Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Renown is not a currency. And looking back, past WoW expansions had more currencies and nobody complained.
    Yes, TBC as well. Back then you had the currency in your inventory. Infact, every faction had some form of currency back then.

I rather have one unified currency for each content type than having one currency per faction that clutters my inventory.
    This. TBC or WotLK is a bad take if you want to have a go at the currencies. Well, tbh I don't know which expansion would be a good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    You just needed to get items... and that was mostly it. I could just log on a few days a week for raiding only and that was totally fine for me. Liked the Garrisons also, because it was a free gold making machine(and the only reason why I did level so many alts!).
    Problem with this is that then people complain about there being nothing meaningful to do. Hence, if you can't increase your power for playing, there is nothing what you can do. At least we have m+ now for pushing community.

The problem is the lack of content.

I totally agree.

WoD was maybe "lazy" and there maybe weren't much things to do... but that what made it good. You didn't have to farm 24/7(okay, it's a little exaggeration but you get the idea).
    You just needed to get items... and that was mostly it. I could just log on a few days a week for raiding only and that was totally fine for me. Liked the Garrisons also, because it was a free gold making machine(and the only reason why I did level so many alts!).

That's false.

Some legendaries were buffed, so you had to farm the soul ash. Same goes for Stygia - what if you are still progressing or if you got the 6ilvl upgrade from the weekly chest? You'd need to put a socket in the item to make it an upgrade.
    You are a giant fucking tool if you socketed a 220 piece than socket a 226 THAN come whine on the forums. Your fault.

Soul ash is still also done. If you don't have enough for a handful of 235s by now you just didn't do torghast.

Don't come at me with your bullshit and blatant lies. Stop gemming fucking lfr gear and you won't have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    You are a giant fucking tool if you socketed a 220 piece than socket a 226 THAN come whine on the forums. Your fault.
    *then

Also, lmao. If it's a progression then it's right thing to get as many upgrade as possible. But I wouldn't expect a normal raider to comprehend that.

Soul ash is still also done. If you don't have enough for a handful of 235s by now you just didn't do torghast.
    Why would I? If I had the BIS legendary that was BIS and now it's not? What's the point of doing Torghast if you already had your BIS legendary, lol

Don't come at me with your bullshit and blatant lies. Stop gemming fucking lfr gear and you won't have a problem.
    What? lol

If you are always discussing with arguments that are based on your own assumptions and fantasy, then you really should seek some kind of help.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Spirit Shards
    Mark of Honor Hold
    Glowcap
    Arcane Rune
    Holy Dust
    Halaa battle token
    Halaa research token
    Sunmote
    Unidentified plant parts
    Uncatalogued species
    Coulfang Armaments
    All the shit from sporeggar(cba to write it down)
    Mark of KJ
    Mark of Sarg
    Fel Armament
    Arcane Tome
    Arakkoa Feather
    Obsidian Warbeads
    Oshu'gun Crystal fragments
    Zaxxis Insignia

Probably missing some.
    This list pretty much... Currencies isn't a new thing. In fact we have less. When i played in TBC I didn't even knew what a third of the currencies was for.
    I guess it's just another "back in the day" thread that romanticize the past beyond how it actually was.

I think OP tries to figure out what it is that makes him dislike shadowlands compared to TBC, which turns out to be currencies. But it probably isn't currencies but something else. I hope he finds what it is. I think the exhaustion OP feels is due to having to deal with currencies for so long. Seems more likely to me.

Also, how is Renown a currency? it's a level system. If we make Renown a currency then we can argue everything you gain in increments is a currency. Talents, character levels, durability, stats etc etc, all currencies in the same vein as renown.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-04-13 at 09:18 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

We consume content faster than they can make it, generally, within reason, regardless of how many currencies there are. Whether a currency is a chore or not is more to do with how long the grind takes and not with how many currencies there are. There could be 200 currencies but if you finished grinding them all out in one second by doing one auto on a rabbit for the week it wouldn't be a problem. This is hyperbolic, but the community tends to automate things like this with fansites and addons anyway so I'm never worried about how many currencies as guides will always say out of game or in game what is best to go for - how is my time best spent. Like, I could be spending time farming AP right now to make an Artifact stronger right now, as it technically scales infinitely. Is it worth my time though? No, because the grind would be too long. See? A currency's exhaustiveness is measured by time spent and consumed first, not by how many varieties of it. One NPC could have 200 items for sale, each with a different currency. That's not exhaustive. Annoying, maybe, once, but what's potentially more exhaustive is if it takes you twenty years to get everything off that vendor because you had to kill that one rabbit every day for twenty years. Night and day, right?

Not really...

1. Renown isn't a currency - you can't buy stuff with it.
    2. Anima is part of the whole plot/story.
    3. Stygia is specific to a single optional NPC
    4. Soul Ash is specific to a single NPC and once done is finished with.
    5. None of them require any grind, they all fall in your pocket just by doing normal stuff.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

*then

Also, lmao. If it's a progression then it's right thing to get as many upgrade as possible. But I wouldn't expect a normal raider to comprehend that.

Why would I? If I had the BIS legendary that was BIS and now it's not? What's the point of doing Torghast if you already had your BIS legendary, lol

What? lol

If you are always discussing with arguments that are based on your own assumptions and fantasy, then you really should seek some kind of help.
    If you are doing progression raiding you have 226 items to slot sockets into. You arent making much sense tbf

If you are doing progression raiding you have 226 items to slot sockets into. You arent making much sense tbf
    220ilvl items(that are th best items I could get for now) from M+ + socket < 226 ilvl items from mythic/weekly cache + socket

It's not that hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I agree about that only regarding the Renown since you can passively get it by doing content (dunno if you get on pvp content though). My experience with Anima is that you need to go after it (WQs etc) otherwise the passive gain is somewhat limited - or let's say not enough. However it's not needed for anything non-cosmetic.

Stygia and Soul Ash are impacting performance. Stygia can increase your performance with the extra sockets and Soul Ash is mandatory currency. Your point didn't touch all aspects of the currencies we farm now.
    How long has it been since we haven't had an expansion with a ring or cloak or necklace that didn't require us to invest 5-10 hours into questing every patch just to obtain/upgrade?

It's always been the same grind.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I to can not wait For tbc where I only need to track my,

Badges of justice
    Mark of honor hold
    Soul shards
    Glow caps
    Halaa battle tokens.

And more, surely a simpler time.

Spirit Shards
    Mark of Honor Hold
    Glowcap
    Arcane Rune
    Holy Dust
    Halaa battle token
    Halaa research token
    Sunmote
    Unidentified plant parts
    Uncatalogued species
    Coulfang Armaments
    All the shit from sporeggar(cba to write it down)
    Mark of KJ
    Mark of Sarg
    Fel Armament
    Arcane Tome
    Arakkoa Feather
    Obsidian Warbeads
    Oshu'gun Crystal fragments
    Zaxxis Insignia

Probably missing some.
    And how many of those actually were needed to stay up to date in the games current systems at the time?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

220ilvl items(that are th best items I could get for now) from M+ + socket < 226 ilvl items from mythic/weekly cache + socket

It's not that hard to understand.
    And if you're playing at the level where that matters, you had far worse in previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Currencies and systems. Systems and currencies.
    What is most appealing to me about TBC is getting away from all the convoluted systems and currencies. The game was a lot easier to grasp back then and it didn't feel like you had a gazillion plates you had to spin to keep your character going.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather play something new. TBC isn't super interesting since I've already done it but the design philosophies of modern WoW are just so off putting.

I miss the days when you had your talent tree, you had your gear and you had your gold. That was all you had to worry about. If you wanted to do more you had reputations and professions to work on that ended once they were done. At the very most I think we should have a PvP currency like honor and a PvE currency like valor.
    No, the problem is you. Its not hard to understand what these 4 currencies are used for.

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    And how many of those actually were needed to stay up to date in the games current systems at the time?
    Still more than you do now. Anima you don't actually need, Renown isn't a currency in the first place. So that leaves you with 2 at most in SL. Many classes don't actually need more than 4-5 weeks of Soul Ash and Stygia is only useful if you have a socketable item without a socket.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    None of these were needed to play the endgame. Only some were favored for reputation. Did you even try to read what OP is saying?
    Stygia = not needed for endgame
    Anima = not needed for endgame
    Renown = due to catch-up mechanics you're max Renown in a matter of days of just playing the game, so no farming/chores needed
    Soul Ash = you literally only "need" 5k, which is ~5 hours of playing Torghast over the span of 5 weeks

Shadowlands has literally the lowest amount of chores and "required" currencies in years.

Renown - If you actively farmed this (2 weeklies and the campaign), and actually play the game, it's been capped. If it's not capped yet, you don't need it to be.
    Valor - Only really need this if you have Keystone Master, and if you do, it's likely a non-issue, otherwise you don't need it.
    Anima - There is no point in farming this, just get it passivly.
    Soul ash - Unless you're trying to collect all the max legendaries or play every spec of you character and want multiple ones for different types of content, you haven't needed to farm this in while unless you didn't keep up on it initially, takes about an hour a week, 4 weeks to get a max legendary, it's not that bad.
    Stygia - this one sucks, but if you are doing content where the sockets make an actual difference, you probably already have enough. If you are not doing content in which sockets will make or break you, then just learning how to play your character better is likely more impactful than a few sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Compher View Post
    Renown - If you actively farmed this (2 weeklies and the campaign), and actually play the game, it's been capped. If it's not capped yet, you don't need it to be.
    Valor - Only really need this if you have Keystone Master, and if you do, it's likely a non-issue, otherwise you don't need it.
    Anima - There is no point in farming this, just get it passivly.
    Soul ash - Unless you're trying to collect all the max legendaries or play every spec of you character and want multiple ones for different types of content, you haven't needed to farm this in while unless you didn't keep up on it initially, takes about an hour a week, 4 weeks to get a max legendary, it's not that bad.
    Stygia - this one sucks, but if you are doing content where the sockets make an actual difference, you probably already have enough. If you are not doing content in which sockets will make or break you, then just learning how to play your character better is likely more impactful than a few sockets.
    This has actively killed my desire to make alts this expansion. I have little interest in the easier modes of the game that isn't me being petty but after you played the hardest difficulty for over a decade easier modes of difficulty just dont offer much enjoyment.

I utterly despise how time gated the game has become. It started in mop with the "everyone gets a leggo" time gate and its only grown more and more out of control from there. I long for the days when you got all your passive power at level cap and then just got gear. I'm tempted by TBC but to be frank I beat tbc once and given how easy classic was I don't think I can cross the same river twice.

I just wish wow was more focused on the games content and less invested in considering filling a bar as content.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Hey, add Valor Points. And god knows what they'll introduce with 9.1 to keep you busy. Oh, you forgot Conduit energy. And then there are all the other collectible resources...
    I ran out of space. Titles can only be so long

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    We consume content faster than they can make it, generally, within reason, regardless of how many currencies there are.
    Don't you think they should focus on making more content then instead of spending ridiculous amounts of time on systems and all the balancing issues that comes with them?

Anima, Stygia, renown, Soul Ash .... and don't forget the Grateful Offerings which they don't even bother to give an accurate explanation of how to get them. But yeah, the grinding is extreme this time. I am no collector but obviously I still want to get the Necro renown leather set, but damn is gonna take long.