Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    It's just his model stripped of the armour.

Anyways, being a raid boss is more recognition than WotLK gave him.
    yeah i just saw. still tho, the armoured version makes him look just as much like "random mad tormented soul attacking us and dying"

dude went from being a main villain in WC2+3, to not even being mentioned in WotLK, to being the only warlord not receiving a comic/video AND being the only warlord to die in a dungeon in WoD, to THIS.
    what has ner'zhul done to them lmao. did all the writers wives leave them bc of this character or what happened
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    aaaaaaand the odds of ner'zhul ending up as a throw away raid boss in the new raid went up to 99%
    *sigh*
    fck the writers. what a way to destroy one of their remaining OG characters
    1. he was already destroyed... hes been dead for decades... hes literally THE ENTIRE RAID BOSS
    2. how is having him return IN THE AFTERLIFE throwing him away to destroy an "og charecter"

- - - Updated - - -

yeah i just saw. still tho, the armoured version makes him look just as much like "random mad tormented soul attacking us and dying"

dude went from being a main villain in WC2+3, to not even being mentioned in WotLK, to being the only warlord not receiving a comic/video AND being the only warlord to die in a dungeon in WoD, to THIS.
    what has ner'zhul done to them lmao. did all the writers wives leave them bc of this character or what happened
    except he was mentioned in wotlk... a couple times... literally... dude do you not even read the books/play the games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. he was already destroyed... hes been dead for decades... hes literally THE ENTIRE RAID BOSS
    2. how is having him return IN THE AFTERLIFE throwing him away to destroy an "og charecter"

- - - Updated - - -

except he was mentioned in wotlk... a couple times... literally... dude do you not even read the books/play the games?
    see my post above. his "death" in the arthas book was completely out of the blue and an absolute insult to the character, and since then hes only been fcked over again and again.

books are not part of WotLK lol. and where was he mentioned in WotLK directly? except the LKs "i was once a shamn" line which was never mentioned again

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    They’re confirmed to be Dreadlords. What we faced were Fel/Void corrupted ones. Mal’ganis is even in this patch.
    Really? Do you have a link / source by chance for the Malganis bit? I believe you, just really curious!

7+ Year Old Account
    see my post above. his "death" was an absolute insult to the character, and since then hes only been fcked over again and again.
    His death? you mean his death back before wow even existed?

Or do you mean the alternate version of himself which was a coward and weak?

Cause i hate to be the one to break it to you, but the Wod warlords are different charecters then the base warlords, they are literally entirely different charecters.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-04-14 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Been saying this to those people for a long time, but they love to keep insisting that he didn't rule it. I mean I've said the whole "jailer not jailed" like a million times and they're like well now he is and it's like WHY would they then have him jailing people AFTER he betrayed them.

- - - Updated - - -

lol citation needed.
    The whole Maldraxxus campaign is you finding the Primus's gear and putting it on his statute in order to power boost the Necrolord covenant. Considering that the Scourge are supposed to be based off of the Necrolords it seemed like they were going to end up being phylacteries or something. Now it just turns out the dude didn't want to get his robe dirty when going off to the Maw or was going there for a booty call.

His death? you mean his death back before wow even existed?

Or do you mean the alternate version of himself which was a coward and weak?

Cause i hate to be the one to break it to you, but the Wod warlords are different charecters then the base warlords, they are literally entirely different charecters.
    dude, now whos hasnt read the books or played the games? his "death" at kil'jaedens hand doesnt count, bc he was immediatly revived.
    what i mean is his defeat/death at arthas's hands, in the arthas book from golden, which was published with WotLK, when blizz realised that arthas as the LK would sell more copies of the game.
    and WoD ner'zhul might be a different character, but his treatment still shows how much fucks blizz gives about the character. every other warlord was treated better. even fckn kilrogg

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    Really? Do you have a link / source by chance for the Malganis bit? I believe you, just really curious!
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=183742/...ration-preface

That book mentions a few things about the subject.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53129102 is the new image for him if you didn't already see that.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-04-14 at 01:30 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    see my post above. his "death" in the arthas book was completely out of the blue and an absolute insult to the character, and since then hes only been fcked over again and again.

books are not part of WotLK lol. and where was he mentioned in WotLK directly? except the LKs "i was once a shamn" line which was never mentioned again
    "Which was never mentioned again"
    Cause he was fucking DEAD.
    He did not die in the arthas book, he died long before thatr, in the arthas book he fooled arthas into a fake sense of security by playing with his mind and his ego, then later using this to just right out take control of his mind.

sounds like you really do not know of his actual lore.
    especially since he was seen again in legion and they did very well there, where we had to push him out of frostmourne trapping him entirely within the helm.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-04-14 at 01:26 AM.

"Which was never mentioned again"
    Cause he was fucking DEAD.
    He did not die in the arthas book, he died long before thatr, in the arthas book he fooled arthas into a fake sense of security by playing with his mind and his ego, then later using this to just right out take control of his mind.

sounds like you really do not know of his actual lore.
    what are you even talking about lol.
    he wasnt REALLY dead. kil'jaeden killed and then revived him as the LK, by binding him to the helm of domination. and in there he was up and kicking until the arthas book, where arthas killed him at the end. which was a retcon from the ending of WC3, where he and arthas fused.
    and since then we havent seen him until now

especially since he was seen again in legion and they did very well there, where we had to push him out of frostmourne trapping him entirely within the helm.
    yeaaaah go check that again. that, like arthas, was an ECHO of ner'zhul. not his actual soul.
    still waiting for his "mention" in WotLK btw
    Last edited by Houle; 2021-04-14 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=183742/...ration-preface

That book mentions a few things about the subject.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53129102 is the new image for him if you didn't already see that.
    Much appreciated, thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    @FelPlague @Houle

You guys are arguing semantics about what is considered "dead" and/or "alive" versus what Blizzard considers "active" and "present"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    There's a reason he's the brother to everyone, blizzard likes reusing old god mythology, Zovaal is basically Hades. hades ruled the underworld and was imprisoned there by Zeus.
    The Underworld was not Hades prison any more than the seas and oceans were Poseidon's prison. It was a dominion for him to rule over after the tianomachy. The idea that there was this animosity between Hades and Zeus is not a real thing. If anything Zeus and Poseidon had more reason to be at odds given Poseidon once schemed with some of the other gods to overthrow Zeus, which required the intervention of one of the hecatoncheires to stop the coup. I digress, the comparison does not track.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I knew he wasn't the Runecarver. My theory that the the Runecarver is Gul'dan could still happen.
    LOL no.
    Absolutely not.
    This is downright goofy to the Nth degree.

- - - Updated - - -

The Jailer would have looked far more imposing and ancient with that model. As of now he looks like a filthy bald janitor, with that model he'd actually look like a timeless God of Death, but it's too late for that. Regardless I'm glad Blizzard didn't waste that concept art.
    Agreed.
    It's very hard to take the current Jailer seriously.
    He looks like a dude that's salty and goes to the gym a lot, not, as you so eloquently put it: a timeless god of death - which is what he is supposed to be, folks!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    aaaaaaand the odds of ner'zhul ending up as a throw away raid boss in the new raid went up to 99%
    *sigh*
    fck the writers. what a way to destroy one of their remaining OG characters
    He does appear to be a raidboss in the Maw/Torghast raid, but his combat model is quite awesome in my opinion:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    He does appear to be a raidboss in the Maw/Torghast raid, but his combat model is quite awesome in my opinion:

Yeah people jumping too soon and reacting based on half of the model. Poor artists, spend all that time doing work and getting shit on online because players game themselves the wrong impression.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Yeah people jumping too soon and reacting based on half of the model. Poor artists, spend all that time doing work and getting shit on online because players game themselves the wrong impression.
    "But its just a reskin of marrowgar, such a disgrace for such an important character!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I knew he wasn't the Runecarver
    This is a good comment that in no shape or form will be affected by 9.1
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

"But its just a reskin of marrowgar, such a disgrace for such an important character!"
    except nobody ever said that lmao
    the model is dope. how theyll treat the character, thats another question entirely. which we shall find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post

yeah hell be a raid boss. maybe i shouldve worded it better: chances of him dying for good as a throw-away raid boss are getting quite high.
    but well see. perhaps, just perhaps, blizz surprises us.
    Last edited by Houle; 2021-04-14 at 03:30 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    except nobody ever said that lmao
    the model is dope. how theyll treat the character, thats another question entirely. which we shall find out soon enough.
    "Nobody ever said that lmao"
    really now? how much ya wanna bet?
    You know what, i will save you the money, cause any amount we bet would put you bankrupt.

and that aint even half the ones i found, im sure the reddit is fucking full of em.