Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I have an age and I am very critical about myself. I ran some guild runs also and the first times I was very worried about me being the issue after all, but I’ve always timed them and I’ve been always told I was perfectly fine (I’m new to the guild, they have no interest in tell me I’m good if I’m bad).

Of course I am far from being perfect and I make my mistakes but when you see at the end of the run that you failed it with only 1 wipe and all the dps with a whooping 3.5k average in a +14, it’s quite clear why we didn’t make it in time. And I can assure you that 9 on 10 of my non timed run are due to dps not dpsing.
    I'd love to see your raider.io profile to take a look at your depleted runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    you will never get better at this game or anything in life, honestly, if you just point your finger away and blame others. With everything that happens, you can always look back and reflect on what mistakes you made. A few days ago I was in NW+14 with my rshaman alt. The tank didn't kite the hard hitting abomination trash and ate one armor crushing hit after the next one and eventually died because he was unhealable. Whose fault was it? His obviously, he didn't kite and let the stacks fall off. But I also didn't use my Spirit Link Totem which would've easily saved him. So it was my fault as much as his. Honestly, even more than his. He died while I had unused cooldowns.

I can guarantee you, if you recorded your gameplay and uploaded it, you'd find plenty of mistakes that you didn't even realize you were making while playing. You are so focused on all the mistakes the others make, you don't see your own.
    I already replied to this. I know I make mistakes, I know what mistakes and I try always to improve but I’m also tired to continue blaming myself like I did until making guild runs made me realize that, surprise, I wasn’t the issue after all.

When I enter a 14 and I see that after 5 minutes my hps is above 4k, my damage is near zero and all dps are below 4K I will easily predict we will fail and no, sorry, it won’t be my fault. I will surely make my mistakes and maybe won’t save some random dps deaths here and there but the major issues lie somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Is that your main? Or do you have a nice main’s io: 1500 on your profile? Because that makes an enormous difference.
    My main is 1345 frost dk. Wasnt 50% fail rate when pugging thru 13s on that char either

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    i did a +14 for my druid yesterday...

they popped their cds before ingra was taking more damage... then they made some comments about boomkins damage and convoke after the first boss because i was doing like 70% of the groups damage on ingra... they would have been closer to my damage if they didn't pop cds before ingra was taking more damage...

took ages for them to kill mistcaller because they started attacking the wrong targets... the healer was running to the right target instantly... i had to combat res twice... tank didn't interrupt patty cake and died... another person ran into the rooted fox and died...

the tank did the only pull with more than one pack at a time with the gorms and nobody interrupted the shields or heals... i was the only one interrupting and moonkin interrupt is 1 min cd... the healer wasn't dispelling the shields... nor did any of the blood elves of which there were 3 in the party use arcane torrent to dispel the shields... it took us 3 minutes to kill those 2 packs... only died because i decided i had enough with the packs and decided to pop convoke + ca after my last beam...

didn't interrupt parasites on tredova...

still timed it even with their massive fuckups...
    Ya dps is very rarely the issue. The number that is. Every 15 can be pulled 1 pack at a time with like 3.5k avg dps and still time it. I've been in awful groups with still minutes to spare at the end.

I'm happy with this.

What i didn't like about raider.io is that it was game design outside the game on how points were aquired. This way blizz reigns it back into the game. I am happy with that. A 3rd party website might not be required anymore.

i did a +14 for my druid yesterday...

they popped their cds before ingra was taking more damage... then they made some comments about boomkins damage and convoke after the first boss because i was doing like 70% of the groups damage on ingra... they would have been closer to my damage if they didn't pop cds before ingra was taking more damage...

took ages for them to kill mistcaller because they started attacking the wrong targets... the healer was running to the right target instantly... i had to combat res twice... tank didn't interrupt patty cake and died... another person ran into the rooted fox and died...

the tank did the only pull with more than one pack at a time with the gorms and nobody interrupted the shields or heals... i was the only one interrupting and moonkin interrupt is 1 min cd... the healer wasn't dispelling the shields... nor did any of the blood elves of which there were 3 in the party use arcane torrent to dispel the shields... it took us 3 minutes to kill those 2 packs... only died because i decided i had enough with the packs and decided to pop convoke + ca after my last beam...

didn't interrupt parasites on tredova...

still timed it even with their massive fuckups...
    Mists, especially in forti weeks with affixes that do not buff mobs further, allows quite a lot of mistakes, especially if dps that fail mechanics can at least do decent dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Ya dps is very rarely the issue. The number that is. Every 15 can be pulled 1 pack at a time with like 3.5k avg dps and still time it. I've been in awful groups with still minutes to spare at the end.
    Yes and they can be also completed naked and blindfolded if you play pitch perfect but it’s never the case in pug.

Good luck in timing a DoS or a SD of a ToP 14 with 3.5k dps average, safe pulling also. It can be maybe done if everyone plays pitch perfect but as I said it’s never the case.

Mists, especially in forti weeks with affixes that do not buff mobs further, allows quite a lot of mistakes, especially if dps that fail mechanics can at least do decent dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes and they can be also completed naked and blindfolded if you play pitch perfect but it’s never the case in pug.

Good luck in timing a DoS or a SD of a ToP 14 with 3.5k dps average, safe pulling also. It can be maybe done if everyone plays pitch perfect but as I said it’s never the case.
    SD has a really generous timer. DoS isn't awful since it got extended, just make sure you 1 phase final to save 2 more mins on fort week bit shldnt be needed. ToP are single pulls anyway, no real way to double pull except for a few in the beginning of plague wing.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Doesn't matter about "features", it's how people use it - and people use it exactly the same. Look at the score, nothing else.
    Yep, and that is what is wrong with rio as number simply turn people into vultures while whole game mode into rat race.
    Im not getting accepted -> i push arbitrary score -> I get accepted bit more -> I want to push higher -> but im not getting accepted -> i need to push other dungeons

and the circle continues. The only way out from this madness is to make a network of friends.

So now it's basically turning people into numbers. Instead of providing basic data (like top X best dungeons) and giving more filters in finder.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

- - - Updated - - -

These days the timers are very lenient. DoS was tough back when the timer was 2 minutes shorter.

I still would love to see you raider.io profile.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yep, and that is what is wrong with rio as number simply turn people into vultures while whole game mode into rat race.
    Im not getting accepted -> i push arbitrary score -> I get accepted bit more -> I want to push higher -> but im not getting accepted -> i need to push other dungeons

and the circle continues. The only way out from this madness is to make a network of friends.

So now it's basically turning people into numbers. Instead of providing basic data (like top X best dungeons) and giving more filters in finder.
    Rio does tell you your best dungeon overall, as well as the best dungeon they are qing for. As well as number of dungeons ran in that range. All on the tooltip

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    They are not even undergeared. Good players were doing +10 keys in 180 gear at the beginning of the expansion. Players have just gotten so used to outgear content because of Titanforing that they lost all sense of appropriate gear levels. People think they need to be 220 ilvl to complete heroic raids and +15 keys. A group of good players can easily complete a +10 key in 180 gear and a +15 in 200 gear.
    +15s not +10s ^^ we farmed vault for mythic week and did a mix of 14s and 15s in time and downgraded the 16s and after the vault was caped we switched to +10s on mains only.
    All this with a 190-195 ilvl and class stacking, we didnt had fire mages and boomkins faceroll +15s like you do now lol, my 3 raid chars this tier are DH (main) and Hunter, Ret as split alts so my 3 farm grps looked like this:
    1.) 3 warr and 2 pallys
    2.) 2 dhs and 3 druids
    3.) 1 DK tank 3 Hunter and 1 shaman

im still baffed how this bads cant get ksm with 220 ilvl, renown 40 and 226 conduits and blaming R.io for it.
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2021-04-16 at 12:45 PM.
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    These days the timers are very lenient. DoS was tough back when the timer was 2 minutes shorter.

I still would love to see you raider.io profile.
    Uuuh yes sorry, I forgot, it’s Zexian-Zenedar(EU).

Nothing to hide, really, feel free to provide hints/suggestions to improve. What a pity that disbanded runs are not logged (but I can understand that).

I’m not a pro by any meaning and I’m not interested in being, just wanted to try getting KSM as a personal goal, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

SD has a really generous timer. DoS isn't awful since it got extended, just make sure you 1 phase final to save 2 more mins on fort week bit shldnt be needed. ToP are single pulls anyway, no real way to double pull except for a few in the beginning of plague wing.
    My friend, I know that but I’m the guy who press random buttons when party energy bars go down, remember? I cannot lead runs, I can only hope people dps and don’t stand too much onto bad things on ground.

Yeah, more filters in finder would be a benediction. But I doubt it will ever happen.

- - - Updated - - -

you're not dpsing?
    Not much usually, too busy healing or dispelling or interrupting. I dps as much as I can but it’s rare I have many room for doing it. The only runs I could dps “for real” were guild runs.

Nothing to hide, really, feel free to provide hints/suggestions to improve. What a pity that disbanded runs are not logged (but I can understand that).

I’m not a pro by any meaning and I’m not interested in being, just wanted to try getting KSM as a personal goal, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

My friend, I know that but I’m the guy who press random buttons when party energy bars go down, remember? I cannot lead runs, I can only hope people dps and don’t stand too much onto bad things on ground.
    I do that as well but im still contributing ~1.2k dps to the run. Not amazing but definitely helps speed things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    im still baffed how this bads cant get ksm with 220 ilvl, renown 40 and 226 conduits and blaming R.io for it.
    In WoD ilvl naturally filtered out the badies because you could only obtain the highest level gear through the hardest content. And people complained that gear was "gatekeeping" them from content. Then Blizzard made Titanforging and the weekly chest to give the badies higher ilvl since they claimed this was the gatekeeping. But the badies quickly realized that even with better gear they are still "victims" to "gatekeeping"... because in the end they are still badies.

- - - Updated - - -

The only way out from this madness is to make a network of friends.
    But you can argue that this is a good and healthy thing for the game. Players should make a network of friends/guildies/teammates.

I do that as well but im still contributing ~1.2k dps to the run. Not amazing but definitely helps speed things up.
    As I said before I dps whenever I can but I usually don’t have much room for that, I’m nowhere near 1k dps I think apart from really smooth runs. Also dpsing as resto shaman is quite miserable you can only flame shock, lava surge when it procs and some chain lightning hoping you don’t have to stop cast because someone is dying.

As I said before I dps whenever I can but I usually don’t have much room for that, I’m nowhere near 1k dps I think apart from really smooth runs. Also dpsing as resto shaman is quite miserable you can only flame shock, lava surge when it procs and some chain lightning hoping you don’t have to stop cast because someone is dying.
    I dont play resto sham so can't really help much. I guess keep shock on cd, sneak in chain lightning on opener. Drop cap tot to give more time to cast. Keep riptide up for that passive healing. I understand the struggle

I dont play resto sham so can't really help much. I guess keep shock on cd, sneak in chain lightning on opener. Drop cap tot to give more time to cast. Keep riptide up for that passive healing. I understand the struggle
    The idea is
    - apply FS
    - cast CL
    - apply FS to another target to raise chances of Lava Burst procs
    - cast CL
    - apply FS to...

Use LB when it procs as instant cast, apply frost shock if you need to slow a target or kill an explosive affix, end of resto shaman dps capabilities.

I don’t complain, I’m not interested in dpsing but rshaman is clearly not a Holy Paladin or a Resto Druid dps wise.

The idea is
    - apply FS
    - cast CL
    - apply FS to another target to raise chances of Lava Burst procs
    - cast CL
    - apply FS to...

Use LB when it procs as instant cast, apply frost shock if you need to slow a target or kill an explosive affix, end of resto shaman dps capabilities.

I don’t complain, I’m not interested in dpsing but rshaman is clearly not a Holy Paladin or a Resto Druid dps wise.
    Idk if it helps at all but on my ele shaman at least, you can cast lavaburst first and spam flameshock so that it goes off immediately after lavaburst cast finishes. Flameshock hits first, so burst still crits. Useful for openers and getting the dmg out 1 gcd earlier

- - - Updated - - -

I think your biggest problem is that you're not really looking at your group members when you join a run. Like look at HoA:

Your latest run was a complete clown fiesta with two dps at 700 io and one at 1300. All three from the same guild. Clearly one player trying to carry their mates for a weekly 14.
    The run before that looked really good at first glance. But look at that moonkin. He has no track record whatsoever for lower keys. He started at 15 and has some 16s by now all with some guild mates. He's clearly benefitting from good players in his guild who pushed him through. If you looked at him ingame, his "dungeons in 10-14 range" number must've been ridiculously low. A clear sign of someone being boosted. Also the DK had not many keys done at all as dps 11 days ago. He went from only tanking some of them to dps'ing a +14 with no real dps experience.

You could have a significantly better dungeon experience if you actually used raider.io before the dungeon starts.