing castle nathria" or that you can somehow get better items from "real M+" that are >220ilvl and aren't from the weekly.

Spirit Shards
    Mark of Honor Hold
    Glowcap
    Arcane Rune
    Holy Dust
    Halaa battle token
    Halaa research token
    Sunmote
    Unidentified plant parts
    Uncatalogued species
    Coulfang Armaments
    Mark of KJ
    Mark of Sarg
    Fel Armament
    Arcane Tome
    Arakkoa Feather
    Obsidian Warbeads
    Zaxxis Insignia

Probably missing some.
    This is totally disingenuous lol. You might as well start making a SL list of like Infused Rubies, Phantasma, Sinstone fragments... etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heheszek View Post

And you dont need to get renown, or soul ash, or anima, or stygia to play the game right now, to unlock yoru charecter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    This is totally disingenuous lol. You might as well start making a SL list of like Infused Rubies, Phantasma, Sinstone fragments... etc.
    except that is literally what OP did, by including fucking renown as a "currency"

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    True. Most of them were worse.

For that matter, they were mostly a lot more annoying to get than Soul Ash, too. 2 runs a week for a few weeks weren't cutting it.

that made me chuckle

No, no. Explain yourself what you meant by saying that "if you have 220ilvl item you are progressing castle nathria" or that you can somehow get better items from "real M+" that are >220ilvl and aren't from the weekly.
    213 from most of castle nathria, 220 from the last two bosses on hc.

226 from mythic+ vault each week.

226 from mythic castle nathria.

free loot from pvp.

If you arent raiding normal(as you scolded the other guy for doing) you should have no problems finding gear above 220 ilvl or bis 220 ilvl loot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Except most of the reps in outland has at least pre raid bis and enchants?

I'l look forward to not hearing from you like the rest of the guys who cant construct arguments