Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

[Opinion] Cross Faction Guilds in 9.1

We all know this is the direction Blizzard is heading to resolve the imbalance created by previous mistakes. Let’s let them know we need this now and not next expansion.

Hell no. Factions should never be able to cross, ever.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Baby steps. First we need cross-faction LFG.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It happens constantly in-game, in all the books and media. It needs to happen to resolve the issues with player imbalance for raiding/M+. You can try and fight it but it’s going to happen.

I think that maybe cross faction LFG might be a great stepping stone, we currently have it with mercenaries in PVP, but cross-faction will help solve for the raid imbalance for H vs A.

If it were to happen I would imagine it would either be at the last patch of an expansion or a new expansion feature. Weather it should be done or not isn't something I am to worried about.. mostly because if it does or doesn't happen has nothing to do with me. So its either just ride with it or bounce if it ends up a disaster.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are tons of ways to approach War Mode. Most of these include players being temporarily converted to the faction of the group leader for PvP (basically the Mercenary system already in game). Players would be bound into the same systems for factions as they are now but able to be in a guild regardless of faction. You’ll be able to group or raid with anyone and in PvP you’d be converted to match the faction of your group leader (which makes for faster queues). This doesn’t effect the core game at all and promotes people to be able to play with their friends regardless of faction.

"Cross faction guilds in 9.1" right as 9.1 info starts rolling out.
    Does this qualify as dirty clcik bait?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I'd say yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Click bait or not this is always going to keep being ask because of so many reason I wanna play with my friends mythic+ and raiding ask any Alliance Mythic guild recruiter they would more often then not wanted this also to be honest the whole faction thing kind of got destroyed when they added mercenary mode

Quote Originally Posted by J1n70 View Post
    We all know this is the direction Blizzard is heading to resolve the imbalance created by previous mistakes. Let’s let them know we need this now and not next expansion.
    or, the alliance could just surrender to the horde if they wanted to play with horde.

just have, in game lore, the horde win and the alliance submitting

Well then i have bad news for you - they already do, and have for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by J1n70 View Post
    It happens constantly in-game, in all the books and media. It needs to happen to resolve the issues with player imbalance for raiding/M+. You can try and fight it but it’s going to happen.
    People persisted forever about the elimination of Pathfinder, but still Pathfinder is still around. If you want to use situations where the community outcry resulted in positive change for the game as an example, the best the community can hope for is maybe a compromise that is least impactful to people who don't want faction barriers dropped but still manages to give people who want the faction barrier dropped a little of what they want. If you want to reach a compromise with people who don't want the faction barrier to fall, we first need to find agreeable definition and terms by which can be safely compromised with. Without civil debate there can be no middle ground and no fair outcome for both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    People persisted forever about the elimination of Pathfinder, but still Pathfinder is still around. If you want to use situations where the community outcry resulted in positive change for the game as an example, the best the community can hope for is maybe a compromise that is least impactful to people who don't want faction barriers dropped but still manages to give people who want the faction barrier dropped a little of what they want. If you want to reach a compromise with people who don't want the faction barrier to fall, we first need to find agreeable definition and terms by which can be safely compromised with. Without civil debate there can be no middle ground and no fair outcome for both parties.
    Pathfinder is hardly the best example. The people who favor flying went from buying it instantly at max level in MoP to developers initially planning to do away with flying entirely moving forward. WoD was never supposed to have flying at all. There's a reason why they had to retroactively fit flying in with patch 6.2.2 despite the Pathfinder achievement (the original flying compromise) being added in 6.2.

Developers initially said going into WoD that flying would arrive in a later patch but then revealed sometime during the expansion that they had no plans to reintroduce flying. The outcry was so strong that Blizzard had to cave and introduced Pathfinder as the compromise we've come to know. And even that compromise doesn't satisfy the flying camp who want flying immediately.

Unfortunately there's no placating both groups, and the lack of flying is as much a desire from Blizzard to slow down players during the expansion launch. So Pathfinder will remain and is in fact a perfectly good example of Blizzard compromising with the desire of the general playerbase. If not for the massive outcry from players, we wouldn't even have flying in the form of Pathfinder.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Or more to do with increase traffic/hype with patch content to make the topic more relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

All in all, I’m pro for cross faction guilds, especially as they could do something in the way of making it server specific, and clearly a guild would get a choice. Meaning those that didn’t want to participate, didn’t have to. In the grand scheme of things, I would agree that this would do more to help the severe faction imbalance currently seen in the game, plus gives flexibility for people being able to play with their friends without having to sacrificing what was core to an original character.

How about they Remove Cross Realm BS and Sharding first.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    How about they Remove Cross Realm BS and Sharding first.
    You mean the things that keep smaller servers feeling alive during droughts & the larger servers actually playable during peaks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you give one single GAMEPLAY-RELATED reason as to why factions are a good idea in 2021?

The only argument I've heard against dissolving factions is "MUH FACTION PRIDE", which is quite honestly absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    You mean the things that keep smaller servers feeling alive during droughts & the larger servers actually playable during peaks?
    And no server in my experiences compared to what you said feels smaller because of what i said. Anyway. Thats not the point. I am simply stating something that have being complained about for years. You don't have to pick it apart and over analyse that...
    Last edited by Izzyfurious; 2021-04-14 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Can you give one single GAMEPLAY-RELATED reason as to why factions are a good idea in 2021?

The only argument I've heard against dissolving factions is "MUH FACTION PRIDE", which is quite honestly absurd.
    There's a reason the faction's can't speak to each other right now. They can't be civil to each other. Friends that know each other are one thing, but to abolish the lines entirely could lead to a lot of toxicity. Even with faction lines removed officially, players will still be terrible to each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Pathfinder is hardly the best example. The people who favor flying went from buying it instantly at max level in MoP to developers initially planning to do away with flying entirely moving forward. WoD was never supposed to have flying at all. There's a reason why they had to retroactively fit flying in with patch 6.2.2 despite the Pathfinder achievement (the original flying compromise) being added in 6.2.

Developers initially said going into WoD that flying would arrive in a later patch but then revealed sometime during the expansion that they had no plans to reintroduce flying. The outcry was so strong that Blizzard had to cave and introduced Pathfinder as the compromise we've come to know. And even that compromise doesn't satisfy the flying camp who want flying immediately.

Unfortunately there's no placating both groups, and the lack of flying is as much a desire from Blizzard to slow down players during the expansion launch. So Pathfinder will remain and is in fact a perfectly good example of Blizzard compromising with the desire of the general playerbase. If not for the massive outcry from players, we wouldn't even have flying in the form of Pathfinder.
    If both groups truly can't be placated, then there is no hope for peace.