Why can't the easy fix to Covenant Swapping be?

Why can't the easy fix to Covenant swapping be that once you reach Revered or Exalted with each Covenant that you can go to each hall and speak to the representative and swap out the Covenant. I mean you earned the "respect and trust" through gaining status with them now you should be able to reap the rewards with that you worked towards.

And yes I believe it should be an account achievement, that opens for your alts. Only caveat would be that your initial covenant is where you get the perks, ie mounts, armor xmog, weapon xmog from. You would get the Soulbind Table, Abilities.

The easy fix is: Just switch covenants. After a week you've regained your powerlevel there and if you were to rejoin your old covenant nothing is lost there.

Even easier fix: don't switch covenant.

While both of you are correct, in your own right. There is still a player base that min maxes for things as well as enjoy playing other specs of their class. What then is the point of grinding rep with anyone other than your Covenant? A piece of armor that does not matter after doing LFR? A tabard? Give reputation a meaning and purpose.

Still hate it... i would love to try the Necrolord healdruid ability or kyrian moonkin but Nightfae is so stupidly OP for Heal and Moonkins that any switch would shoot me in my foot for future Mythic progress...
    The whole system still leaves a sour taste in my mouth. And the was no RP at all. The covenants are of no consequence. The story is so short and basic it is basically negliable. I do not feel like a "nightfae"

Basic fix would be a talent row where you can choose. Done.

Blizzard is tired of giving players what they want and have dug their heels into being petty and spiteful now when a system has clearly failed.

There isn't a reason why you can't freely swap covenants like any other talent or change conduits without a cd beyond "fuck you"

bUhT mUh Rp chOicE

I understand, a bit, not the choice not being something they just want people switching between boss fights for example. But if you tossed like a CD on it that just grew as you did it more and decayed a bit over time if you didn't use it then it would solve a lot of this. The regrinding of renown isn't difficult by any means but it's boring as it gets.

I agree. Covenants suck cause of the power options and once theres 40 more levels of renown, it will suck even more.
    I just wish they would let us progress them all rather than only one. And we then could pick/activate one per spec with some sort of cooldown.

But, god forbid we are allowed to customise our characters how we want and have room to adapt to nerfs/buffs or just change for fun before the abilities get removed.
    Covenant choosing is a boring and annoying choice cause it actually removes choice.
    Would be great on a single player game and would offer replayability. On an mmo? No. Mmos are competitive and starting over is a huge time investment.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-04-16 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitedrifter View Post
    While both of you are correct, in your own right. There is still a player base that min maxes for things as well as enjoy playing other specs of their class.
    Any why exactly should everything in the game be minmaxable? It's not like we're entitled to absolutely everything being easily changed. A healthy mix of permanence and customization is probably best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be content with the ability to choose another covenant to pursue after getting max renown with my original one. Rinse and repeat for each until you can switch to your favorite covenant. May even put a weekly maximum of 1 change if you don't want players to hop around all day. Quick fix that is still grindy to discourage you to just jump into the "wrong" covenant right off the bat.
    Also it would be nice if you could swap covenant abilities among your unlocked covenants for a fee (I personally wouldn't need to because my covenant's fantasy is also the best for my class, but others may appreciate).

I am positive that someday this will be possible, maybe in the last patch of the expansion, because this fix is so easy (my idea is still on the cumbersome side so a design expert would surely do better) that it's wild to me that it's not a reality.

This is in it's core an RP game. You are supposed to choose who you are going to champion and represent. Simple as that. One covenant being slightly better than the other doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things just like any dps specc can do decent enough damage but some are better or easer blabla. It's all there so you have a choice, make that choice and stand by that choice. They even made it very very simple to change if you want to and catch up is real easy. But..you're still not happy are you? You'd like to swich covenants every day.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by