Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    None of these were needed to play the endgame. Only some were favored for reputation. Did you even try to read what OP is saying?
    Out of what was mentioned in the OP, only 2 items are 100% needed for end-game content - Soul Ash and Renown.

Renown itself is not a grind - It WAS timegated, but now you can get renown in a week by just doing normal gameplay + campaign.

Soul Ash is also similar in that it's timegated rather then a grind.

Stygia/Anima IS a grind - Anima has extremely limited impact on player power and serves only as a catch-up mechanism for alts and newer players. Otherwise it's either QoL or vanity.

Stygia is an extreme grind, but also not one that really matters except for cutting edge WF - And even then only like 2 guilds actually grinded the stygia needed? It's more of an exercise in how much ppl are willing to pursue that .01% throughput increase - Enough to suffer through the maw on a daily basis for several months straight, or just enough to get a socket for your legendary? Not a single group is going to kick you because you didn't have all of the Stygia sockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Hearing this same argument every patch/expansion is pretty tiring.

Yes, there's a couple currencies for different things. Are you like 50 IQ to be confused about it? It's pretty clear which currency is used for what. I don't see a problem. The opposite actually - I feel it sucks so many things are just bought with anima in SL. Some variety and some more currencies that you get in different ways would be welcome.

What is the dream situation for people who complain about this? Having just 1 currency for every single thing in the game period?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

No I don't get exhausted because like every normal person I can count to 4 and comprehend 4 diferent things.

If you have difficulty doing that, maybe WoW isn't game for you and you should try something less challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    If 220 is the best you can get for now you arent doing proper m+ and you arent done progressing through hc nathria.
    213 from most of castle nathria, 220 from the last two bosses on hc.

If 220 is the best you can get for now you arent doing proper m+
    226 from mythic+ vault each week.

Vault items are heavy RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    And you dont need to get renown, or soul ash, or anima, or stygia to play the game right now, to unlock yoru charecter.

- - - Updated - - -

except that is literally what OP did, by including fucking renown as a "currency"
    Uh. Did you play SL?

You dont need any of the current currencies to play your character. Some of them unlock power and items just like the tbc ones does.

If you dont want to play the game to become stronger hten go play mario

- - - Updated - - -

If you have a bis item before lucky rng from the vault or an item that you cant get because you havent progressed to mythic denathrius then there is no problem upgrading it with a socket.

So wtf is the problem exactly? Either itsa good item for you, and you socket it, or its not, and you dont.

Stop whining

i think 99% of you ppl play just casualy to just "acomplish" daily activities, some of us are not.

if you think soul ash legendary items, renown talent tree or stygia gem slots/soulbinds are not game changing you are probably blind - or u just play for the daily activities again

there were always some systems that developed/improved over the time, but since legion game is just overflood with it
    SL is way better than bfa, and its probably gonna be better in 9.1 even more, but still its not in resonable spot right now
    playing 1 char is kinda ok, if u have 1 alt its starting to feel really exhausting, i dont want the game to be a second job just keep my chars "updated" i dont mean fully 100% pushed in every possible way, but having like 50% of my char just because im not doing hours of weekly hores
    in tbc wotlk cata mop wod i could have 10 alts and if i was better than someone i had them better proggressed, not because i spent 123123132 hours doing daily boring stuff
    Last edited by heheszek; 2021-04-15 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heheszek View Post
    i think 99% of you ppl play just casualy to just "acomplish" daily activities, some of us are not.

if you think soul ash legendary items, renown talent tree or stygia gem slots/soulbinds are not game changing you are probably blind - or u just play for the daily activities again
    if you think getting your badge gear, enchants, gems, and reps are not game changing, you are probably blind - or u just play for the daily activities again.

no i don't care about the amount of currencies. kinda gotten used to every little thing having it's own currency by now.

the things that annoy me is that there are now two broad categories of currency:
    -the type that gets reset/obsolete/removed in the next patch, where farming more than you need and especially preparing for the future is wasted time. (usually related to player power)
    -the type that gets progressively easier and easier to acquire in future patches, where farming it right now is wasted time. (used to be for player power, but now mostly for cosmetics)

Quote Originally Posted by Antontein View Post
    No I don't get exhausted because like every normal person I can count to 4 and comprehend 4 diferent things.

If you have difficulty doing that, maybe WoW isn't game for you and you should try something less challenging.
    Most people have already left. How much lower do you want the playerbase to go? 500k? 250k?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Most people have already left. How much lower do you want the playerbase to go? 500k? 250k?
    And they certainly didn't leave because of Currencies when they were much crazier in the games heyday.

Yeah, at this point, I log in and just sit around until there are enough people online to run mythics. I stalled out on Ven'ari rep (still can't buy sockets), I stalled out on collecting soul ash (I'm at 225 on my legendary), I don't really care about valor that much since I can't get the drops I need, I'm not interested in PvP, I'm not enjoying this raid tier so... yeah.

I kind of feel like its slowly killing the game for me. Each time they add some new time waster it kills my desire to play. Ive all but abandoned alts knowing how long i would have to play to get them mythic ready.

I don't understand the push to shove trivial content onto players. If people enjoy it why can't we just let them enjoy without trying to sucker in more people?

Am I really missing some amazing experience by skipping conduit upgrades in the maw? Grinding soul ash or whatever fresh hell of a grind they are planning in 9.1?

There should definitely be less currencies outside of gold and I think it's better when it's something that goes in to your bag instead of a UI somewhere.

Three currencies but no more. One for PvP gear, one for PVE gear and use gold for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    None of these were needed to play the endgame. Only some were favored for reputation. Did you even try to read what OP is saying?
    Nothing in SL is required to play end game. Do you even understand the concept of need?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    There should definitely be less currencies outside of gold and I think it's better when it's something that goes in to your bag instead of a UI somewhere.
    No, it definitely is not. That was a major pain in the ass that wasn't worth the little gain in immersion in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    if you think getting your badge gear, enchants, gems, and reps are not game changing, you are probably blind - or u just play for the daily activities again.
    If u Play casual content Ur badge gear would matter so i guess that's why u start with it

10stamina/spellpower shoulder/head enchant is like 0.0001 of what legendary items, renown do . all other enchants and gems were available from profesions
    U were rewarded for being better not for completing daily hore activities

I have probably spent more time doing daily hore stuff on sl bfa even ttho inplayed it a little than on my entire wow 'carrer'

Renown I get by doing weekly stuff that takes 1-2 hours to get per week, until cap. Anima is the be all currency. Nothing exhausted with it.

I get Soul Ash from mission table.

Stygia? Lmao.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Nothing in SL is required to play end game. Do you even understand the concept of need?
    Unless you wanna be garbage in the game, sure.

How is Renown even considered currency?

I wonder what would happen if they just replaced every single currency with Gold. No time gating, infinitely pay to win, plain simple Gold.

Stop calling renown a currency damnit. It's more like an easy to gain rep grind.. I changed from Nightfae to Venthyr after changing spec and it took me 2 days to reach 31 again. Whatever.

My biggest grief is Torghast and Soul Ash. The idea is great but the implementation is so lazy and uninspired, that I have to assume some extras were scrapped because of timing issues. I blast through 2x8 in 30 mins or so every Wednesday and then I'm done with it for the week.

Stygia is meh. I hate the Maw with a passion but I do it regardless because I don't want to miss out on the sockets. Hearing that with 9.1 this will be gone (rumor?) is infuriating for someone who started the xpac late and actually did something so bland as the Maw constantly go grind the rep with one single npc.... Only for it to be gone shortly after unlocking it.

Dunno. I'm not a huge fan of M+ spam, I cannot commit to Mythic raiding and I'm farming HC every reset. If I didn't have alts to play I'd have like nothing actually worthwhile to do.