Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

[Spoilers] Primus Model Revealed

It appears the Primus of Maldraxxus is actually the NPC who ended up using the Jailer depiction from BlizzCon:

Though some aspects have been altered, the presentation looks pretty strongly influenced:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

This might be the reason why they changed the look, because they looked too similar otherwise? Idk

I really like how he looks. but the blue is kind of ..strange? Shouldn't it be a darker green?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I knew he wasn't the Runecarver. My theory that the the Runecarver is Gul'dan could still happen.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I really like how he looks. but the blue is kind of ..strange? Shouldn't it be a darker green?
    Might be a result of him having been trapped in the Maw?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I knew he wasn't the Runecarver. My theory that the the Runecarver is Gul'dan could still happen.
    Unless the Runecarver's appearance is itself a disguise, but I do agree that it's seeming less likely now.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

It may be the Runecarver restored to his former glory; I notice the Primus having a glowing index finger- the same one the Runecarver uses to etch the runes for our Legendaries. But yeah, it does mean them being separate characters is more likely now.

Either way, guy should be angry he looks nothing like his statue.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

It's a strong model, but I feel like this aesthetic came at the expense of giving the Jailer a good visual identity. This is a much more memorable appearance.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It appears Ner'zhul is also making an appearance in the Shadowlands:

What? Lmao. No.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Unless the Runecarver's appearance is itself a disguise, but I do agree that it's seeming less likely now.
    Disguise? Put that robe on him and you have the same guy. The concept art of the Runecarver even has him using that exact same finger to carve stuff.

This is more evidence for the theory, not against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Disguise? Put that robe on him and you have the same guy. The concept art of the Runecarver even has him using that exact same finger to carve stuff.

This is more evidence for the theory, not against it.
    Seems to be missing the horns, though - and I'm unsure if that giant beard could fit inside the mask as well.

The Jailer would have looked far more imposing and ancient with that model. As of now he looks like a filthy bald janitor, with that model he'd actually look like a timeless God of Death, but it's too late for that. Regardless I'm glad Blizzard didn't waste that concept art.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

ok, if we throwing the Theories.... heres mine

there is no way Blizz would make that first "jailer" photo that leaked and also made the model and made the cinematic with that model with Sylvanas, and then scrap all that and make this new Jailer aka Zovaal

There had to be someone who was running the Maw before the Zovaal was chained there?

And my theory is that Runecarver is the true leader of Maw, who was chained by Zovaal after he freed himself and took over...making the original ruler his puppet and his source for great weapons.

Or second take on the theory - Runecarver is just playing the role of this tortured chained person for a reason, like idk, making a shit load of the Maw equipment for the living to be used later. And Zovaal is like a second in command until everything lines up.

Venari said, don't trust anything you see in the Maw.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the thread is dedicated to the Primus model, however, new models for... Revendreth gargoyles?

...or proto-Nathrezim?

Personally, I feel like these are the "pure" Nathrezim. The race's original form before being transformed by whichever cosmic force they have been infiltrating.

Then again I can be completely off and these are just another version of Revendreth gargoyles.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-04-13 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dim View Post
    ok, if we throwing the Theories.... heres mine

there is no way Blizz would make that first "jailer" photo that leaked and also made the model and made the cinematic with that model with Sylvanas, and then scrap all that and make this new Jailer aka Zovaal

There had to be someone who was running the Maw before the Zovaal was chained there?

And my theory is that Runecarver is the true leader of Maw, who was chained by Zovaal after he freed himself and took over...making the original ruler his puppet and his source for great weapons.

Or second take on the theory - Runecarver is just playing the role of this tortured chained person for a reason, like idk, making a shit load of the Maw equipment for the living to be used later. And Zovaal is like a second in command until everything lines up.

Venari said, don't trust anything you see in the Maw.
    "The Jailer pieced these together into a single landmass by throwing out chains in every direction within the Maw from Torghast and pulling them inwards.[14] The Maw was sealed and made inescapable with the magic of the Heart of the Forest, with the goal of banishing The Jailer forever" He's called the JAILER not the imprisoned, he's always been the ruler of the maw, they just imprisoned him and locked the maw away after he tried a coup, there was no other ruler.
    There's a reason he's the brother to everyone, blizzard likes reusing old god mythology, Zovaal is basically Hades. hades ruled the underworld and was imprisoned there by Zeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It appears Ner'zhul is also making an appearance in the Shadowlands:

That is... not a very flattering model for Ner'zhul. I actually mistook it for a new enemy model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I know the thread is dedicated to the Primus model, however, new models for... Revendreth gargoyles?

...or proto-Nathrezim?

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...g?maxWidth=800

Personally, I feel like these are the "pure" Nathrezim. The race's original form before being transformed by whichever cosmic force they have been infiltrating.

Then again I can be completely off and these are just another version of Revendreth gargoyles.
    There is something about the Nathrezim in the datamined content for 9.1, so I'd say these are likely Nathrezim models of some kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 the 'Jailer' has been working for the Primus all along and Mister "I can see the future" has been 50 centuries ahead of everyone.

Edit: Also ouch do they really have to do Nerzhul like that? At least give him armour that falls off as you fight him or something Blizz.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    That is... not a very flattering model for Ner'zhul. I actually mistook it for a new enemy model.
    I think it's just this model below with the armor taken off which is why he looks so weird. Like Argus with his helmet off. It's a product of datamining not his actual look.

My guess is that the Primus is using a recycled or saved-from-the-garbage-bin design for the Jailer. Also, dude has five fingers (;
    Last edited by shoc; 2021-04-13 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    The model makes sense as to what he would look like lore wise. Kil'jaeden destroyed his body and twisted his soul, gave him the Helm of Dominiation/Frostmourne, entombed him in ice, and threw him into Icecrown Glacier.