Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I really wish Blizzard had the balls to tell 99.9% of their playerbase that whatever idea they think is best for this game is pants-on-head retarded, has no chance of ever becoming a reality and that a sample size of "some dudes in my Discord server" isn't a surmountable reason for them to immediately reverse course on the entire direction the game is taking. That's the transparency the developers need to give us. Sadly, I don't see that happening any time in the future.
    99.9% of the playerbase is a lot (I mean, obviously this is hyperbole). If everyone is agreeing so wholeheartedly on one direction it's important that a step be taken back to understand the situation more. Something really core must be wrong for the experience to be so universally despised to a point where all players seem to agree there's a problem. Now obviously it's one thing if devs are hand-tied into trying to fix a specific problem, and if they really think this was the best fix to the proposed problem before... but, if all the playerbase is having a negative experience, which of the two problems at that point is greater should probably be re-examined. Of course, this is all ideal, and obviously not all universally agreed upon community perceptions are always right... but if everyone is having a bad time, something should change, even if it's going back a couple steps so things are less bad. It's unfortunate when there isn't a perfect solution to appease all parties -- especially if devs are in such a state that they are being told to find a solution to a problem... so, limitations in this way may be a reality that gets in the way of actually satisfying the user. But, I think to wrap things back around, being transparent about THAT is probably what I'd like to see more of. Just telling players that something is the best solution to the given problem doesn't paint the entire picture and isn't as comprehensive to the entire set of issues.

With some limitations, sure. BGs should still be faction based. They could introduce class based teams game modes (or Covenant based), were cross faction happens.
    Major cities shouldn't be cross faction, Sanctuaries would lose their importance.
    World PvP would be still a thing thanks to War Mode.
    For everything else, Dungeons, Raids, trades, mailing, questing I see no problem. I'd be more willing to play Alliance.

The problem of faction imbalance is that it's a trend and not a static situation. It's a slow but consistent flow of players going to the more populated servers and most populated sides because it just makes easier playing the game.

More players = more stable guilds, more active pugging (which is a thing for a lot of players), lower prices in ah for consumables etc. There are a number of straight advantages about playing on the "right" side.

I'm pro cross-faction guilds. Factions need to stay, they cannot remove them at all. But PvE wise it makes sense to open up grouping for istanced content - if they really want to solve the issue about faction imbalance.

There's no easy solution. If something like this happens, it will be game changing and will make many people mad. On the the other side you have a non ideal situation but olayers are used to it and doing nothing will keep things running for a while.

I suppose they're postponing something like this to the day one faction is clearly unable to do relevamt content, but i don't think it'll ever happen.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    BGs should still be faction based.
    Uh, you don't know that this is the game mode that is already cross-faction enabled? Look up "mercenary mode". Yeah, you CAN play WITH opposite faction in PvP, but for some stupid reason can't do that in PvE.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: SR13-AntiSpam * Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by J1n70 View Post
    We all know this is the direction Blizzard is heading to resolve the imbalance created by previous mistakes. Let’s let them know we need this now and not next expansion.
    Didn't we have this thread two years ago when "we all know blizzard is going down this road". I'm not against.the idea but stop pretending that blizzard is close to implementing this. If they were we would have it by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Uh, you don't know that this is the game mode that is already cross-faction enabled? Look up "mercenary mode". Yeah, you CAN play WITH opposite faction in PvP, but for some stupid reason can't do that in PvE.
    Yeah, I know about Merc Mode. But iirc you are unable to use your horde racials. I wouldn't call that cross faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Allowing for a more toxic community just because toxicity already exists is a wild take.
    Can't say I think that would result in a better user experience, though.
    I think that just makes things worse for everyone.
    It's not allowing for a more toxic experience. It will be literally the same experience. And if you can group with everyone, there is *less* reason for toxicity, for everyone.

That old argument from pre-vanila days is really tired and time has really proven how moot it is.

EDIT: And of course MMOC again hides multiple pages of a thread from me until I post...

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    With some limitations, sure. BGs should still be faction based. They could introduce class based teams game modes (or Covenant based), were cross faction happens.
    Major cities shouldn't be cross faction, Sanctuaries would lose their importance.
    World PvP would be still a thing thanks to War Mode.
    For everything else, Dungeons, Raids, trades, mailing, questing I see no problem. I'd be more willing to play Alliance.
    BGs right now are actually the only thing that isn't faction based thanks to merc mode which is kind of hilarious and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalontas View Post
    It's not allowing for a more toxic experience. It will be literally the same experience. And if you can group with everyone, there is *less* reason for toxicity, for everyone.

That old argument from pre-vanila days is really tired and time has really proven how moot it is.

EDIT: And of course MMOC again hides multiple pages of a thread from me until I post...
    Tauren punting Gnomes. Seems pretty obvious these kinds of negative experiences that can happen. People ninja pulling to wipe other faction, etc.

Mechagnome
    Ain't gonna happen. Much less 9.1. /dangthreadbait...

But I do wish they'd let us have cross-server GUILDS. For the servers that already share their sharding space and group together, etc. Just let us join guilds across these servers too - dangit! WHY NOT! GAH!

(And I don't mean the 'chat groups' you can join cross-server; but regular guild functions/tabards/etc. across servers.)
    Last edited by Koriani; 2021-04-22 at 06:29 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Tauren punting Gnomes. Seems pretty obvious these kinds of negative experiences that can happen. People ninja pulling to wipe other faction, etc.
    You're joking, right? I mean, the punting gnomes comment... And if you can group up with the other faction there's no reason to "ninja pull to wipe the other faction". Since you can just group up with them and you both get the credit. They are functionally the same faction in your every day gameplay.

Faction restrictions should have been lifted with patch 5.4.

. - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalontas View Post
    You're joking, right? I mean, the punting gnomes comment... And if you can group up with the other faction there's no reason to "ninja pull to wipe the other faction". Since you can just group up with them and you both get the credit. They are functionally the same faction in your every day gameplay.
    People won't see it that way. They'll hold onto the same bitter hatreds they always have for years. If they want to experiment with dropping the communication barrier entirely and see if that improves interactions between players and it worked then I'd say you would have made a believer out of me. But as things are now, without proper easing into it I don't think the community would react well to such a large sudden change as flipping the entire faction system which has been here since day 1. It's a huge thing to potentially get wrong, they'd have to make damn sure they got it right.

What would the impact be? How could it go wrong? Barring obvious implementation mistakes like allowing cross-faction grouping and chat in war mode or instanced PvP, there's no way it could backfire.

People won't see it that way. They'll hold onto the same bitter hatreds they always have for years. If they want to experiment with dropping the communication barrier entirely and see if that improves interactions between players and it worked then I'd say you would have made a believer out of me. But as things are now, without proper easing into it I don't think the community would react well to such a large sudden change as flipping the entire faction system which has been here since day 1. It's a huge thing to potentially get wrong, they'd have to make damn sure they got it right.
    Will they? That's a huge assumption with little basis to it.

The only reason people are hostile to the other faction is because their success hampers their own. You can see with mobs whose tap is shared between factions. When everyone there can benefit, I never see any hostility. And when the tap is one player only, suddenly hostility erupts among the same faction.

People don't actually care about the factions. They care about getting their quest objectives done.

High Overlord
    lol then we ned cross faction battlegrounds... oh wait!