Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Imagine being a new player in 7.1.5.

You just hit level 110 and need to grind 54 artifact traits. The catch-up mechanism is time gated by two months of completing every fucking WQ on the map.

Sounds absolutely terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No. You can't. No one person can. You can't speak for every single new player coming to the game and how they would feel about the topic being discussed in this thread.
    I'm just built different.

But in all serious, you talking about what you would do if you were a new player means just as little as me talking about what new players would do.

I play games because they are fun and have tasks for me to do. If I am playong the game, why would I be upset with a progression system? Why would lack of flying bother me?

No. I don't know how new players will behave. Which is why I said if -I- was a new player, I'd just go play a different game after seeing the insane endgame grind.
    Insane?
    Like what? Do 2 torghasts a week + rescue 20 souls from the maw? Don't tell me renown is grind, because you literally get it from anything you do in current expansion. If you don't like anything from current expansion you either a) don't need renown b) don't want to play this game in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofo1 View Post
    imagine being a new player and having stuff to do. God damn !
    I know right. The fact when I first log in and don't immediately get AoTC and BiS gear/legendary I ask myself why am I paying?? Jk obviously

Op I get your point but considering you get renown very fast now I'm sure in 9.1 it'll be even faster. It's not unreasonable to expect new players to play the game for a bit after dinging 60. Instead of running to new content and raid/lfr

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    You finally finished leveling to level 60 and now you are greeted with 80 renown levels
    Sounds absolutely terrible
    Hard disagree.

Catchup is so extreme that it wouldn't even be a concern.

Can just sub again once flying is enabled I guess?

IMHO the main problem of wow is the lack of solo content.

Endgame is pretty much begging groups to invite you to a good raid guild or good rbg group.

Quote Originally Posted by Pregnant Orc View Post
    Do the covenant campaigns even have 10-20 hours worth of content so you can catch up to the new catch up systems?
    Getting 40 renown + doing all the story stuff should be roughly around that.

I urge all of you that share this opinion to make new threads like this. That way I can easily filter out the players that don't think about what they write and put them on ignore. If OP would understand how renown works, then this idiocy would never have been written.

Honestly, SL is probably the most beginner/casual friendly expansion since half a decade. And renown is earned passively, so no need to worry about that. Also which new players? I doubt that WoW attracts new players, that don't have anyone to help them play.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Insane?
    Like what? Do 2 torghasts a week + rescue 20 souls from the maw? Don't tell me renown is grind, because you literally get it from anything you do in current expansion. If you don't like anything from current expansion you either a) don't need renown b) don't want to play this game in the first place.
    Oh ok. so because I dislike everything about Shadowlands after playing it, that means I've somehow never actually played the expansion. Do you not see how ridiculous your comment looks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the catch up throws them at your face left and right. But ofc you forgot to mention that part since that would not agree with your rant.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone wants to clear everything as fast as possible to show their "friends" how "good" they are.
    Im not impressed by your pixels.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Renown is nothing

I started the expansion like a month and a half ago and maxed renown on two of my characters so far playing really casually. It's not very hard. I'm certain there will be even more catchup in 9.1.

Bear in mind that while we have renown, which has some mild impacts on player power, we do not have artifact power this expansion to grind. Anima is almost entirely cosmetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

You finally finished leveling to level 60 and now you are greeted with 80 renown levels
    Well, the game is a MMO - It is expected to be lasting, right? Insane amount of % wants stuff handed to them, then they get bored the first month and complain about it. Thats what i usually see, people wants boost are the same Should feel rewarding!

You do the daily calls, some dungeons, a bg a day and the renown just keeps coming left and right. And the more you spam spammable dungeons/bgs, the faster it accumulates. All this of course requires some effort, but you can reach the current cap in what? 1 or 2 resets?

If I was a new player and saw the mountain I'd have to climb just to unlock something like flying, I'd just go play a different game honestly.
    When I was new there were 80 levels to gain. I knew nothing, I did everything wrong. And leveling was a whole ton lengthier back then than it is now, and the endgame felt immense as I had no clues.

And my enthusiasm lasted for 11 years. Saying how you'd react as a new player now is 100% colored by your jaded attitude as a veteran, or even as someone having fallen out of love with the game for various reasons.

So my point stands. Projecting one's own jadedness onto new players, is retard-level lack of reasoning and ability to think beyond oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Flying is earned at the end of the campaign, which is Renown 59. No where near grinding 40 renown.
    59, huh?
    So that's waiting until 9.1 releases and then, what.. 19 / 3 = how many weeks we'll need after 9.1 releases?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    59, huh?
    So that's waiting until 9.1 releases and then, what.. 19 / 3 = how many weeks we'll need after 9.1 releases?
    6-7 weeks after 9.1 launches we can fly.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    not really, do a single dungeon, get a renown, do a raidfinder, get 4, do 3 world quests, get another, do this for a couple, weeks and you are suddenly caught up to people who have been playing for almost a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Imagine getting told you will be able to unlock flying in 9.1 BUT 9.1 is 4 months overdue and you have to grind 40 more renown and god knows what. Bait and switch boyzzzzzz basically bringing it in line +/- 1 month with X.2 lmao

"blizz shill": waaaaaaaah but it's STILL 9.1 why are you making a scene waaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    you dont need to get 40 renown levels to get flying...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Imagine having 40 renown already and having again to take 13 weeks to get the next 40.
    imagine forgetting we dony actually know if we will still only be able to get 2 a week in 9.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

"6-7 weeks after 9.1 launches we can fly."

Which is hilarious because Blizz touted about how there was no rep grind and it was tied to renown. As soon as they said that I told my guild "Yea instead of grinding rep for 1.5-2 weeks you have to wait 2 months to grind renown"

Classic Blizz move tbh. Claim a new system is "better" when really it's trying to keep you subbed by time-gating you.