Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Nope, we aren't. One way or another we'll get through.

It's just that your logic nakedly presumes that destruction of Russia is your only goal - exactly as Russians say.

If you would believe that then you would see it as doubly true for US though.
    Oh, you will survive, as a country on par with, if you are lucky, Brazil.

It isn't Russia's destruction we are after, we are interested in your removal from the world stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Just to point it out... you have no issue agreeing with someone actively denying a genocide.
    Your choice of which genocides to accept and which to handwave as whataboutism shows your claims to be posturing rather then principled stance against genocide.

...and, given how many countries actually accept Holodomor as genocide, most of the world sees it the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your choice of which genocides to accept and which to handwave as whataboutism shows your claims to be posturing rather then principled stance against genocide.

...and, given how many countries actually accept Holodomor as genocide, most of the world sees it the same way.
    Its interesting how many former vassals of the USSR see it that way. Its almost as if those who are now free of Russian influence understand what it means to be ruled by Russia....

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, my ability to remain on topic, is absolutely abhorrent. You should ping a mod and tell them about it... it’s what I am doing after hitting “post quick reply”...

Edit:

This is confirming what we all should have known...

Russia will commit every single crime against humanity, as long as it has been done before. They think that pointing at something horrible someone else did, is an excuse or justification for them to do it again.

Look at every horror committed in human history. If you don’t want Russia to tell you what they did is just a repeated from history, might want to keep an eye on them...

Think of the worst even in history... Russia seems to think it’s justification for them to do it.

Edit 2: If you think my stroke is too wide, am talking about government, not just random posters. Just check who Russia’s state run media is blaming for their recent school shooting. I’ll give ya’ll one guess, before I check the NRA thread...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-05-13 at 12:46 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Russia will commit every single crime against humanity, as long as it has been done before. They think that pointing at something horrible someone else did, is an excuse or justification for them to do it again.
    Where do you see "do it again"?

Russia isn't much better or worse then the rest of the world powers overall. So, it's perfectly natural to ask for Russia to be judged by similar metrics.

Think of the worst even in history... Russia seems to think it’s justification for them to do it.
    Every country can produce justification for every event in their history. That's how history works, really.

Some prefer to pin it on leaders, some see it as natural results of the systems in place.

Edit 2: If you think my stroke is too wide, am talking about government, not just random posters. Just check who Russia’s state run media is blaming for their recent school shooting. I’ll give ya’ll one guess, before I check the NRA thread...
    Games, internet, gun rights - it mirrors US discourse in a lot of ways.

Would be interesting to know what's China's involvement in this case overall. For them an armed conflict in the backyards of Ukraine would be the perfect decoy to push further with their own little games on their front. Russia is surely starving for cash (exports down ~17% from 2019 to 2020), and conveniently the fellow dictator of Winnie is sitting on quite nice reserves of it.

5+ Year Old Account
    This thread is just nation bashing n has nothing to do with op n title, close it.

Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    Would be interesting to know what's China's involvement in this case overall. For them an armed conflict in the backyards of Ukraine would be the perfect decoy to push further with their own little games on their front. Russia is surely starving for cash (exports down ~17% from 2019 to 2020), and conveniently the fellow dictator of Winnie is sitting on quite nice reserves of it.
    Just got to note that Ukraine recently swindled Chinese out of their stake in Ukraine's "Motor Sych" aviation firm.

...after which Chinese delegation promptly visited Crimea.

Which has is just a direct consequence of Russia's actions. Next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Which has is just a direct consequence of Russia's actions. Next.
    Nationalizing "Motor Sych" and depriving Chinese of their stake there was "direct consequence of Russia's actions"????

In what way???

Pretty much every outlet considers that Ukraine sucking up to US.

Nationalizing "Motor Sych" and depriving Chinese of their stake there was "direct consequence of Russia's actions"????

In what way???

Pretty much every outlet considers that Ukraine sucking up to US.
    Something about breaking of ties between Russia and Ukraine following 2014? I will give you that I probably overreacted, but it would have been unlikely to involve China as long as Russia was "near".
    Take that haters.

Something about breaking of ties between Russia and Ukraine following 2014? I will give you that I probably overreacted, but it would have been unlikely to involve China as long as Russia was "near".
    I'm still not sure what your point is here. Russia is a reason China was invited in the first place?? Okay. And US is the reason why China gets kicked out now.

Ukraine looked at various sources to get funds. One of them was China. Now they begin to cut those that don't necessarily align with their "main sponsors" - namely US. In a way that is not conductive to building trust for any investments in Ukraine... not that there weren't plenty of other "horror stories".
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2021-05-24 at 11:22 AM.

I'm still not sure what your point is here. Russia is a reason China was invited in the first place?? Okay. And US is the reason why China gets kicked out now.

Ukraine looked at various sources to get funds. One of them was China. Now they begin to cut those that don't necessarily align with their "main sponsors" - namely US. In a way that is not conductive to building trust for any investments in Ukraine... not that there weren't plenty of other "horror stories".
    Point was, until 2014 there was half-dead, but still active cooperation in various spheres between Russia and Ukraine. Warship engines, remember? And from what I understand biggest ones were in airspace industry.
    Yes, not a direct point. As I said, overreacted.
    Take that haters.

Point was, until 2014 there was half-dead, but still active cooperation in various spheres between Russia and Ukraine. Warship engines, remember? And from what I understand biggest ones were in airspace industry.
    Yes, if not for Maidan winning those spheres would actually get revived in a massive Russian re-armament program.

Now they are as good as dead.

Yes, if not for Maidan winning those spheres would actually get revived in a massive Russian re-armament program.

Now they are as good as dead.
    Basic logic says that without Russia occupying Crimea and supporting rebels stuff would still continue to be sold in case of Maidan's change of president and move closer to EU. Do not dare to imply it was Maidan, not actions of Russia which caused it. Unless you seriously want to push the idea that Ukraine should have continued partnerships after Crimea.
    Take that haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    This thread is just nation bashing n has nothing to do with op n title, close it.
    This thread is more like Shalker and Easo bashing each other to no result. Worth closing either way. A fruitless flaming

Plus we have another thread for that now
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2021-05-24 at 05:48 PM.