Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Uh, you don't know that this is the game mode that is already cross-faction enabled? Look up "mercenary mode". Yeah, you CAN play WITH opposite faction in PvP, but for some stupid reason can't do that in PvE.
    Yeah, I know about Merc Mode. But iirc you are unable to use your horde racials. I wouldn't call that cross faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Allowing for a more toxic community just because toxicity already exists is a wild take.
    Can't say I think that would result in a better user experience, though.
    I think that just makes things worse for everyone.
    It's not allowing for a more toxic experience. It will be literally the same experience. And if you can group with everyone, there is *less* reason for toxicity, for everyone.

That old argument from pre-vanila days is really tired and time has really proven how moot it is.

EDIT: And of course MMOC again hides multiple pages of a thread from me until I post...

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    With some limitations, sure. BGs should still be faction based. They could introduce class based teams game modes (or Covenant based), were cross faction happens.
    Major cities shouldn't be cross faction, Sanctuaries would lose their importance.
    World PvP would be still a thing thanks to War Mode.
    For everything else, Dungeons, Raids, trades, mailing, questing I see no problem. I'd be more willing to play Alliance.
    BGs right now are actually the only thing that isn't faction based thanks to merc mode which is kind of hilarious and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalontas View Post
    It's not allowing for a more toxic experience. It will be literally the same experience. And if you can group with everyone, there is *less* reason for toxicity, for everyone.

That old argument from pre-vanila days is really tired and time has really proven how moot it is.

EDIT: And of course MMOC again hides multiple pages of a thread from me until I post...
    Tauren punting Gnomes. Seems pretty obvious these kinds of negative experiences that can happen. People ninja pulling to wipe other faction, etc.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ain't gonna happen. Much less 9.1. /dangthreadbait...

But I do wish they'd let us have cross-server GUILDS. For the servers that already share their sharding space and group together, etc. Just let us join guilds across these servers too - dangit! WHY NOT! GAH!

(And I don't mean the 'chat groups' you can join cross-server; but regular guild functions/tabards/etc. across servers.)
    Last edited by Koriani; 2021-04-22 at 06:29 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Tauren punting Gnomes. Seems pretty obvious these kinds of negative experiences that can happen. People ninja pulling to wipe other faction, etc.
    You're joking, right? I mean, the punting gnomes comment... And if you can group up with the other faction there's no reason to "ninja pull to wipe the other faction". Since you can just group up with them and you both get the credit. They are functionally the same faction in your every day gameplay.

Faction restrictions should have been lifted with patch 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalontas View Post
    You're joking, right? I mean, the punting gnomes comment... And if you can group up with the other faction there's no reason to "ninja pull to wipe the other faction". Since you can just group up with them and you both get the credit. They are functionally the same faction in your every day gameplay.
    People won't see it that way. They'll hold onto the same bitter hatreds they always have for years. If they want to experiment with dropping the communication barrier entirely and see if that improves interactions between players and it worked then I'd say you would have made a believer out of me. But as things are now, without proper easing into it I don't think the community would react well to such a large sudden change as flipping the entire faction system which has been here since day 1. It's a huge thing to potentially get wrong, they'd have to make damn sure they got it right.

What would the impact be? How could it go wrong? Barring obvious implementation mistakes like allowing cross-faction grouping and chat in war mode or instanced PvP, there's no way it could backfire.

People won't see it that way. They'll hold onto the same bitter hatreds they always have for years. If they want to experiment with dropping the communication barrier entirely and see if that improves interactions between players and it worked then I'd say you would have made a believer out of me. But as things are now, without proper easing into it I don't think the community would react well to such a large sudden change as flipping the entire faction system which has been here since day 1. It's a huge thing to potentially get wrong, they'd have to make damn sure they got it right.
    Will they? That's a huge assumption with little basis to it.

The only reason people are hostile to the other faction is because their success hampers their own. You can see with mobs whose tap is shared between factions. When everyone there can benefit, I never see any hostility. And when the tap is one player only, suddenly hostility erupts among the same faction.

People don't actually care about the factions. They care about getting their quest objectives done.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    lol then we ned cross faction battlegrounds... oh wait!