Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Imagine being a new player in 9.1

You finally finished leveling to level 60 and now you are greeted with 80 renown levels
    Sounds absolutely terrible

With the catch-up mechanism, I don't see a major problem. It could look overwelming to see that number, but once see how fast you go...
    You can currently get more renown in 1 day with an alter than what you could get with your main in a month when it was current.

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    You finally finished leveling to level 60 and now you are greeted with 80 renown levels
    Oh no, you need to play 10-20hrs to catch-up with the last 7 month long patch. INEXCUSABLE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was there a confirmation about the additional 40 renown levels?

Even so, there is catchup that is quite generous.

Then again, people are going to feel behind if they join an MMORPG months into the content.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

imagine being a new player and having stuff to do. God damn !

I would think the worst part is not knowing there are good specs and bad specs for different end game activities, and if you pick the wrong one at the start, you have to throw away your work and start over.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofo1 View Post
    imagine being a new player and having stuff to do. God damn !
    Ohno, did you just say I will get rewards that gives me progress from doing content again when I return? ;[

The anima grind is 100x worse.

Imagine getting told you will be able to unlock flying in 9.1 BUT 9.1 is 4 months overdue and you have to grind 40 more renown and god knows what. Bait and switch boyzzzzzz basically bringing it in line +/- 1 month with X.2 lmao

"blizz shill": waaaaaaaah but it's STILL 9.1 why are you making a scene waaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I'm fairly sure they stated previously that you wouldn't need renown 40 to progress the 9.1 campaign questline.

Given Blizzard's track record in regards to these thing (Nazjatar in 8.2 for example), you'll be able to skip over any previous content and jump straight into the new content.

Wouldn't even be surprised if every single quest gave you a renown level to get you quickly caught up to 40.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Imagine having 40 renown already and having again to take 13 weeks to get the next 40.

big numbers scary...

The further you are away from the cap, the more intense is the catchup. About a month ago I leveled an alt to 60 and pretty much everything gave me a renown level. Once I reached ~20 it slowed down. In 9.1 they could make it so that literally every activity rewards a renown level and some longer activities like a dungeon could even give multiple levels at once.
    Or they could do the BfA thing were you do a small intro quest that immediately bumps you 20-30 levels up. This is literally a nonissue and you are grasping for something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Imagine getting told you will be able to unlock flying in 9.1 BUT 9.1 is 4 months overdue and you have to grind 40 more renown and god knows what. Bait and switch boyzzzzzz basically bringing it in line +/- 1 month with X.2 lmao

"blizz shill": waaaaaaaah but it's STILL 9.1 why are you making a scene waaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    Flying is rewarded at the end of the new part of the covenant campaign, and it is a very safe bet that won't require level 80 renown. After all, the current campaign ends well before 40.

But don't let logic stop you from throwing a hissy fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Flying is rewarded at the end of the new part of the covenant campaign, and it is a very safe bet that won't require level 80 renown. After all, the current campaign ends well before 40.

But don't let logic stop you from throwing a hissy fit.
    Listen man I really want retail to succeed but I think we've reached the top a long time ago and at best we're gonna have a few more expansions with some sort of spikes and that's it. Modern WoW is probably going to milk what they can and I can accept it. /salute from TBC!

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    The anima grind is 100x worse.
    so are pet battles and RBGs but all of those including anima grind are optional content

I was greeted with 80 Necklace levels when I started in 9.0 BFA.
    Did some War Campaign quests to unlock Island Expeditions and cheesed it in 2 weeks or so.
    Also odds have it that those new 41~80 will be time gated like the 1~40.
    If anything you should expect first 80 renown 5 months after 9.1 lands.

Flying is earned at the end of the campaign, which is Renown 59. No where near grinding 40 renown.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Was there a confirmation about the additional 40 renown levels?
    Yep. In the 9.1 PTR patchnotes it says:

"COVENANTS

- New Covenant Campaign Chapters.
    - 40 new Renown levels."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post
    Yep. In the 9.1 PTR patchnotes it says:

"COVENANTS

- New Covenant Campaign Chapters.
    - 40 new Renown levels."
    Thank you. Guess I missed that part.

Even so, when you can do a 10+ renown catch up in a week, it isn't that horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Renown catchup is so generous. Easily do 10+ levels in a week of catchup.

Further on, flight was only announced with completion of the campaign (new one) for now. There has not been any further update on that as of what I can see.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Something that most people always tend to conveniently forget about these "new player" scenarios, everything is generally shiny and new for new players and they aren't bitter like the people who don't like the game anymore but still amazingly log in to play at every opportunity.