Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Yes it can. Matchmaking is a perfect example.
    You do have matchmaking in BG's, normal and heroic dungeons and lfr. That content is matched for the lowest common denominator.
    If you want to do challenging content in WoW you have to form your own group. It has been this way since the dawn of WoW.
    And with the inclusion of raider.io in to the game then it seems that Blizzard is keeping up its focus on Wow as social and competitive MMOi

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    The game will not be better with automated queues for m+. It will someoneone work in m+2-m+5. Then anything higher will have a much higher fail rate. You won't have the class setups u like. U might not have the cov for the dungeon. Thete will be an extreme lack of tanks and a low supply of healers. Dps queues will reach absurd lengths.

The forums will be flooded with 2 kinds of posts. 1. Screenshots of dps sitting in queues with estimated wait length of 15 hours. "Real nice feature blizz, Hurrrrr!". And 2. "This content is way too hard. My groups fail over 50% of the time. This needs nerfed NOW!". If you want to know why blizz hasn't added a queue function in the 3 xpacs m+ has been around, its because of these 2 points.
    That's your opinion. People thought the exact same thing about normal dungeon/raid-finder, flying mounts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Show me where I wrote that you could/should be "rude to people"? I sure hope you aren't twisting my words.
    Being abusive to people is against the ToS, that goes both for people that make their own group and to people that apply to groups.

Not inviting people to your group isn't rude.
    That is only on paper, sorry. Reported and opened tickets for tons of rudeness, never got ANY answer.

That's your opinion. People thought the exact same thing about normal dungeon/raid-finder, flying mounts, etc.
    Well when you're sitting around wondering why its been 5 years and there's no queued m+, you can reflect on this. Until then, ill be happy knowing I'm right

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    That is only on paper, sorry. Reported and opened tickets for tons of rudeness, never got ANY answer.
    Don't even get me started on the crapfest ticket system. Nothing like submitting a ticket because you have a payment issue and getting a response back saying "We've reviewed your issue and determined that the ban was justified and will remain." Replying back "uh... I'm not banned... my credit card change won't update". Getting back "We've already told you the ban will remain, any further contact may result in permanent account closure". Only to have to send in a ticket asking for a manager and having the manager reply with apologies.

Or their 99.99% copy/pasted robot replies... if they even reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Well when you're sitting around wondering why its been 5 years and there's no queued m+, you can reflect on this. Until then, ill be happy knowing I'm right
    You're not "right" unless you can prove that was the reason. We don't have Thrall mount in the 18 years of the game, that doesn't mean it hasn't happened because it will cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Agree to disagree ever since WotLK it's been a rat race where players looked at metrics to help determine whom they wanted to bring in for group content.
    Players doing something =/= focusing game design on that. Wotlk had weekly rolling nerfs to raid and that alone is direct contradiction to rat race.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Don't even get me started on the crapfest ticket system. Nothing like submitting a ticket because you have a payment issue and getting a response back saying "We've reviewed your issue and determined that the ban was justified and will remain." Replying back "uh... I'm not banned... my credit card change won't update". Getting back "We've already told you the ban will remain, any further contact may result in permanent account closure". Only to have to send in a ticket asking for a manager and having the manager reply with apologies.

Or their 99.99% copy/pasted robot replies... if they even reply.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not "right" unless you can prove that was the reason. We don't have Thrall mount in the 18 years of the game, that doesn't mean it hasn't happened because it will cause problems.
    Just trying to help you realize that you shldnr be holding your breath. Queued m+ is not the salvation in which you are seeking.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes it can. Matchmaking is a perfect example.
    I wish Blizzard would implement Matchmaking for M+ just for the entertaining threads that would come up. Oh man, that would make for some good reading while sitting on the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Rudeness and abusive isn't the same.
    You can get infracted/banned in WoW if you call someone a "cunt", a "fucking idiot" etc. Also racist whispers etc. So if you use very specific language you can get in trouble. The same goes for you character name. And threats is also a no-go.
    You can also get infracted/banned if you try to circumvent ignores.

Blizzard will never tell you if your report resulted in an infraction against a named player. That doesn't mean that that person didn't get an infraction.

So if someone talks to you in a way you don't like, but doesn't use banned words or threatens you, then you should ignore said person. And if said person circumvents your ignore then you can report him.

So if someone would write to me "You are the worst hunter I have ever played with. You suck and should uninstall the game." then I don't think that would lead to an infraction.

But if that person would continue to whisper me, whilst not using banned words, even after I had told him to stop and if I then put him on ignore and he would make another character to keep whispering me then an infraction would most likely happen.

Added:
    Although people say that support has gotten much worse. The last time I used support was in WoD where someone kept avoiding my ignores to whisper me. Those whispers stopped after my report. Who knows what happened.

But apart from that I just put repeat whisperers on ignore. Works like a charm. No-one has tried to circumvent my ignore since WoD.
    Last edited by T-34; 2021-05-05 at 12:14 PM.

Just trying to help you realize that you shldnr be holding your breath. Queued m+ is not the salvation in which you are seeking.
    I'm not holding my breath for anything. I'm just tossing mud against the wall to see what sticks. I made that crystal clear already in this thread. Even in my real life job, I'm all for continuous improvement. Always making things better is a good thing. I deal with naysayers all day long who don't like change and prefer to keep things with the status quo. From my experience, 95% of those people are egotistical or know that change will highlight their flaws. No matter what improvement you come up with, they'll try to counter with some kind of rationalization.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I wish Blizzard would implement Matchmaking for M+ just for the entertaining threads that would come up. Oh man, that would make for some good reading while sitting on the toilet.
    Would be no different than the ones for LFR. We get plenty of those yet at the same time, it's given many players what they needed.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    The thought of this made me laugh

Rudeness and abusive isn't the same.
    You can get infracted/banned in WoW if you call someone a "cunt", a "fucking idiot" etc. Also racist whispers etc. So if you use very specific language you can get in trouble. The same goes for you character name. And threats is also a no-go.
    You can also get infracted/banned if you try to circumvent ignores.
    The things you get infracted for on their forums do not differentiate between rude or abusive. You can be simply assertive and get infracted.

This is the unfortunate side effect of removing the hiring requirements for GMs/moderators. You can get a job as one without a high school diploma.

Would be no different than the ones for LFR. We get plenty of those yet at the same time, it's given many players what they needed.
    Your comparison of M+ with LFR put a smile on my face on this rainy day

7+ Year Old Account
    Similar to the LFR threads, most definitely. But I expect they would be much more vitriolic and far more numerous (at least until people started giving up on them).

Please Blizzard, please! Add a matchmaking system to M+.

The things you get infracted for on their forums do not differentiate between rude or abusive. You can be simply assertive and get infracted.

This is the unfortunate side effect of removing the hiring requirements for GMs/moderators. You can get a job as one without a high school diploma.
    I know nothing about the official forums. I don't visit them
    I was talking about in-game.

By the way I am still waiting for yout link to you assertion on M+ that. I like to read stuff first-hand if possible:
    "Blizzard has stated that was not the intent to have people only want to "pick" those who grossly overgear the said content"
    Last edited by T-34; 2021-05-05 at 12:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Your comparison of M+ with LFR put a smile on my face on this rainy day
    While I'm glad I could make you feel a certain way, I do think you may have taken what I said out of context given your previous responses in this thread. I hope you didn't think I meant they were similar. I'm simply referring to the implementation of the matchmaking system for content that was (as many said) "not meant to be matchmade". Then again, many of the horror stories I've read about it are clearly fake. When most people write fake stories, they don't double/triple check what they write and leave little clues.

It wouldn't, queuing for m+ is like queuing for HC raid. It would certainly create some nice drama.

- - - Updated - - -

That's ironical
    Last edited by erifwodahs; 2021-05-05 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    It wouldn't, queuing for m+ is like queuing for HC raid. It would certainly create some nice drama.

- - - Updated - - -

That's ironical
    I'm not saying it wouldn't create drama. That's human nature, people will make a mountain out of a mole-hill. Anything they've implemented in this game has cause near riots. Thousands of threads complaining about flying mounts because open world gankers couldn't gank anymore, etc. It's endless.

*shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Wotlk had weekly rolling nerfs to raid and that alone is direct contradiction to rat race.
    It was a rat race to have the "fictional badge of honor" that you finished X raid prior to Y date because that proved you didn't need Z nerf to help you.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

While I'm glad I could make you feel a certain way
    You could make my day even better if you would provide a link to where Blizzard states what you claim that Blizzard has said regarding M+ (only the 4th time I ask you for a link):

"Blizzard has stated that was not the intent to have people only want to "pick" those who grossly overgear the said content". Your post #970 in this thread.

You see I provided a direct quote and a link to Blizzard's group policy where nothing at all is said about how you are intended to pick people for your groups.
    Then you come with your above quoted statement that Blizzard says otherwise in another setting. I would just like you to show the same courtesy to this thread as I do and provide a link to your source, so I and all the others in this thread can compare and evaluate Blizzard's statements.
    Last edited by T-34; 2021-05-05 at 03:02 PM.