Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Uhh

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    At last! Proper in-game ranking system
    Hopefully it will be like PvP rankings and M+ players actually get something neat.

Rio won't go away tho, it's still a nice tool to see where you stand in the world for your class
    They said that they were using a formula similar to raider.io but please they are two different organizations don’t conflate the two

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    I think my favorite part about this whole conversation is that the elitist douchebags are constantly blaming the more casual players for being shitty players (even when they're not). When it's all -- literally all -- of Blizzard's fault for adding timed content that actively punishes you for not finishing it. And for no good reason either; in fact, all it does is double-down on the toxic behavior people have hated about those same types of people since the beginning. ("Go go go!!!" "OMG it's all ur fault not mine I'm pro!!!!!")

In a real world analogy, it's like all the idiots (and Republicans) blaming everything on immigrants and the poor.

And guess what: This is only going to make it worse.
    I think my favorite part is all these poor innocent casuals like you calling everyone else toxic, while you call them douchebags and throw insults every post. Now you bring politics into it? Lol take a look at yourself and see if maybe you are the one being toxic

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    No reason to do +15s each week, just spam the +14s if you really need the vault, one of my characters has only 16 15+s dungs done lmao.
    yes reason because peopel who are actually good at this game dont run +14 only run higher. why ? because at this stage of exapnasion they have been 226 + or months now and dont even farm GV anymore.

those who are doing +14 now are mostly desperates who want to get KSM done before tier is over - good players didnt need gear since like january or maaybe february if they slacked. why woudl you do +14 with liek 215 itlv people when you could have been doing like +18-20 with 226+ people.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I think my favorite part is all these poor innocent casuals like you calling everyone else toxic, while you call them douchebags and throw insults every post. Now you bring politics into it? Lol take a look at yourself and see if maybe you are the one being toxic
    , he unironically said toxicly, all the while ignoring the actual meat of the post he was replying to. And even more all the while still oblivious to the fact that the person he was replying to, again, never said a word about his own accomplishments or what anyone else was capable of doing.

"T'is not Blizzard's fault," they decree without realizing it, "it's the baddies and casuals! Burn them, burn them all! Err, I mean, 'git gud' instead!"
    Last edited by Something Wicked; 2021-04-20 at 10:34 AM.

<eats popcorn while the toxic raging goes on and on, even though I have it on good authority this guy isn't a prime example of a toxic player>

I truly am amused. No where in these last few exchanges did I say a word about my own capabilities or experiences, nor what anyone else has done or was capable of doing. Not a word.

In essence all I said is that it's sad people like you -- and yes, clearly like you given your last handful of posts on the subject, where you're ranting on calling everyone a crybaby and shit player who, somehow, is bad if they've played longer than you OR less than you simultaneously -- continue to bitch and moan about the "bad" players rather than about Blizzard for creating this environment in the first place.

Yes, toxic players have always existed. But Blizzard burying one of the better gear progression routes in the game behind not only timed runs, but also punishing everyone in the group if there's a single failure (or someone just leaving, even for completely innocuous reasons) really amped it up to 11. And just like in real life where rich people sit back and laugh at the moronic lower classes bitching about immigrants and poor people, Blizzard is sitting back and laughing at the "elitsts" bitching about the "casuals" and "baddies" as if they somehow created the situation. Which you're personifying time and time again in your posts.

And what does Blizzard do about it? They throw a shit-ton of fuel on the fire with this revelation.

Yet, somehow, this is me being a "crybaby" even though not once -- not once -- did I say I don't do mythic runs, or any of the other garbage you keep trying to not-so-humble brag about while espousing your vitriol.

It truly is entertaining. Sad beyond belief, but entertaining nevertheless.
    Cool blog post.

, he unironically said toxicly, all the while ignoring the actual meat of the post he was replying to. All the while still oblivious to the fact that the person he was replying to, again, never said a word about his own accomplishments or what anyone else was capable of doing.

"T'is not Blizzard's fault," they decree without realizing it, "it's the baddies and casuals! Burn them, burn them all!"
    Are you ok? Like honestly?

And can you link your character so we can see what kind of experience you do have? Last person I talked to, I found out they don't even own shadowlands and have just been making up all of their "experience ". Would be nice to know what experience you have

Are you ok? Like honestly?

And can you link your character so we can see what kind of experience you do have? Last person I talked to, I found out they don't even own shadowlands and have just been making up all of their "experience ". Would be nice to know what experience you have
    , he again, unironically, stated. Also yet again apparently completely oblivious to the fact that the person he was talking to never once made any claims about their own accomplishments or those of anyone else, but instead was saying that the toxic atmosphere behind this is largely due to Blizzard, not the players.

"But clearly anyone who hates radio.io MUST be a casual baddie who can't play the game," he desperately tried to rationalize to himself. "No one can possibly hate people being total cunts to other players for any other reason!"

<eats popcorn while the toxic raging goes on and on, even though I have it on good authority this guy isn't a prime example of a toxic player>

I truly am amused. No where in these last few exchanges did I say a word about my own capabilities or experiences, nor what anyone else has done or was capable of doing. Not a word.

In essence all I said is that it's sad people like you -- and yes, clearly like you given your last handful of posts on the subject, where you're ranting on calling everyone a crybaby and shit player who, somehow, is bad if they've played longer than you OR less than you simultaneously -- continue to bitch and moan about the "bad" players rather than about Blizzard for creating this environment in the first place.

Yes, toxic players have always existed. But Blizzard burying one of the better gear progression routes in the game behind not only timed runs, but also punishing everyone in the group if there's a single failure (or someone just leaving, even for completely innocuous reasons) really amped it up to 11. And just like in real life where rich people sit back and laugh at the moronic lower classes bitching about immigrants and poor people, Blizzard is sitting back and laughing at the "elitsts" bitching about the "casuals" and "baddies" as if they somehow created the situation. Which you're personifying time and time again in your posts.

And what does Blizzard do about it? They throw a shit-ton of fuel on the fire with this revelation.

Yet, somehow, this is me being a "crybaby" even though not once -- not once -- did I say I don't do mythic runs, or any of the other garbage you keep trying to not-so-humble brag about while espousing your vitriol.

It truly is entertaining. Sad beyond belief, but entertaining nevertheless.
    I also enjoy the doubling down on politics. Are you the poor immigrant in this story and we are the evil upper class? I'm trying to follow along with you

- - - Updated - - -

, he again, unironically, stated. Also yet again apparently completely oblivious to the fact that the person he was talking to never once made any claims about their own accomplishments or those of anyone else, but instead was saying that the toxic atmosphere behind this is largely due to Blizzard, not the players.

"But clearly anyone who hates radio.io MUST be a casual baddie who can't play the game," he desperately tried to rationalize to himself. "No one can possibly hate people being total cunts to other players for any other reason!"
    I'm trying not to make assumptions. You said I dont know your experience. So I asked for it. Now you are saying no. I dont understand you and im trying to.

And don't imply I'm a cunt

I also enjoy the doubling down on politics. Are you the poor immigrant in this story and we are the evil upper class? I'm trying to follow along with you

I'm trying not to make assumptions. You said I dont know your experience. So I asked for it. Now you are saying no. I dont understand you and im trying to.
    It's okay, I figured you couldn't understand the point when you kept repeatedly asking for my in-game stats despite -- for the third time in the last ten minutes -- repeatedly reminding you that I never once made any claims about my accomplishments, besmirched anyone for theirs, or otherwise anyone's stats up for any reason whatsoever.

And don't imply I'm a cunt
    I didn't. Not even remotely. Reading comprehension is a thing native speakers still have trouble with, apparently.

It's okay, I figured you couldn't understand the point when you kept repeatedly asking for my in-game stats despite -- for the third time in the last ten minutes -- repeatedly reminding you that I never once made any claims about my accomplishments, besmirched anyone for theirs, or otherwise anyone's stats up for any reason whatsoever.

I didn't. Not even remotely. Reading comprehension is a thing native speakers still have trouble with, apparently.
    You have spent the entire thread "besmirching" others for theirs. You have repeatedly called others elitists with no basis.

And you quite literally put words into my mouth by inserting quotation marks with your bizarre narration you have been doing.

Could you explain this section right here?

What point were you trying to convey here? Please help me as I'm clearly having trouble with the reading comprehension. Cause to me it sounds like you're implying that I think you hate rio cause you're bad. And you think ppl like me are cunts to other players. But please help me to understand what you actually meant when you put quotes around words and acted as though these are my thoughts

@Something Wicked I am not humble at all about what I could do. It is just a fact. It is not much but I am just looking down on people with pity. all those qq while having /played 100 days since release. and cry about a tool used for forming legit groups.

I got it. You are just shit. pathetic. Go cry about us being toxic. It is reality. You are trash. That is it. And with the so little time I have do not want you in any of my groups.
    Go do your +5 and cry about omg gear is gated behind such activity mah feelings.

Get good scrub because rio is staying here and hopefully blizz implements something even more harsher so that you stay where you are even more.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-04-21 at 06:59 AM.

But please help me to understand what you actually meant when you put quotes around words and acted as though these are my thoughts
    Carry on, its not worth your time, hes one of the "you arent with me then you are an elitist cunt" guys on mmochamp, people already know them since all of them have been banned at least once at least you tried.

You have spent the entire thread "besmirching" others for theirs. You have repeatedly called others elitists with no basis.
    No basis, huh?

One guy couldn't stop calling people who hates the environment raider.io has encouraged "shit players" and "crybabies" repeatedly, all the while not-so-humble bragging about what an ultra elite super player he is.

Then you came along and kept demanding seeing someone's in-game stats because, apparently, that would end the disagreement right there. Despite people's in-game stats not being mentioned once by said person, or even being remotely relevant to the discussion at hand.

Yeah, no elitist there. Not a bit. (Sarcasm again, since I know you guys need to see it spelled out for you on this forum.)

And you quite literally put words into my mouth by inserting quotation marks with your bizarre narration you have been doing.
    Nope, it's just a style of writing that I'm not at all surprised to see you don't understand.

Could you explain this section right here?
    I'll make it super succinct and easy to digest, just for you.

Most of the people complaining about raider.io and Blizzard's attempt to incorporate a similar system into the game has nothing--nothing--to do with how good a player they are or not. It has everything--everything--to do with the players who make the game a toxic hellhole, particularly in the pick-up group scene. Blizzard is the main culprit, and raider.io a closely-related accomplice.

I, personally, do things exclusively with guild groups (and congratulations, you now have me actually talking about my personal playing!). I almost always did anyway, since as far back as TBC (I played in vanilla since a month after launch, but preferred puttering around doing solo stuff on a hunter, just because I enjoyed it), but I'd do the occasional PUG if we were short one or two players. But pretty much since mythic+ dungeons started up, that scene has gotten progressively more toxic, and it hit a crescendo of epic proportions once raider.io became popular. The last few times I tried to join a mythic+ PUG, I was absolutely disgusted with the way the party leader acted to people they'd invite to the group, and worse the way they'd act once you were inside the dungeon. The last time I did one, I just couldn't stand the way they were treating the healer, who was struggling due to the melee DPSers being total douchenuggets, and dropped right in the middle of the run due exclusively to the way they were attacking them. I can't stand players like that, and mythic+ dungeons coupled with raider.io has made it the norm.

And apparently, most of them can't even see that they're the problem. As made evident repeatedly and ad naseum in this thread alone.

What point were you trying to convey here? Please help me as I'm clearly having trouble with the reading comprehension. Cause to me it sounds like you're implying that I think you hate rio cause you're bad. And you think ppl like me are cunts to other players. But please help me to understand what you actually meant when you put quotes around words and acted as though these are my thoughts
    Again, not surprised you can't comprehend what you're reading, and this only confirms it. But it's good to know you admit to being one of the players who act like a total cunt to other players. I didn't think you were to begin with, only that people hate people who are. But since you think that was me specifically addressing you, that says it all really.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Carry on, its not worth your time, hes one of the "you arent with me then you are an elitist cunt" guys on mmochamp, people already know them since all of them have been banned at least once at least you tried.
    I just am so curious about what made him this way lol. We obviously view this game and the community in very different ways. Just can't imagine the self delusion required to call people douchebag, cunts, and any other insult in every single post and then claim they are the ones being toxic. Its astounding

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    @Something Wicked I am not humble at all about what I could do. It is just a fact. It is not much but I am just looking down on people with pity. all those qq while having /played 100 days since release. and cry about a tool used for forming legit groups.

I got it. You are just shit. pathetic. Go cry about us being toxic. It is reality. You are trash. That is it. And with the so little time I have do not want you in any of my groups.
    Go do your +5 and cry about omg gear is gated behind such activity mah feelings.

Get good scrub because rio is staying here and hopefully blizz implements something even more harsher so that you stay where you are even more.
    Yeah, it's a real mystery about the types of players I've actually been talking about.

No basis, huh?

One guy couldn't stop calling people who hates the environment raider.io has encouraged "shit players" and "crybabies" repeatedly, all the while not-so-humble bragging about what an ultra elite super player he is.

Then you came along and kept demanding seeing someone's in-game stats because, apparently, that would end the disagreement right there. Despite people's in-game stats not being mentioned once by said person, or even being remotely relevant to the discussion at hand.

Yeah, no elitist there. Not a bit. (Sarcasm again, since I know you guys need to see it spelled out for you on this forum.)

Nope, it's just a style of writing that I'm not at all surprised to see you don't understand.

Most of the people complaining about raider.io and Blizzard's attempt to incorporate a similar system into the game has nothing--nothing--to do with how good a player they are or not. It has everything--everything--to do with the players who make the game a toxic hellhole, particularly in the pick-up group scene. Blizzard is the main culprit, and raider.io a closely-related accomplice.

I, personally, do things exclusively with guild groups (and congratulations, you now have me actually talking about my personal playing!). I almost always did anyway, since as far back as TBC (I played in vanilla since a month after launch, but preferred puttering around doing solo stuff on a hunter, just because I enjoyed it), but I'd do the occasional PUG if we were short one or two players. But pretty much since mythic+ dungeons started up, that scene has gotten progressively more toxic, and it hit a crescendo of epic proportions once raider.io became popular. The last few times I tried to join a mythic+ PUG, I was absolutely disgusted with the way the party leader acted to people they'd invite to the group, and worse the way they'd act once you were inside the dungeon. The last time I did one, I just couldn't stand the way they were treating the healer, who was struggling due to the melee DPSers being total douchenuggets, and dropped right in the middle of the run due exclusively to the way they were attacking them. I can't stand players like that, and mythic+ dungeons coupled with raider.io has made it the norm.

And apparently, most of them can't even see that they're the problem. As made evident repeatedly and ad naseum in this thread alone.

Again, not surprised you can't comprehend what you're reading, and this only confirms it. But it's good to know you admit to being one of the players who act like a total cunt to other players. I didn't think you were to begin with, only that people hate people who are. But since you think that was me specifically addressing you, that says it all really.
    You do realize that you are the toxic one here ? Maybe a good look in the mirror would help you?

No basis, huh?

Buddy. What have I done to offend you? I wanted to know your stats not to shut you down, but to talk with more accuracy. If you have only stepped foot in the m+ pugging scene i would guess that you are in the ~7 range. All I was going to suggest, is that once you get into 14s and above, its way less toxic. The 7-13 range is full of a lot of ppl who think they are more skilled. When they make mistakes, they think they should be forgiven (which they should), but when others make mistakes they rage on them. Its not every group, its not even most groups, buts a little more common in this range.

This is what I'm talking about. I asked for help understanding and you abuse me.

Where have I admitted to acting like a cunt? You keep putting words in my mouth and its not ok. Please stop

Buddy. What have I done to offend you? I wanted to know your stats not to shut you down, but to talk with more accuracy. If you have only stepped foot in the m+ pugging scene i would guess that you are in the ~7 range. All I was going to suggest, is that once you get into 14s and above, its way less toxic. The 7-13 range is full of a lot of ppl who think they are more skilled. When they make mistakes, they think they should be forgiven (which they should), but when others make mistakes they rage on them. Its not every group, its not even most groups, buts a little more common in this range.

This is what I'm talking about. I asked for help understanding and you abuse me.
    Fine, tell me how telling you my in-game stats would help with anything I've said. Feel free to pretend that I'm the world's greatest player OR the world's worst player. Doesn't matter which, pick one and run with it.

Tell me how that has anything to do with me saying that the toxicity in WoW having a ton to do with raider.io and mythic+ dungeons being timed and punishing for failure. (I'll save you a bunch of time: It doesn't, because it's completely irrelevant.)

Also, a straight-up LOL at the "14+ scene is less toxic" bit.

Where have I admitted to acting like a cunt? You keep putting words in my mouth and its not ok. Please stop
    Every time you've asked me why I, allegedly, was calling you one. Even though I didn't. Not once. But apparently, if you mention that people hate people who treat other people like cunts, that was me specifically attacking you by calling you one. That's entirely on you. It's exactly the same as if I had said "man, Nazi's really were cunts" and then you reacting "why are you calling me a cunt?!?" That's you calling yourself both a Nazi and a cunt, not the person who made the statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    You do realize that you are the toxic one here ? Maybe a good look in the mirror would help you?
    Nice blog post.
    Last edited by Something Wicked; 2021-04-20 at 11:47 AM.

Blizzard, embracing toxicity since 2004.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Fine, tell me how telling you my in-game stats would help with anything I've said. Feel free to pretend that I'm the world's greatest player OR the world's worst player. Doesn't matter which, pick one and run with it.

Tell me how that has anything to do with me saying that the toxicity in WoW having a ton to do with raider.io and mythic+ dungeons being timed and punishing for failure. (I'll save you a bunch of time: It doesn't, because it's completely irrelevant.)

Also, a straight-up LOL at the "14+ scene is less toxic" bit.

Every time you've asked me why I, allegedly, was calling you one. Even though I didn't. Not once. But apparently, if you mention that people hate people who treat other people like cunts, that was me specifically attacking you by calling you one. That's entirely on you. It's exactly the same as if I had said "man, Nazi's really were cunts" and then you reacting "why are you calling me a cunt?!?"

- - - Updated - - -

Nice blog post.
    So you think it is the m+ or the timer that makes the toxicity ?