Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Can I ask you, how did nobody do gear checks if Gearscore addon was the "bane" of WotLK? Bank inspections was a thing and TBC was full "300res min" premades.
    Vanilla had same bank roof inspections, but it was way more rare because how noob most of people were. Fast forward to WotLK, game is 4yo and community started to apply it's filters and in the later patches even "link Light of Dawn" was a thing for 25 HC pugs in ICC and I really don't buy your

try taking someone blindly into a +15 not even looking at ilvl and not looking at rio and then good luck.

Edit: OR invite someone into arena with no xp and some crap gear and let me know how fast you made it to 1.8k
    Gear score was terrible too. Then again, I’ve know more who thought that was worse than rio.

I do remember people doing the “link achievement” thing but that wasn’t too common. Slightly different though. People did that to only invite people who had actually completed the content. Rio can show you’ve done similar content and you could still get taken.

I’ve played many games with all kinds of systems and I still stand by D3’s method as the best. It’s unbias, doesn’t give control to poopheads, doesn’t alienate or discriminate.

Wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    No, cause i said your logic if flawed.

You need to understand how massive the game is and how irrelevant your presence is, when you actually realize that, you will understand the problem.

The 99% considers AoTC/KSM as this "goal" to achieve.

Do you know the reality of those things and how irrelevant they are for an actually skillful player, do you understand what a snoozefest those content are?

Can you comprehend that there are depending on the period of the game, up to 50k-100k-300k people online daily in EU LFG with more qualifications than you therefor of course the xxx.xx1 player wont get accepted easily?

And you can realize, in those thousands of players, lets say 100.000 players, there are literal 20 different ranks of actual game "skill", and the rank 5 vs the rank 20 is literally night and day in terms of skill and knowledge and you are even lower than that in terms of Period of Game = Achievements/Ilvl/R.io?

This is what people dont understand and thats why you are being told, "Create your own groups and find a guild", cause you are not anyone special or you dont have any proof that you are special to be given the "Green light" to do whatever you want in the pug world.

The Holy Paladin with 3k r.io in every season before, and 5 cutting edges, and 2 gladiator titles has the green light when a new expansion launches can join whatever group he wants with his qualifications, and he doesnt even need to cause he is probably surrounded by similar players.

Your account with "500 transmog runs" and "Normal Throne of Thunder" the 6th month of its life as the only relevant achievements, does not have the green light to pug anything.

I know you still cant accept it, cause "ITS A GAME" or whatever else excuse, and thats why you will always be facing this problem since you refuse to adapt to the problem.
    Dude again, it’s not you are either 3000 rio or “Gratz you are now 60 with 140 ilvl”.

I fully understand why I’m not being picked even if I could/should, I simply would like another solution besides “push your own key”.

Which one? No idea but I’m not a dev, it’s not supposed to be my job.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    However people skill cannot be represented by a number and that is what is completely wrong with rio.
    Rio has never ever indicated skill. Only anti-rio people equate rio to skill indicator. If someone uses it as skill indicator - that's wrong wait to look at it.

And it was deffo a rat race. You had to have 5.2k GS to do ToGC, where if you had full BiS gear from it you could only reach something like 5.5k

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Dude again, it’s not you are either 3000 rio or “Gratz you are now 60 with 140 ilvl”.

I fully understand why I’m not being picked even if I could/should, I simply would like another solution besides “push your own key”.

Its not their job also, their job is to release the content every 6 months, what you do with that is your problem.

If you refuse to join a community with an equal mindset, thats your problem.

If you refuse to invest time in order to get out of the cesspool of lower skilled players, thats your problem.

It has nothing to do with the developers, no matter what system they introduce, the 0.01% will stay only play with each other into tournaments/world firsts, the 0.09% will still sell boosts to the 95%, the 0.9% still will play with each other and doesnt care about the other 4%, and the 4% will keep being a cesspool of a mix of crybabies, forum posters and players that cant accept they are not good enough to enter the 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    You must be a troll. Full stop. We're all wasting time here but the difference is you're spewing nonsense. The D3 false equivalence is the biggest indicator of that. There is no soloing a 20 key to show you can do it with a group of people and it shouldn't be that way either. D3 doesn't have the holy trinity that MMOs do.

What other MMOs have you played? Blade n Soul was 10x worse than WoW when it came to trying to pug. That's just one example.
    And there we go, the classic “troll” response. Not taking the bait. Have a good day.

Rio has never ever indicated skill. Only anti-rio people equate rio to skill indicator. If someone uses it as skill indicator - that's wrong wait to look at it.

And it was deffo a rat race. You had to have 5.2k GS to do ToGC, where if you had full BiS gear from it you could only reach something like 5.5k
    Actually, that’s not true. Many of the Rio people have used words synonymous with skill to tell someone why they’re not invited.

Both sides are just as guilty.

As long as WoW retains its core concept, which it has had since the beginning, that end-game content is always group content and that grouping for said content is 100% in the hands of the players then the only solution is either to make your own group, that is to become a leader, or make yourself "attractive" enough for other players, read leaders, to pick you.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    And there we go, the classic “troll” response. Not taking the bait. Have a good day.
    You are comparing a system made for a ladder that shows nothing but "I did 34244535 runs until zombies and Pylon spawned properly so i can rank up" to a system made to simply show people if you have the basic knowledge of M+ scaling you arent a complete waste of time in two completely different genres.

Its literally comparing amateur snooker night scoring to Cricket World Championship.

Maybe you are not trolling, but you also show your do not have the knowledge to have an opinion on the matter, as to why that is up to you to figure out, i already know why.

I agree there should be more solutions. Ignore people who toss the “push your own key” parrot response. Most of them are not objective by any metric and reinforce the stigmas.

- - - Updated - - -

You are comparing a system made for a ladder that shows nothing but "I did 34244535 runs until zombies and Pylon spawned properly so i can rank up" to a system made to simply show people if you have the basic knowledge of M+ scaling you arent a complete waste of time in two completely different genres.

Its literally comparing amateur snooker night scoring to Cricket World Championship.

Maybe you are not trolling, but you also show your do not have the knowledge to have an opinion on the matter, as to why that is up to you to figure out, i already know why.
    Says I don’t know what I’m talking about while listing how ranking up does not work.

I’ll leave that there.

I agree there should be more solutions. Ignore people who toss the “push your own key” parrot response. Most of them are not objective by any metric and reinforce the stigmas.

- - - Updated - - -

Says I don’t know what I’m talking about while listing how ranking up does not work.

I’ll leave that there.
    And this is why you are never taken seriously and you are called a troll, cause despite your obvious low skill and knowledge which you repeatedly come back to show, you cant even accept that you are clueless

It’s unbias, doesn’t give control to poopheads, doesn’t alienate or discriminate.
    But this is MANUAL group content. You don't auto-que for dungeons. Also you have your own key.

Sure, if you add a system which allowed you to que for dungeons automatically - go ahead and add some hard solo content filter. Problem is that doing other content won't help you in WoW. I am ex-mythic raider, I did mage-tower when it was current and I am non-meta tank with over 2k score now. Throw me into a +21, I will be fine, throw me into Mythic Sire and I will fuck everything up and vice versa, I could be a 10/10M tank and completely flop in +20, why? Because some solo challenge did not prepare me for those exact things. It's just checked that I am not brain dead.
    What else you could do? "Complete all +14s to que for +15" that sounds exactly what community is doing on it's own.

Ask to add these systems. You don't have to take Raider.IO and manual grouping away to have something which enables some auto-matchmaking. Imagine being unable to go into HC raid with your guild because you have not done full normal clear. That would be some nice backlash there.

Also again: Guilds are the same filter for people. You "discriminate" people by not inviting noobs to a mythic raiding guild. You don't invite people with no experience into rated PvP groups/guilds
    Last edited by erifwodahs; 2021-05-04 at 07:37 PM.

Its not their job also, their job is to release the content every 6 months, what you do with that is your problem.

If you refuse to join a community with an equal mindset, thats your problem.

If you refuse to invest time in order to get out of the cesspool of lower skilled players, thats your problem.

It has nothing to do with the developers, no matter what system they introduce, the 0.01% will stay only play with each other into tournaments/world firsts, the 0.09% will still sell boosts to the 95%, the 0.9% still will play with each other and doesnt care about the other 4%, and the 4% will keep being a cesspool of a mix of crybabies, forum posters and players that cant accept they are not good enough to enter the 1%.
    It indeed is their problem since it’s them that had the “genial” idea of introducing M+ in this form (basically the timer, let’s not joke each other more please, 99% of “issues” are caused by the presence of a timer).

It is indeed their problem if majority of people get to a point in which they can only use their key or they cannot progress (tanks aside, maybe).

And having reached myself almost 1200 rio with soooo little spare time means that the major difficulty is not doing 15, is GETTING into 15 even if you have the prereqs (no, prereqs should be the same you should have to move from 10 to 11, asking for 1300 rio for a 15 is just bad game design).

Don’t get me wrong, I fully understand your pov, it’s simply not mine

Peace.

And this is why you are never taken seriously and you are called a troll, cause despite your obvious low skill and knowledge which you repeatedly come back to show, you cant even accept that you are clueless
    I referred to how you get into random games in D3. You went off talking about ranking up and pylons. You’re talking about something entirely different. And a troll calling someone a troll is nothing anyone would bat an eye at, so why would you consider it anything special?

I see, you’re a sock puppet. Should have known.

- - - Updated - - -

But this is MANUAL group content. You don't auto-que for dungeons. Also you have your own key.

Sure, if you add a system which allowed you to que for dungeons automatically - go ahead and add some hard solo content filter. Problem is that doing other content won't help you in WoW. I am ex-mythic raider, I did mage-tower when it was current and I am non-meta tank with over 2k score now. Throw me into a +21, I will be fine, throw me into Mythic Sire and I will fuck everything up and vice versa, I could be a 10/10M tank and completely flop in +20, why? Because some solo challenge did not prepare me for those exact things. It's just checked that I am not brain dead.
    What else you could do? "Complete all +14s to que for +15" that sounds exactly what community is doing on it's own.

Ask to add these systems. You don't have to take Raider.IO and manual grouping away to have something which enables some auto-matchmaking. Imagine being unable to go into HC raid with your guild because you have not done full normal clear. That would be some nice backlash there.

Also again: Guilds are the same filter for people. You "discriminate" people by not inviting noobs to a mythic raiding guild. You don't invite people with no experience into rated PvP groups/guilds
    I know it is. I was telling how a normal manual grouping feature was turned into grouping by forcing a person to prove themselves using a solo in-game challenge.
    Last edited by Necromantic; 2021-05-04 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Realized he was a sock puppet

If I understand you correct then you are saying that some/few/a lot of people pick other people that they want to play with in a "wrong way".
    So how do you suggest to "fix" this without denying people the freedom to pick whom they play with?

It indeed is their problem since it’s them that had the “genial” idea of introducing M+ in this form (basically the timer, let’s not joke each other more please, 99% of “issues” are caused by the presence of a timer).

It is indeed their problem if majority of people get to a point in which they can only use their key or they cannot progress (tanks aside, maybe).

And having reached myself almost 1200 rio with soooo little spare time means that the major difficulty is not doing 15, is GETTING into 15 even if you have the prereqs (no, prereqs should be the same you should have to move from 10 to 11, asking for 1300 rio for a 15 is just bad game design).

Don’t get me wrong, I fully understand your pov, it’s simply not mine

Peace.
    Again, you use the term "Game design", when its something that isnt even in the game keeping you out because other people use it wrongly and you have fallen into the trap, which is why i keep saying you are in the cesspool and refuse to improve.

Lets start with reeducating.

1)M+ was not introduced to be pugged.

2)Yes, better players pugged them so community copied them.

3)The 99% isnt supposed to pug, end of story.

4)You arent allowed to say 3, so lets rephrase it, "Its only natural the lower skilled 99% has problems pugging".

5)Raider.io was created because Blizzard freebie gear systems are ruining the 1% pugging world after some time has passed into the active patch cycle.

6)1% uses it correctly, 99% uses it to block each other from progressing.

7)99% blames the 1% because as always the last 17 years, they are clueless about what is going on.

Solution? Find a god damn community that accepts your skill level and time commitment.

There are solutions:

Join a casual guild
    Join a m+ community
    Add people who you have successful runs with and ask them if they want to do some keys later - In the last 2 years I added like 30 people and every week I get a whisper or two without even reaching out to those people myself.

But hey, people don't look for solutions. Those who do - they find them because it's certainly not super secret. On the other hand complainers will find a problem for every solution

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    If I understand you correct then you are saying that some/few/a lot of people pick other people that they want to play with in a "wrong way".
    So how do you suggest to "fix" this without denying people the freedom to pick whom they play with?
    There’s no right or wrong. There’s the normal path and the super-comfortable path.

Unfortunately if you keep playing you will be slowly but steadily redirected to the super-comfortable path, where you need to show your 4 masters for a job that requires high school max.

Maybe it’s not wrong but from a certain pov it’s not right either.

7+ Year Old Account
    But hey, people don't look for solutions. Those who do - they find them because it's certainly not super secret. On the other hand complainers will find a problem for every solution
    QFT
    {10char}

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Why not allow both? Even D3 allows both. People who want to only invite those who grossly overgear can and those who want to match make with those similar can, whether pending they complete some challenge or not.

Everyone wins.

Again, you use the term "Game design", when its something that isnt even in the game keeping you out because other people use it wrongly and you have fallen into the trap, which is why i keep saying you are in the cesspool and refuse to improve.

Lets start with reeducating.

1)M+ was not introduced to be pugged.

2)Yes, better players pugged them so community copied them.

3)The 99% isnt supposed to pug, end of story.

4)You arent allowed to say 3, so lets rephrase it, "Its only natural the lower skilled 99% has problems pugging".

5)Raider.io was created because Blizzard freebie gear systems are ruining the 1% pugging world after some time has passed into the active patch cycle.

6)1% uses it correctly, 99% uses it to block each other from progressing.

7)99% blames the 1% because as always the last 17 years, they are clueless about what is going on.

Solution? Find a god damn community that accepts your skill level and time commitment.
    Point 2 is more “people who can play X hours a day”. I am no pro player by any meaning but if I could play that much time I would have probably got KSM 2-3 months ago like some of my ex guildies that then burned out and barely logged since they got the achi. Again, commitment is not a skill. You have a lot of spare time or you don’t, you have no control over that.

KSM is not rocket science, if you get to all 14 in time there’s no reason you can’t do a 15.

But again I’m not blaming the 1%, I’m only wondering if there can be something else to get to that 1% without pushing your keys or having the luxury to afford long gaming sessions.

Edit: also some nice communities names instead of “find a community” would be appreciated, I tried many of them but they were all almost dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not allow both? Even D3 allows both. People who want to only invite those who grossly overgear can and those who want to match make with those similar can, whether pending they complete some challenge or not.

Everyone wins.
    Because it would not work. After a certain M+ level no tanks with a working brain would ever choose the automated mm system, thus resulting in endless queues for everyone.

This is not Diablo 3 where party composition does not matter or matters very little.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-05-04 at 08:27 PM.