Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ???

Where's the shill? The guy just pointed out that a common complaint of BfA was the RNG nature of loot and the current system is a direct response to that concern. It's not always feast or famine and calling people shills for pointing out that something is the result of the nebulous feedback Blizzard "never listens to" is hardly a way to engage in a discussion.
    I mean.. I would love for them to not act like a monkey's paw all of the time...

Players : we love artifact weapon appearances but ap kinda sucks
    Blizzard: loud and clear we will remove the weapon and triple down on ap systems

Players : we dislike the rng nature of loot just let drops be drops
    blizzard : loud and clear we will lower drop rates substantially.

I would just like to see a non monkey paw style change once or twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Correct. Unsure of the connection to my post though.
    I have a feeling the effort of trying to explain it wouldn't be worth the pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Raid testing is starting the week after the ptr launches.

OT, probably tomorrow or thursday, those seem like the days testing things most often come out.
    Why is everyone saying Thursday or Wednesday? Recently things have been coming out Tuesday the earliest

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Why is everyone saying Thursday or Wednesday? Recently things have been coming out Tuesday the earliest
    Tuesday is for live changes.

Test/PTR is whenever blizzards feels like it, but they do seem to avoid Tuesday to save that day for live servers

Raid testing is starting the week after the ptr launches.

OT, probably tomorrow or thursday, those seem like the days testing things most often come out.
    No, it’s not. We get details on the raid test the week after PTR started. That’s a difference.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

^^ not this.

Blizzard releases ptrs, betas, patches etc based on when they are ready to release.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Progression system is fine.
    2. Loot drop rates are the way they are due to POPULAR demand from BfA.
    1. Nobody asked for your opinion.
    2. Wrong. Nobody asked for loot scarcity that's a blatant lie, it's something Ion himself announced to people's surprise.

Seriously you are so bitter that TF is gone you are laying the blame directly on the player base. Slurrrrppp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No, it’s not. We get details on the raid test the week after PTR started. That’s a difference.
    Yes. Sometimes raid testing happens the same week it’s announced, but a lot of the time that’s almost never the case.

Can essentially be 2 weeks after PTR’s release, which still isn’t mid may.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    1. Nobody asked for your opinion.
    2. Wrong. Nobody asked for loot scarcity that's a blatant lie, it's something Ion himself announced to people's surprise.

Seriously you are so bitter that TF is gone you are laying the blame directly on the player base. Slurrrrppp.
    People wanted loot to be more like Classic WoW’s. The issue is that: A. This isn’t classic WoW anymore. And B. They made loot even MORE SCARCE than Classic’s. Do you see the issue here?

Also, why are you being rude?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, a lot of the changes Blizzard does comes from the casual player base whining about it, or otherwise.

So yes, a lot of WoW’s shit changes are in some ways the players fault. It’s moreso Blizzards fault however for listening to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Tuesday is for live changes.

Test/PTR is whenever blizzards feels like it, but they do seem to avoid Tuesday to save that day for live servers
    Tuesday isn’t just live changes. Pretty certain TBC beta came out Tuesday/Wednesday.

PTR can come out anytime, but mostly it’s at earliest Tuesday.

People wanted loot to be more like Classic WoW’s. The issue is that: A. This isn’t classic WoW anymore. And B. They made loot even MORE SCARCE than Classic’s. Do you see the issue here?
    Which people? Is there any proof of this or is that proof firmly inside your head exclusively?

Are you capable of understanding that this game has had non-rng procced loot for far longer than it has had it?

The only objective take here is to recognize that people were tired of TF and corruption and wanted loot to be loot. Ion adding loot scarcity is entirely the decision of the devs.

Which people? Is there any proof of this or is that proof firmly inside your head exclusively?

Are you capable of understanding that this game has had non-rng procced loot for far longer than it has had it?

The only objective take here is to recognize that people were tired of TF and corruption and wanted loot to be loot. Ion adding loot scarcity is entirely the decision of the devs.
    Lots of people. Captain Grim and others have certainly talked about how BFA loot was shit, with there being so much, there being TF and WF, etc, and none of it was memorable. While in Classic, loot was more rare, yes. But because of it, the loot was more memorable.

Also, I am well aware. And, as I’ve said before, you can talk about these issues without coming across as condescending.

It really could be any day honestly, 8.3 was a monday, 8.2.5 was a thursday, 8.2 was a tues and 8.1.5 was a monday.

If BiS loot in the past required it to drop, then titanforge, thats a lot of rng which makes gearing take longer. If you remove the titanforge rng, its gonna speed up gearing. Blizz clearly doesn't want that because what keeps ppl subscribed is gaining gear over a period of time. If you cut that time in half, a lot of ppl will sub for half of the time. Obviously they weren't gonna let you fully gear in 2 months

B. They made loot even MORE SCARCE than Classic’s. Do you see the issue here?
    What are you smoking and can I have some?

2-3 pieces for 40 people vs 3 pieces for 20 is not more scarce at all, it's double the loot.

What are you smoking and can I have some?

2-3 pieces for 40 people vs 3 pieces for 20 is not more scarce at all, it's double the loot.
    Currently it’s arguably more now. But when SL launched and when CN released...

No. You got at most 2 pieces of loot the entire raid.

Currently it’s arguably more now. But when SL launched and when CN released...

No. You got at most 2 pieces of loot the entire raid.
    I used old amounts, the new amount is 4 pieces per 20 people, or upwards of FOUR times what classic had. We run with about 12 people on avg and get 3 pieces most bosses.

I didn't play classic much, but in vanilla it was common to go weeks and weeks without an upgrade.

I used old amounts, the new amount is 4 pieces per 20 people, or upwards of FOUR times what classic had. We run with about 12 people on avg and get 3 pieces most bosses.

I didn't play classic much, but in vanilla it was common to go weeks and weeks without an upgrade.
    It was like 3 pieces per boss in 40 man raids in vanilla. 3/40 = 7.5% chance.

When SL launched it was 15% chance for personal loot per boss. Recently upped to 20%. On top of conquest. On top of m+.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    It was like 3 pieces per boss in 40 man raids in vanilla. 3/40 = 7.5% chance.

When SL launched it was 15% chance for personal loot per boss. Recently upped to 20%. On top of conquest. On top of m+.
    It was between 2 and 3, if bosses dropped tier they dropped 3.

^^ not this.

Blizzard releases ptrs, betas, patches etc based on when they are ready to release.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet someone above you already proved you wrong. But you'll just defend it with a half ass statement without evidence, claiming you're right and the rest is wrong. As you usually do.

^^ not this.

- - - Updated - - -

You’re a naive little man eh

Zorbrix posted his gif half an hour ago so I guess its on for tonight.

It was between 2 and 3, if bosses dropped tier they dropped 3.
    It doesn't excuse people being intentionally hyperbolic to "prove" this idea that Blizzard wasn't responding to feedback about having too much loot in Legion/BfA and instead changed it for this forum's favorite reason the developers do anything: Because fuck you, that's why. My Druid that I played all four specs with in 8.3 had almost 75 pieces of gear in its bags. That is absolutely fucking ridiculous. I agree with the sentiment that they may have swung the pendulum too far in the opposite direction too quickly but there definitely was a large contingent of players who were asking for Blizzard to tone down the amount of gear the game rewarded because so much of it was completely useless and it made legitimate upgrades harder to distinguish.