Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregnant Orc View Post
    Damn. I just want to play the game with people. Not deal with the damn guided tour system
    Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    And you have yet to qualify how a new player in 7.1.5 would use 2 months on it as well. And I did change my original post before you posted, because if you can be fucking hyperbolic, so can I.

And we were talking about AP. But if you want to move goalpost, let's add that getting two legendaries would take 2 weeks with normal play in 7.1.5, thats also how long it took to upgrade the order hall upgrades in 7.1.5. If you didn't stand idling in Dalaran for those weeks.
    I went back to reread my original post and I guess if we're being semantic, yes, it was hyperbolic to say the catch-up mechanism itself was gated behind two months of WQs. But the actual process of going about getting two Legiondaries (assuming you have God tier RNG and don't roll two dogshit pieces) and getting to max AP was not nearly as simple as you clearly indicated in your first reply to me. I don't think it's a stretch to say that it would take as much as two months to get a toon ready for Mythic raiding. If you were a new/returning player in 7.1.5 and you wanted to raid anything above the LFR, you had a very long, very arduous and (imo) very boring journey ahead of you. You clearly have a much higher regard for the expansion than I do, I just wanted to point out that as bad as 40 Anime Power might seem it pales in comparison what you'd have to do in early Legion.

100%

If I wanted a 10-20 hour campaign there are a lot of single player games out there with much better stories than WoW. Group content is why I play MMOs
    Last edited by Pregnant Orc; 2021-04-14 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    if its 3 weeks it will be longer then it took for past flying.
    but you have to remember it will still be earlier, cause past flying came in .2 patches, this is coming in .1
    I just checked my BFA Pathfinder was achieved on July 4th, 2019. The patch dropped June 25th, 2019. That's 10 days after patch drop where flight was obtained.

If it takes 3 weeks of renown the system is objectively worse than the old rep grind. Hell, my 10 days wasn't even that fast. Probably about average for someone doing the Mechagon and Nazjatar rep grind every day.

The fact that it is coming sooner based on life of the expansion doesn't really hold much weight tbh. Me not having flight in 8.1 or 9.0 doesn't really matter since it's not achievable. 8.2 it was achievable in 10 days of average play. 9.1 it remains to be seen because we don't know how much renown we can earn per week. In order for it to match BFA it would have to be 10 renown per week. I'm willing to predict that won't be the amount and it will be in the 3-5 renown per week range.

The thing is flight isn't a necessity because we've been without it but it's just funny that Blizz is advertising the new way to get flight as a better way this time around (No rep grind!) when it's probably gonna take longer than the old way. I won't blame anyone for preferring getting renown every week over grinding a rep every day but in terms of time and efficiency this system will be take longer if they stick with the current renown cap system. Who knows, maybe they do change it and you can earn all 40 renown levels in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You clearly have a much higher regard for the expansion than I do, I just wanted to point out that as bad as 40 Anime Power might seem it pales in comparison what you'd have to do in early Legion.
    Yeah, I dinged 110 in November 16th I belive on my hunter alt which became main, had 54 traits in early january, 6-7 weeks. But that was with lesser catch up than what 7.1.5 provided. 7-8 leggos at that time too. The first catch up for order hall came in 7.1, the other in 7.1.5. It was also the best time I have had in the game(including Nighthold) where I finally felt that I was powering up my character through proper means, just not gear as we have had in every expansion before.

Anyway, different experiences and opinions, different shit. I do definitely agree that the Renown Catch up crushes any other AP catch up we have had this early in an expansion and have praised it for being such a good way to power up for all, new players as well as those who got alts. I belive in 7.3, or 7.3.2 they added the universal AK and has used that ever since. Even though Legion was great for me, it has been improvement for alts and all those who comes after.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    The anima grind is 100x worse.
    What grind

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Imagine getting told you will be able to unlock flying in 9.1 BUT 9.1 is 4 months overdue and you have to grind 40 more renown and god knows what. Bait and switch boyzzzzzz basically bringing it in line +/- 1 month with X.2 lmao

"blizz shill": waaaaaaaah but it's STILL 9.1 why are you making a scene waaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    Imagine not paying attention and thinking flying is unlocked at renown 80

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorGHouse View Post
    I just checked my BFA Pathfinder was achieved on July 4th, 2019. The patch dropped June 25th, 2019. That's 10 days after patch drop where flight was obtained.

If it takes 3 weeks of renown the system is objectively worse than the old rep grind. Hell, my 10 days wasn't even that fast. Probably about average for someone doing the Mechagon and Nazjatar rep grind every day.

The fact that it is coming sooner based on life of the expansion doesn't really hold much weight tbh. Me not having flight in 8.1 or 9.0 doesn't really matter since it's not achievable. 8.2 it was achievable in 10 days of average play. 9.1 it remains to be seen because we don't know how much renown we can earn per week. In order for it to match BFA it would have to be 10 renown per week. I'm willing to predict that won't be the amount and it will be in the 3-5 renown per week range.

The thing is flight isn't a necessity because we've been without it but it's just funny that Blizz is advertising the new way to get flight as a better way this time around (No rep grind!) when it's probably gonna take longer than the old way. I won't blame anyone for preferring getting renown every week over grinding a rep every day but in terms of time and efficiency this system will be take longer if they stick with the current renown cap system. Who knows, maybe they do change it and you can earn all 40 renown levels in 2 weeks.
    yes... and how long was patch 8.2 after the launch of BFA?

reminder BFA got its flight in 8.2
    shadowlands will get its in 9.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Pregnant Orc View Post
    Do the covenant campaigns even have 10-20 hours worth of content so you can catch up to the new catch up systems?
    It has less than 5. It took me 5 hours to do the campaign, do last boss LFR, a mythic + and open Torghast and do 2 Torghast 4 runs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Yes they do, any time a friend of mine joins the game he just waits to hit a level where he can play together with the rest of our group of friends
    So leveling time plus 5 hours. Seems hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Not to mention being expected to know what every single mob does, the first pull, in 8 large dungeons, if you ever want to participate in m+.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No. You can't. No one person can. You can't speak for every single new player coming to the game and how they would feel about the topic being discussed in this thread.
    Can you? For you to be right you would need to know what every new player feels about a topic they have no knowledge of. Or until you can find someone that disagrees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    You finally finished leveling to level 60 and now you are greeted with 80 renown levels
    Sounds absolutely terrible
    I have 7 alts, all 7 got to 40 in the same week they hit 60. It's called a catch up system and it's actually not bad, you also get a 195-200 ilvl by finishing the story, doing lfr, running Mythic 0s, and doing WQs all things you can do the moment you hit 60 and finish your story for ilvl.

You seem like the type to post and cry there's nothing to do, blizzard gives you something to do by giving you 40 more levels to grind and you're crying

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes... and how long was patch 8.2 after the launch of BFA?

reminder BFA got its flight in 8.2
    shadowlands will get its in 9.1
    Like I said that argument is pretty weak. But I'll humor you. 8.2 came out 10 months after BFA launch. 9.1 best case is it comes out end of June which would be 8 months after launch. But if the current systems are in place then that means we would unlock flying 7 weeks after patch launch which would be closer to 10 months after launch. So really it would be about 2-3 weeks sooner? Yay?

I don't know why this is the hill you are trying to die on for this. You can't fly until the patch that has it is released. Someone who played since launch of Shadowlands doesn't get flying any sooner in 9.1 than someone who quit in February and is coming back for 9.1. That's the whole gripe I have here. Blizzard was like "Yay! No rep grind for Flying!" (Which again, took me 10 days in BFA) and then said "Ok do renown. Here's 40 more levels and you get flying at 59"

Current PTR seems to indicate its the same rate as the initial 40 so the 7 weeks after the patch is holding up pretty well. It could definitely change but the system, as I said, is objectively worse than the previous one. It doesn't matter if the Patch comes out tomorrow or 6 months from now. It matters on how soon after the patch is released can you unlock flying. You can't unlock something that isn't in the game yet.

Think of it this way: I quit now and plan to come back when 9.1 drops. Does it really matter that 9.1 drops in June or December? No because I'm not playing anyway and I'm not missing out anything by not playing. Once that patch does drop I hop in. My buddy who has stuck with his subscription comes in too. It takes both of us the same amount of time to unlock flying. So it didn't matter at ALL that I didn't play while he did. So you have to base it on when flight is actually obtainable and not months after the expansion launches. No one is flying right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Was there a confirmation about the additional 40 renown levels?

Even so, there is catchup that is quite generous.

Then again, people are going to feel behind if they join an MMORPG months into the content.
    They said that flying would be connected to renown. So either everyone at 40 gets flying when 9.1 drops, everyone at 40 gets it after doing some quests, or there's some more levels being added.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    They said that flying would be connected to renown. So either everyone at 40 gets flying when 9.1 drops, everyone at 40 gets it after doing some quests, or there's some more levels being added.
    The only thing I heard was that they needed to complete the new campaign added in 9.1
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    The "something to do" is really stupid, repetitive and boring, so there won't even be any new players, the entire thread is a what if scenario.

It's more like, "what if retail WoW had new players" lmao.

I gave up on the renown grind, and my friends just straight up quit because of the timegating behind it.

It just feels like very underrewarding chores. With 40 more tacked on, yet too.. Ugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    The "something to do" is really stupid, repetitive and boring, so there won't even be any new players, the entire thread is a what if scenario.

It's more like, "what if retail WoW had new players" lmao.
    Shadowlands actually brought in a ton of new players. The amount of people with little to no achievement points running around during launch was crazy lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I gave up on the renown grind, and my friends just straight up quit because of the timegating behind it.

It just feels like very underrewarding chores. With 40 more tacked on, yet too.. Ugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Shadowlands actually brought in a ton of new players. The amount of people with little to no achievement points running around during launch was crazy lol
    Yeah I too know someone (a lot of people) who spends 40-60$ on a game, plays once, then never launches it ever again. It's not something people admit to because it's embarrassing behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh noooooooooo. Imagine having lots of content to do? How absolutely horrible..

So it would better to reach 60 and then just... nothing but gear anymore?

Also: Renown catchup is laughable fast. I was at 34 one day after my toon dinged 60.

The problem is rather, that it happens so fast they get overwhelmed with new stuff.

You mean 40 renown levels that you catch up to within 1 or 2 weeks, and 40 more that you naturally get just playing the game afterwards?

Oh yeah, that sounds trully traumatizing
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.