Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Kael'thas gets a new voice actor in 9.1

Blizzard has decided to replace Kael'thas voice actor Quinton Floyd. Not only are they replacing his lines from Shadowlands, but all his lines from Burning Crusade too. This is likely because of the sexual harassment rumors Quinn got from last year. https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-voi...patch-9-321853 Do you think Blizzard did the right thing?

Video to compare the old and new voice actor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLKbnrtneVc The new guy has no emotion or soul at all. He's just reading from a script and trying too hard.

3+ Year Old Account
    He still sounds the same in HotS apparently, will that be changed too?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

While I totally get their reasoning if they have plans for Kael'thas moving forward and don't want to employ a potential sexual predator, I'm really not a fan of the way the new VO delivers his lines. They unfortunately lack charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually had the opposite feeling, I thought the old one was more monotonic. Overall, I think the new one was very similar to the old one, so I don't think I'm even gonna notice the change moving forward.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Not a fan of his new voice, it lacks all charisma and obviously reads off a script. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kael in HotS gets the same treatment. Its not like my audio is even on for these games anyway.

Didn’t Quinton voice Kael in WC3 aswell?

New guy is ok. Definitely not as annoyed with this change as I was originally with Sylvanas' voice change in wrath at least

I haven't actually found any accounts of him doing something illegal. He's possibly sleazy, a womanizer and an adulterer... Like what, 30% of people in a relationship? Meh.

But if the creators of the game don't wanna deal with that, or perhaps they know something as of yet undisclosed that's bound to leak, then have at it. Kael'thas was never more than a loot pináta to me so his voice is meaningless.

Was far more annoyed with the change to Lor'themar's voice back in 8.1... Jesus, he sounded awful there for a while.

Assholes facing consequences is a good thing, "cancel culture" me all you want, not gonna change my mind there.

This is assuming, of course, that there is proof, not just an accusation. Cancelling people over accusations is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Assholes facing consequences is a good thing, "cancel culture" me all you want, not gonna change my mind there.

This is assuming, of course, that there is proof, not just an accusation. Cancelling people over accusations is wrong.
    Innocent until proven guilty. Not the other way around. People so quick to jump on one side or the other these days.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty. Not the other way around. People so quick to jump on one side or the other these days.
    Yep, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a trial. Sometimes it's pretty obvious, and there is enough proof, before a trial. I don't think anyone was getting mad over cancelling Epstein, for example.

5+ Year Old Account
    I like the old voice more. It has his personality in it. Why they are changing it? Couldn't keep the old voice Actor?

Wonder if they'll change it in TBC classic. I like the old voice better but I agree with the change assuming they have proof of wrongdoing.

"Metal Gear and Kingdom Hearts Voice Actor Facing Sexual Harassment Accusations from Fans" so it's accusations not guilty? cancel culture strikes again. I'm all for pieces of shit being shunned by society and tossed in jail, when they're proven guilty. But metoo proved one thing, that most women are full of shit. EVERY SINGLE metoo sob story I read ended up being proven false by the accused.
    People love grabbing their pitch forks and coming to the aid of a woman crying she was raped, and wanting to destroy the guys life. But when it comes out later she lied, NOTHING is rectified for the guy who's life was just ruind.
    Blizzard did not do the right thing, until he's literally in jail or a judge says "you're guilty" the man is innocent

It‘s in most cases accusations, very rarely are there facts and the accused guilty, but hey, cancel culture. Dig some stuff up you said 10 years on Twitter and let the mob judge you.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

They replaced a voice actor because of some rumours? How ridiculous that sounds, you can end someone's career with a rumour. The new one is an imitation of the old one and it sounds stiff, prefer the old one. Stuff like this annoys me, people can't leave things put.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Lets end a mans career on 1 single accusation. Absolutely DO NOT wait and see if he is actually guilty or not.
    Well fucking done. This clown world is fucked

Torn on it to be honest. I want innocent till proven guilty to be a thing again but strictly talking about the VO.

He is decent... he lacks something in the death grasp and inflection on the taunts but I find his more passive delivery better between it.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Wonder if they'll change it in TBC classic. I like the old voice better but I agree with the change assuming they have proof of wrongdoing.
    Yes they are changing it for both TBC classic and retail.

"Blind half-night elf mongrel" has always been my favorite voiceover in the entire game and the new guy does not do it justice.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Surprisingly good replacement. I was a huge fan of Kael's old voice so I expected to hate it, but it's so close that unless you knew that the VO changed you probably wouldn't even notice.