Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    The difference in size between the Orcs and Humans made any combat between the two completely unbelievable. The humans were way too small.
    Exactly! It was a weird route to go.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Holy shit, that Garona/Lothar scene was... um... it was a thing I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

With CGI as advanced as that gryphon how could it have possibly failed?
    You do realize that these are DELETED scenes and thus were probably scrapped before the animator could finish render, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Immamoonkin View Post
    You do realize that these are DELETED scenes and thus were probably scrapped before the animator could finish render, right?
    Oh okay. As apposed to all of the actual dogshit CGI that actually made it into the movie. :-/

I still hate how robotic the orcs sound. They all sound like Batflec from JL / Dawn of Justice

10+ Year Old Account
    These were already on the Blu Ray and DVD releases.

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I don't know about the head-pinching, but I fully agree with your take on the human scenes vs the orc scenes.

Oh, and the Dwarves and Night Elves were a joke. Handled so damned poorly.

Fuck, I was stupidly hopeful for this movie. Blizzard should have taken more control of it. Sigh
    Those were high elves not night elves.

It wasn't a bad movie, and it certainly wasn't a good movie. It did irk me just how young Khadgar is, and how very American he sounds.

There isn't enough deleted scenes to make this a better movie. They would literary have to just start over given how bad it all was except the CGI. Thats the one thing they got right.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...yet Hollywood keeps making movies where 90 lb anorexic females beat up 300 lb muscled bad guys.

That apart...you can make it work. Think Pippin and Eowyn against the Witch-king of Angmar. Well...it really shouldn't work but suspension of disblief and all that. Otherwise hardly any movie or show works.
    I don't think anyone suspends disbelief in your first scenario, its bad writing, bad casting, and bad action if not done properly. A small woman can beat up a large man in real life if she kicks him in the dick and hits him with a chair. The difference in size and musculature between the Orcs and Humans in warcraft is more along the lines of an 8 year old and a Ronnie Coleman.

Pip and Eowyn didn't overpower the Witch King. Eowym dodged an attack and cut the head off the Fellbeast and then got her shit kicked in by the Witch King and then almost died just from stabbing it in the face. In this example its simply a tall man and a normal-sized woman.

Either way what you said is simply nonsense. Apples and oranges.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sonics View Post
    It wasn't a bad movie, and it certainly wasn't a good movie. It did irk me just how young Khadgar is, and how very American he sounds.
    All the human casting in this movie was absolutely abysmal.

Warcraft live-action will never work if you ask me, not without an MCU-level budget at least which won't happen. The universe is too high fantasy, too over the top to properly portray in live-action without just looking cheap and odd.

An animated series is right up the IP's alley, would enable it to keep its visual identity, and can be done on a far lower budget. If it can work for Castlevania, it can work for Warcraft.

A full CGI movie/series would also be a dream but obviously far, far too long and expensive to ever happen.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Oh okay. As apposed to all of the actual dogshit CGI that actually made it into the movie. :-/
    What a mad ignorant comment. The movie was amazing.

Do better than them if it's actual dogshit.

Holy shit, as an artist, this comment makes me livid. You truly have no idea the amount of work it goes into doing CG, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Could this movie have been any more awful
    I loved it, Wish they would have kept going with it and move forward in the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Immamoonkin View Post
    What a mad ignorant comment. The movie was amazing.

Do better than them if it's actual dogshit.

Holy shit, as an artist, this comment makes me livid. You truly have no idea the amount of work it goes into doing CG, do you?
    Right, because it's my job as a random internet forum user to do better than what a Hollywood tentpole with a budget of hundreds of millions of dollars did. Some of the CGI in this movie looked like shit. I'm sorry my subjective observation of the effects in this movie has somehow angered the CGI artist's union you apparently represent. I'll make sure I run all my opinions by you the next time I form them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonics View Post
    Khadgar was magically aged in his fight with Medivh, which was left out of the movie. but yeah, the reason hes old looking is magic
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    The orc scenes should've 100% been kept.
    The movie should have been only orcs tbh. Orcs were easily the best part of the movie, everything else was .... awkward.

15+ Year Old Account
    The entire movie should have been 'deleted scenes'.
    As much as I like WoW since 2007 that movie was sooooo bad.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thought the plot and CGI were really bad, now I see acting is even worse lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in that pool that enjoyed it but totally get why people didn't like it. Most of the legit complaints about the movie seem valid, they did try and cram too much into this movie. As a Warcraft fan this isn't affect me because I know about warcraft and these characters already so it wasnt confusing to me, I just filled in the gaps.

I personally think Warcraft should have been an animated series on Netflix or something. You can get in way more story that way than a movie these days. Warcraft is a very lore heavy movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Thought the plot and CGI were really bad, now I see acting is even worse lol
    they should have made it full CGI. 80% of the movie was already CGI :P

10+ Year Old Account
    While I think they could have done way better, I still enjoyed the movie. I loved seeing the characters come to life.

It'd have been more interesting to have seen a movie with Arthas rise and fall. At least we got a cool looking warlock staff out of this.