Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nah, I hope they wait til 9.5 or 9.6 for cross-faction raiding.

5+ Year Old Account
    Idk whether there will be cross-faction guilds in 9.1 (I really doubt it), but I'd love to see it. You could always justify it in lore terms with A and H being officially at peace, but with hardliners on both sides (say, Genn for Alliance and Talanji for Horde) who recruit a bunch of CHAMPYUNS to do their bidding, aka War Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    There's a reason the faction's can't speak to each other right now. They can't be civil to each other. Friends that know each other are one thing, but to abolish the lines entirely could lead to a lot of toxicity. Even with faction lines removed officially, players will still be terrible to each other.
    People are terrible to eachother now DESPITE faction ties...wouldn't be any different

Won’t happen until the game is publicly dead. Blizz will ride the server and faction transfers even at the expense of the health of the remaining game population.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Won’t happen until the game is publicly dead. Blizz will ride the server and faction transfers even at the expense of the health of the remaining game population.
    I really hope this isn’t the case.

Quote Originally Posted by J1n70 View Post
    I really hope this isn’t the case.
    Their intense fascination at holding off on requested quality of life/sensible grind tuning changes (legion lego vendor, essence vendor, corruption vendor, island vendor, etc) since beginning of the expansion until the grind is worthless or the end of the expansion, has led me to be pessimistic when it comes to this talking point.

They make more money than ever with micro-transactions so as long as they can keep the quarterly tempo going they won’t change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    People are terrible to eachother now DESPITE faction ties...wouldn't be any different
    Allowing for a more toxic community just because toxicity already exists is a wild take.
    Can't say I think that would result in a better user experience, though.
    I think that just makes things worse for everyone.

Gameplay wise, faction have no meaning. Sure, they don't have to disappear and all become a big happy familiy, but its been from years ago that the story of every single expansion pans out to be "big baddie wants to kill us all, we must join forces to defeat him".

Guilds are just groups of players. What does it change if your friend undead dk can group up with you night elf druid for a raid istance or a dungeon?

Obviously it's restricted to the chat and istanced content. Open world will work the same (so war mode players can still attack each other and so on).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Allowing for a more toxic community just because toxicity already exists is a wild take.
    Can't say I think that would result in a better user experience, though.
    I think that just makes things worse for everyone.
    But in reality it wouldn't get any more toxic than it already is. Even then from a PVE standpoint the benefits would vastly outweigh the consequences. Double the recruitment pool, wider variety of races for players to pick from to raid as, end the constant bitching of Horde or Alliance superiority in PVE cause lets face it faction barely matters in PVP outside of unranked Battlegrounds and War Mode of which neither would change outside of people being able to trash talk eachother (of which Blood Elves, Void Elves, and Demon Hunters already can just half the population doesn't realize there's a language option). In return though cross faction Arena Teams and rated BG teams would probably be a huge boon to the pvp population (those are often HvH and AvA anyway) Hell it even works in a lore standpoint since the most famous arena team in Lore is a Human, a Blood Elf, and a Night Elf

10+ Year Old Account
    The last comment we got from Blizzard about this was "never say never" .. Which means "We have absolutely no plan to do this, but when the game is in the shit we might"

While it would make sense in many ways, like us being able to be on battle tag and friendslists anyway, it's unlikely they will do anything about it. A large part of the playerbase are fanatic morons that actually live this video game tribal culture shit (*). If they ever do it would expect it starting from realID/battle tag friendships first and then maybe expanding to part of guilds or more likely communities first.

(*) Edit: To clarify, I don't think people insulting one another would be big issue here, I think the issue is that these small minded people would perceive any change to the outdated and rigid faction design as a personal slight and would cry us never before seen rivers.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-04-14 at 05:47 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    While it would make sense in many ways, like us being able to be on battle tag and friendslists anyway, it's unlikely they will do anything about it. A large part of the playerbase are fanatic morons that actually live this video game tribal culture shit
    Don't think that big of the playerbase see's it that way anymore. Like if we were back in Vanilla-WoTLK days I'd totally see it but..these days I don't think too many people care THAT much about the faction thing. Casuals more or less do their own thing and the hardcore mearly complain about recruitment pools and RP players have been getting around the faction barrier for years

Don't think that big of the playerbase see's it that way anymore. Like if we were back in Vanilla-WoTLK days I'd totally see it but..these days I don't think too many people care THAT much about the faction thing. Casuals more or less do their own thing and the hardcore mearly complain about recruitment pools and RP players have been getting around the faction barrier for years
    From my personal experience I would say it's still at least 20-30% on horde and I doubt alliance has none what so ever, so my guss would be like 10-20% overall still. Obviously not all off them would be willing to form lynch mobs, but I could see many still being pissed about breaking their simple red vs blue world.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imo just make it an option like Warmode.
    Call it .. Lovemode.
    I would vote yes for that.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

We all know this is the direction Blizzard is heading to resolve the imbalance created by previous mistakes. Let’s let them know we need this now and not next expansion.
    No. Eventually maybe. But i don't want them to shove it in without any lore backing the change.

Also we do NOT know they are heading that way. Everything they said about this was directly opposing it!

The imbalance is not in number. Horde and Alliance are quite balanced in that regard. It is onyl the top end that has a difference. The normal player is not affected by it and most alliance high end guilds tend to go to one server. Like Antonidas in eu german.

FIRST: make the lore reflecting the change. There is no reason whatsover why forsaken and Nightelves would not kill each other on sight. Or Zandalari and any alliance race. Orcs and Humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    From my personal experience I would say it's still at least 20-30% on horde and I doubt alliance has none what so ever, so my guss would be like 10-20% overall still. Obviously not all off them would be willing to form lynch mobs, but I could see many still being pissed about breaking their simple red vs blue world.
    Well even if that's the case..more of the playerbase left for less and as I said the benefits would way outweigh the consequences. Hell if the biggest problem is people playing wow will be assholes to eachother. Fuck people were being assholes to eachother because Blizzard DARED to release a transmog helmet in the shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    FIRST: make the lore reflecting the change. There is no reason whatsover why forsaken and Nightelves would not kill each other on sight. Or Zandalari and any alliance race. Orcs and Humans.
    Same as how Everquest did it. Every race hated the Iksar and the Iksar hated everyone else...but the players were able to play with them just fine they just die on sight if they enter a major city or if you enter the Iksar city. Hell you could even gain rep with the "opposing city' and they eventually WONT kill you on sight

Well even if that's the case..more of the playerbase left for less and as I said the benefits would way outweigh the consequences. Hell if the biggest problem is people playing wow will be assholes to eachother. Fuck people were being assholes to eachother because Blizzard DARED to release a transmog helmet in the shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Same as how Everquest did it. Every race hated the Iksar and the Iksar hated everyone else...but the players were able to play with them just fine they just die on sight if they enter a major city or if you enter the Iksar city. Hell you could even gain rep with the "opposing city' and they eventually WONT kill you on sight
    Sounds stupid tbh. You cannot just "rep-away" the fact that the horde killed nearly every nightelve there was. Or that the alliance invaded the city and killed their king. Right now there is no mending that.
    Without lore quests it will not be solved with rep grinding. That is just a cheap way to say "Oh nevermind you killed my whole family, you killed more people i don't like i forgive you"

The whole horde vs alliance is so embedded in wow it is hard to circumvent. People flip there shits if one thing is not 100% lore accurat and scream RETCON from the top of their lungs. With that it will make everything worse if they don't give a real reason for why we are able to do it.
    There is decades of hate between the races with a huge war which JUST ended. In no way it would be believable anyone would work with the other side.

Explain why we can play together over 2-3 expansions and i am on board with it. Disable horde/alliance mechanics and just let every race be their own entity with different politics and a sort of UN.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Sounds stupid tbh. You cannot just "rep-away" the fact that the horde killed nearly every nightelve there was. Or that the alliance invaded the city and killed their king. Right now there is no mending that.
    Without lore quests it will not be solved with rep grinding. That is just a cheap way to say "Oh nevermind you killed my whole family, you killed more people i don't like i forgive you"
    In reality we don't really HAVE to....
    Unrated BGs and warmode serve as the war but there isn't a whole lot stopping a night elf from accepting an Undead's help to stop a universe ending threat as a temporary truce. Shit Tyrande doesn't have to like shit but that doesn't stop Bob the Night Elf Death Knight from accepting help from Jimmy the Forsaken Death Knight (as technically they are in the same faction)

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, crossfaction PVE is one of the few things that might lure me back to retail for a while.

We all know this is the direction Blizzard is heading to resolve the imbalance created by previous mistakes. Let’s let them know we need this now and not next expansion.
    Cross faction died with 8.0