Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
37
... LastLast
  1. #521
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    You don't seem to understand how R.IO even works. It doesn't just show a score, and the score is often not even considered by most people when forming groups for difficult content, literally all the other information that r.IO gives is significantly more important, and oddly enough along the lines of what you seem to want.
    Dude, i used rio, extensively, not only I know how it works, I also checked their code. Read the post I was replying to.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion > ... > Eating Dust > .... > SL
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  2. #522
    The Lightbringer Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who knows.
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Dude, i used rio, extensively, not only I know how it works, I also checked their code. Read the post I was replying to.
    The post that basically said "People only look at score"? Which you followed up with something like "Yup, it's too bad RIO doesn't give more info like top X best dungeon"?

    You know r.IO like, basically does that right?

  3. #523
    i got a question, will this in game rio be for m+ only or will it should raid progression also like the addon currently does?

  4. #524
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i got a question, will this in game rio be for m+ only or will it should raid progression also like the addon currently does?
    Unclear at this point; I don't see why it wouldn't since M+ uses the same group finder as raids.

  5. #525
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    422
    Sounds like people who cant move out of graphics on the ground needs to find a new MMO. Hehe. How awful.

  6. #526
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    13,908
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    he was not wrong there. if they taken 220 pala heal instead you they would time it - because he would be able to carry their mistakes.

    i see it all time - groups colapsing in 12-14 because they take undergeared heal/tank due to not wanting to wait those few minutes and then failing.

    its ok to want to be carried . everyone who makes group in lfg want that. it just not always work .

    in this case 2 people were being boosted - you on undergeared toon and warlock who did bad dps. and it resoulted in untimed key .
    Difference is that if I had 220 gear people would still be getting globalled.
    If the dps (not just warlock) had kicked things, people wouldn't be getting globalled.

    With an actual good group, the healer doesn't matter that much. I just finished a 19 in time, and I'll gladly admit that I'm probably not ready for that, but I did less healing that run that I did in the untimed 16. Like, way less. Around 1/3rd less healing. In a 3 level higher key.

  7. #527
    Epic! Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hall of the Guardians
    Posts
    1,664
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    So now it's basically turning people into numbers. Instead of providing basic data (like top X best dungeons) and giving more filters in finder.
    Funny thing, the addon that r.io makes does that. It shows (in addition to a score), how many dungeons are done in time in multiple brackets (i.e. 5+, 10-14, 15+, 20+), and also the best dungeon (and by how much) that character has done.

    Because carrying folks to XYZ r.io score is a thing, now the metric that seasoned r.io players look for is how many dungeons are completed in that bracket. So a player with 1300 r.io score with only 8 15+ done in time (potentially a boosted player), but that other player with a similar 1300 r.io score but over 30 15+ done in time = solid player.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

  8. #528
    raiderio is a cancer in this game....great idea to let it spread

  9. #529
    I think my favorite part about this whole conversation is that the elitist douchebags are constantly blaming the more casual players for being shitty players (even when they're not). When it's all -- literally all -- of Blizzard's fault for adding timed content that actively punishes you for not finishing it. And for no good reason either; in fact, all it does is double-down on the toxic behavior people have hated about those same types of people since the beginning. ("Go go go!!!" "OMG it's all ur fault not mine I'm pro!!!!!")

    In a real world analogy, it's like all the idiots (and Republicans) blaming everything on immigrants and the poor.

    And guess what: This is only going to make it worse.
    Last edited by Something Wicked; 2021-04-20 at 02:26 AM.

  10. #530
    I cannot understand why people are such crybabies.
    Yesterday we ran a necrotic 14. it was smooth. Then we went for the spires of ascension. missed it with 2 minutes.
    I messed up 2 times. One at the start and one time at the 3rd boss. the wipe at 3rd boss cost us the key. Mind you this was my 4th run of spires. My experience is clearly lacking. THe last time I did it was 3 months ago it says on my raider.io page. Of course I am going to mess up. And I said it. I told them please do tell me when I mess up or what needs to be done. I could vaguely remember boss fights and interrupting rebellious fist on golems.

    I fucked up my own key, apologized for everybodys time. thanked them for their effort. I learnt it. I am %100 positive I can do better next time in spires.
    I can only do 1 key a week, maybe 1 more if possible at the weekends. I am missing 4 dungeons for KSM. I am %100 positive most you crying here how bad io is playing this game much much more than me. Grow a spine. Do not expect to be carried. form your own groups. Invite dps, then thank them for their patience while finding a tank and a healer. The problem starts with you and ends with you.

    I checked my io page again and I see that I have run +2 as dps on every dungeon then 6 and 7 then 10 then 11-12-13-14-15-16.
    I have played time of 11 days in total played on lvl60. Thinking that SL was released in November, 11 days is nothing but I can still do it. type /played now and tell me how many days you have played on 60? Get your priorities right instead of crying about io.

  11. #531
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I cannot understand why people are such crybabies.
    Case in point.

  12. #532
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    Case in point.
    yes all you do is crying. Did you read my experience? I have read your post. According to you I am an elitist douchebag. Is learning from your mistake, apologizing, doing some effort, working your way from 2 to 15, are these the qualities of an elitist douchebag?

    If it is, I will take that title gladly, instead of being a crybaby, who thinks he is diamond league player and only reason that he is in bronze is the terrible teammates he has. Too bad the reality is not like that.

    there is nothing toxic in pug scene. I have only experienced something of an annoying player once in bfa. that is it. even then , we could finish it it time. you are just shit. this is not toxic. It is a fact. Get better, set priorities analyze and put effort. I upgraded my key to 15 by myself.
    Last edited by Gref; 2021-04-20 at 02:56 AM.

  13. #533
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    yes all you do is crying. Did you read my experience? I have read your post. According to you I am an elitist douchebag. Is learning from your mistake, apologizing, doing some effort, working your way from 2 to 15, are these the qualities of an elitist douchebag?

    If it is, I will take that title gladly, instead of being a crybaby, who thinks he is diamond league player and only reason that he is in bronze is the terrible teammates he has. Too bad the reality is not like that.

    there is nothing toxic in pug scene. I have only experienced something of an annoying player once in bfa. that is it. even then , we could finish it it time. you are just shit. this is not toxic. It is a fact. Get better, set priorities analyze and put effort. I upgraded my key to 15 by myself.
    Love it.

    Proceeds to write a post that's the epitome of toxic, then claims there's nothing toxic about any of it.

  14. #534
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    Love it.

    Proceeds to write a post that's the epitome of toxic, then claims there's nothing toxic about any of it.
    There's nothing remotely toxic about that post; you, however, claiming that he's being toxic for pointing out the complete hypocrisy of whining about "elitist douchebags" while refusing to admit any personal accountability in the "get gud" equation... well... let's just say that the word irony doesn't quite adequately describe what's happening here.

  15. #535
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There's nothing remotely toxic about that post; you, however, claiming that he's being toxic for pointing out the complete hypocrisy of whining about "elitist douchebags" while refusing to admit any personal accountability in the "get gud" equation... well... let's just say that the word irony doesn't quite adequately describe what's happening here.
    And yet another example of exactly the type of person I'm talking about. Is there's a Dunning-Kruger Effect for hypocrisy?

    "You're all crybabies!" Clearly not toxic.

    "If it is, I will take that title gladly, instead of being a crybaby, who thinks he is diamond league player and only reason that he is in bronze is the terrible teammates he has." Nothing even remotely toxic there.

    "you are just shit." Nope, still no toxicity.

    My mistake, clearly. (That was sarcasm, by the way.)

  16. #536
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    21,592
    Knock it off with the bickering please. It is possible to discuss the topic without being rude to each other.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  17. #537
    @Something Wicked
    type /played now and tell me how long have you played on lvl 60.
    Show me your raider io page.

    I am telling you, I put effort into my keys, even with what little time I have I am 4 keys away from KSM. I told you how I messed up my chance at 15 ascension, how I acted, what I lacked, what I am going to do about it.

    What did you do? YOUR POST was before mine, you called people like me "ELITIST DOUCHEBAG".
    Look, I am 35, married for 7 years now, full time job. I can hardly do 1 key a week. I achieved this much in such a short play time. 11days total since NOVEMBER release.

    Anybody whining about ilvls or raider.io at this point in the expansion is SIMPLY bad. Here I said it in a more polite way.
    Or do you excel everything in real life? If people point out and tell you, here here this and this was bad about the thing you did, or about you,... Do you take it as valid criticism and try to improve or call them you are all elitist jerks? Totally same. Difference is I learn and put effort to it. while you are telling people using IO are shitheads and you are such an awesome person but they do not invite you.

    I can show you 23482347320 videos on youtube about those so called I am diamon but my teammates... videos. You are like them. BAD. Simply BAD.
    I am the opposite incarnation of everything you say.
    I am casual I do not have time > me to, still OCE top arms warrior.(HC, no time for mythic)
    I am casual I cannot get invite to m+ > me to, I worked my own key to 15. Raider io is that way --> go check it.
    I am actually good but do not get invited > well no shit, I think I am a good player as well but you have to prove it to others. Why they have to believe you?
    I waited 2 hours for an invite still no luck > trying being an arms warrior (bottom of dps in m+) I gave up on the idea of asking for invites long ago. I form my own group.

    You can be really good at the game but I assume
    You are bad at organizing your stuff, bad at setting priorities.
    Good at accusing other successful players, good at avoiding responsibility.

    Nobody carried me. Nobody got my gold.
    What I achieved, I achieved through my own fucking effort.

    Logs are there, raider.io is there. 11days played.
    I bet you my ass on it that you have more played than me. All these people whining.

    And let say if you have really like 4-5 days played since November, well not going above 10 is really normal. There are tons of people with more experience.
    Last edited by Gref; 2021-04-20 at 03:49 AM.

  18. #538
    I'm about 90% convinced they'll implement something worse that will replace rio anyway, just like item level replaced gearscore despite being much worse.

  19. #539
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    21,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    just like item level replaced gearscore despite being much worse.
    I really don't know why people keep saying this. Item level has existed since classic, and players were aware of it since classic. Very early on, you had to use an addon to see it displayed in tooltips but it wasn't something people were unaware of. Later they added its display inately in game, you just had to toggle it on in the interface options. Ilvl was not the result of gearscore, and it long predated gearscore, it was always the number that referred to the item budget of gear from day one.

    Gearscore died because Blizzard limited server queries, not because ilvl "replaced" it.

    ANYWAY, I do think that probably whatever Blizz implements will be much more simplified than raider.io so it wouldn't surprise me at all if people continued to use raider.io addon or site for the full breadth of information.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  20. #540
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I cannot understand why people are such crybabies.
    Yesterday we ran a necrotic 14. it was smooth. Then we went for the spires of ascension. missed it with 2 minutes.
    I messed up 2 times. One at the start and one time at the 3rd boss. the wipe at 3rd boss cost us the key. Mind you this was my 4th run of spires. My experience is clearly lacking. THe last time I did it was 3 months ago it says on my raider.io page. Of course I am going to mess up. And I said it. I told them please do tell me when I mess up or what needs to be done. I could vaguely remember boss fights and interrupting rebellious fist on golems.

    I fucked up my own key, apologized for everybodys time. thanked them for their effort. I learnt it. I am %100 positive I can do better next time in spires.
    I can only do 1 key a week, maybe 1 more if possible at the weekends. I am missing 4 dungeons for KSM. I am %100 positive most you crying here how bad io is playing this game much much more than me. Grow a spine. Do not expect to be carried. form your own groups. Invite dps, then thank them for their patience while finding a tank and a healer. The problem starts with you and ends with you.

    I checked my io page again and I see that I have run +2 as dps on every dungeon then 6 and 7 then 10 then 11-12-13-14-15-16.
    I have played time of 11 days in total played on lvl60. Thinking that SL was released in November, 11 days is nothing but I can still do it. type /played now and tell me how many days you have played on 60? Get your priorities right instead of crying about io.
    It is indeed also true that sometimes bad people happens.

    Yesterday I ran an SD 14, all fine until at second boss the tank decided it was a good idea to do second boss together with gargoyle before second boss in order not to waste 15 seconds of pride.

    Bad choice (of course), wipe. Not a single “mb” from tank. Ok no prob we ress, shroud from the bridge leading to big room before 2nd boss corridor, a dps aggro mobs by mistake, wipe, tank types “lol?” and leaves. We had still all the time in the world to finish in time since dps were good at dpsing and we were melting mobs.

    These things happen. Not sure they can be labeled as toxic behavior, but happen, I just cannot believe it never happens to “you” if you primarily pug.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-04-20 at 05:26 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •