Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Ardenweald Assault [Massive Spoilers]

The Ardenweald Assault is the first series of quest that leads you to Korthia/The Maw. The Winter Queen's sigil is inside of the Heart of the Forest. Sylvanas leads the assault but is thwarted by Tyrande who almost dies. The sigil has been taken. The Primus and Revendreth's sigil remain.

Sylvanas is after the Heart of the Forest and the Mawsworn have taken -all- of the wildseeds.

Tyrande and Sylvanas also fight.

Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2021-04-13 at 10:11 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Glad to see that Sylvanas' dialogue is as cringe as ever. Though at least this time she didn't make a "where did you fly away to little bird?!"-level joke. 10/10 villain writing by the way.

Update. Tyrande and Sylvanas fight in Ardenweald in a rendered cinematic that isn't available yet. Not sure if cinema rendered or in game engine rendered.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande got owned ad it seems.. how surprising!

Kill her next time Sylvanas jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Glad to see that Sylvanas' dialogue is as cringe as ever. Though at least this time she didn't make a "where did you fly away to little bird?!"-level joke. 10/10 villain writing by the way.
    That's PH dialogue...

The Winter Queen's sigil is in the Heart of the Forest confirmed.

I'm pleasantly surprised they even gave Tyrande a cutscene fight with Sylvanas but entirely unsurprised she loses it. Then again, if she could take Sylvanas there'd be no way she'd qualify as a raid boss, but what can you do.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I'm pleasantly surprised they even gave Tyrande a cutscene fight with Sylvanas but entirely unsurprised she loses it. Then again, if she could take Sylvanas there'd be no way she'd qualify as a raid boss, but what can you do.
    After they battle, the sigil is taken. The Primus and Revendreth are the remaining sigils. After you leave, Oribos is under attack and something has happened to the Arbiter I think?

Let's be honest here, Tyrande has a lot of power, but no real idea how to use it. She's been squandering it the whole time just running around aimlessly while it slowly destroys her body.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Let's be honest here, Tyrande has a lot of power, but no real idea how to use it. She's been squandering it the whole time just running around aimlessly while it slowly destroys her body.
    great statement with a few tiny changes here and there:

Let's be honest here, Blizzard has a lot of writers and game designers, but no real idea how to use it. They‘ve been squandering it the whole time just running around aimlessly while it slowly destroys their customer base.

see what i did here ?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    She's spent a good portion of it off-screen or being hyped up without doing anything. I am sure the cutscene itself will be great visually, but it won't make up for the bad shake the character's gotten and how flat this power up is.

@TheramoreIsTheBomb

Do we know the order of the Covenant quests? Is this the final or towards the middle? Put another way does the Jailer get all of them by the time of the raid.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    After they battle, the sigil is taken. The Primus and Revendreth are the remaining sigils. After you leave, Oribos is under attack and something has happened to the Arbiter I think?
    Oh...

That ends the Sigil story much faster than I thought...

Also, Revendreth and Maldraxxus? I thought Oribos would be the last key.

She's spent a good portion of it off-screen or being hyped up without doing anything. I am sure the cutscene itself will be great visually, but it won't make up for the bad shake the character's gotten and how flat this power up is.

@TheramoreIsTheBomb

Do we know the order of the Covenant quests? Is this the final or towards the middle? Put another way does the Jailer get all of them by the time of the raid.
    Not sure. You go to Ardenweald then Oribos then the Maw to Ve'nari then to Koritha then back to Oribos where Bolvar leads the four covenants into Korthia.

exactly, night warrior power hyped up by blizzard and all Tyrande's been able to do with it is kill nathanos... and even then, canonically after we weaken him beforehand.

big whoop

she'll probably not be able to land a hit on sylvanus (danuser will protect his queen), and gets beaten down leading to us dealing with the power and w.e else nonsense blizzard writes for this night warrior joke :/

3+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit, is Vol'jin gone too?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    That's PH dialogue...
    It's going to stay. SL and BFA both have the worst dialogue we've seen in forever, and that's a pretty low bar. WoW's dialogue has always been bad, but no where near this bad.

"You'll never stop me!!" Before flying off has got to be the lowest point of "yea I don't give a fuck" the dialogue writers have ever been.

- - - Updated - - -

@TheramoreIsTheBomb

It's going to be yet again another "Sylvanas nonfatally shoots so and so and rockets off again" cinematic. For fuck's sake this is getting old.

Obviously the animators do a very great job, but they're just not given much to work with. The writing is abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    If all the wildseeds are indeed gone, I would have to assume yes, unfortunately.

Even more reason to kick Sylvanas' and the Jailer's butt. No messing with our boy Vol'jin again!

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    see what i did here ?
    Trying to blame the slowly shrinking customer base due to the games' age on various percieved failures of Blizzard as is common on this forum while being very unimaginative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Oh so the Arbiter might actually do something/ be involved somehow this expansion instead of just floating around as no one suggests a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Oh yeah his story ends with him fusing and entering a Wildseed didn't it? Hopeful he won't pop up as a boss somewhere.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    If all the wildseeds are indeed gone, I would have to assume yes, unfortunately.

Even more reason to kick Sylvanas' and the Jailer's butt. No messing with our boy Vol'jin again!
    *Bwonsamdi screams because he's somehow lost Vol'jin spirit... Again*

- - - Updated - - -

However, maybe something happens to the souls inside of his seed, and Rezan 'unfuzes'? That'sd be cool
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.