Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    This is gonna get more political by the second so I'll just boil down what I think: I think this is dumb and Blizzard is being dumb.

  2. #62
    The Lightbringer SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    3,744
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    We don't know if this has anything to do with the assault claims. It's entirely possible they were re-recorded for more innocuous reasons and the controversy is an unfortunate coincidence.
    I'm sorry but I find that extremely hard to believe. #CancelCulture in full swing, Guilty even if proven innocent.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I Have Shadowlands Beta. Woo?
    Let me know when Transfers are on Beta

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I'm sorry but I find that extremely hard to believe. #CancelCulture in full swing, Guilty even if proven innocent.
    But shouldn't you be holding Blizzard innocent until proven guilty? Otherwise you are just as a part of cancel culture as you claim Blizzard is. Weird right?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #64
    It's just artificial outrage disguised as political discourse. The guy's a scumbag, who cares if he gets canceled? Screw him.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But shouldn't you be holding Blizzard innocent until proven guilty? Otherwise you are just as a part of cancel culture as you claim Blizzard is. Weird right?
    Is he trying to cancel Blizzard or what are you even implying?

    Epstein also killed himself in your world, right,

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It's just artificial outrage disguised as political discourse. The guy's a scumbag, who cares if he gets canceled? Screw him.
    Why, you know him or what?

    So you either have proof of guilt or you should vouch for him.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Is he trying to cancel Blizzard or what are you even implying?

    Epstein also killed himself in your world, right
    Straight for the nuclear option, eh?

    What the fuck does Epstein have to do with this? He's just saying that it's a bit presumptuous for two thirds of this thread to be screaming "GAHHHH CANCEL CULTURE DAE BLIZZARD DUMB DAE BLIZZARD MAEK BAD DECISION LOL DAE MEMBER J ALLEN BRACK APOLOGY AT BLIZZCON???//"

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I hope Bwonsamdi dosen't get a third new VA....
    They're tired of ol' Bwansamdi. They want new Bwonsamdi.

    (wait, third?! His VA changed?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Is he trying to cancel Blizzard or what are you even implying?
    Judging blizzard with out knowing the real reason is the same as cancel culture. They are accusing Blizzard of partaking in cancel culture by changing voice actors. You, and the others, getting outraged over Blizzard changing voice actors are just as bad as cancel culture. Because you don't know the real reasons but feel the need to be outraged over what you think those reasons to be.

    Innocent until guilty should be applied to everyone or thing.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-04-15 at 01:10 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  9. #69
    The Patient Kufell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    239
    Not a massive fan of the new voice, though also never been particularly fond of Kael'thas' old one, so not too fussed either way.

    Can't say I'm surprised to see him get replaced given the current allegations being made against him. Though we don't even know if that is the case, could just be with everything going on he doesn't have the time, or is taking some time away from the industry for personal reasons, so just like folks shouldn't be treating Quinton Flynn as guilty, also shouldn't be quick to just outright react as if it was definitely for that reason he wasn't brought back.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Straight for the nuclear option, eh?

    What the fuck does Epstein have to do with this? He's just saying that it's a bit presumptuous for two thirds of this thread to be screaming "GAHHHH CANCEL CULTURE DAE BLIZZARD DUMB DAE BLIZZARD MAEK BAD DECISION LOL DAE MEMBER J ALLEN BRACK APOLOGY AT BLIZZCON???//"
    Because "officially" that's what happened.
    You can talk around bullshit all day, it will still stink.

    Never was a voice-work for characters in WoW re-done by the new VA before.
    As I said earlier, check for old Saurfang as an example.

    Kael's VO in SL was probably done before they could do anything about this in 9.0, as the accusation was in November, so they couldn't change it then obviously.
    Now all the sudden it's being changed.

    And don't get me wrong, I don't really care about either the VA or the character but the implication.
    They re-did 15 year old voice lines for PR.

    But here's the thing, nothing was ever proven, no court ruling was ever done.

    People are fed up with this shit. For good reason.
    People don't want their lives ruined by a rando tweet. So they don't want this shit to be normalized.
    Any intelligent person would not want this to be normalized, y'know, just cuz of the off-chance that you actually make it in life and you don't want it ruined.

  11. #71
    Pit Lord Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They're tired of ol' Bwansamdi. They want new Bwonsamdi.

    (wait, third?! His VA changed?)
    Yeah, up until BfA he was voiced by Dave Feonny. It's Alex Desert now lol

    Another day, another Deal....

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Because "officially" that's what happened.
    You can talk around bullshit all day, it will still stink.

    Never was a voice-work for characters in WoW re-done by the new VA before.
    As I said earlier, check for old Saurfang as an example.

    Kael's VO in SL was probably done before they could do anything about this in 9.0, as the accusation was in November, so they couldn't change it then obviously.
    Now all the sudden it's being changed.

    And don't get me wrong, I don't really care about either the VA or the character but the implication.
    They re-did 15 year old voice lines for PR.

    But here's the thing, nothing was ever proven, no court ruling was ever done.

    People are fed up with this shit. For good reason.
    People don't want their lives ruined by a rando tweet. So they don't want this shit to be normalized.
    Any intelligent person would not want this to be normalized, y'know, just cuz of the off-chance that you actually make it in life and you don't want it ruined.
    If you're so 100% certain, then why the fuck didn't they re-record the HotS voice lines too? Oh that's right. Because you have no fucking idea.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Judging blizzard with out knowing the real reason is the same as cancel culture. They are accusing Blizzard of partaking in cancel culture by changing voice actors. You, and the others, getting outraged over Blizzard changing voice actors are just as bad as cancel culture. Because you don't know the real reasons but feel the need to be outraged over what you think those reasons to be.

    Innocent until guilty should be applied to everyone or thing.
    What the fck are you on, mate?

    Blizzard is the one cancelling, if you haven't noticed yet.
    Someone literally losing their 15 y old work for a tweet vs being "judged" by people who PAY YOU is a bit different, eh?

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Any intelligent person would not want this to be normalized, y'know, just cuz of the off-chance that you actually make it in life and you don't want it ruined.
    Pot meet Kettle. Going after a company for something that is alleged by rumors is no different then what you hate and think is becoming normalized. People, companies, and whatever else have always faced consequences for actions. The only difference is the outrage culture that exists now the feel they have to make it a personal crusade when it really isn't a big deal.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    If you're so 100% certain, then why the fuck didn't they re-record the HotS voice lines too? Oh that's right. Because you have no fucking idea.
    How do you know they didn't?

    I don't play HotS, just wait till the next patch cycle.
    To be fair, even Blizzard doesn't give many fucks about HotS.

  16. #76
    Man I'm gonna be stinkin' rich off these bridges I'm gonna sell to fools who unironically meme themselves into believing that Blizzard just randomly and coincidentally decided to replace Kael'thas' 13+ year old voice lines.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Pot meet Kettle. Going after a company for something that is alleged by rumors is no different then what you hate and think is becoming normalized. People, companies, and whatever else have always faced consequences for actions. The only difference is the outrage culture that exists now the feel they have to make it a personal crusade when it really isn't a big deal.
    What actions, you genius?
    Someone saying something about me randomly? Should I be held accountable for that?

    If I start calling you a rapist on every post will that make it true then?

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    How do you know they didn't?

    I don't play HotS, just wait till the next patch cycle.
    To be fair, even Blizzard doesn't give many fucks about HotS.
    Oh okay -- so information I don't know that puts a hole in your theory... well, I'm just making shit up. But when you do the same fucking thing, who cares? I mean, we can all agree that Blizzard sucks, right?

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Someone literally losing their 15 y old work for a tweet vs being "judged" by people who PAY YOU is a bit different, eh?
    Where is the proof of that? Innocent until proven guilty right? What if he was taking a break and wasn't available for future work so Blizzard hired a new actor. And to get him prepared gave him the old lines to practice and decided to just use them. Or are planning on the character having an expanded role in the future so made everything to match just because they could.

    You can't have it both ways. You are trying to cancel Blizzard over this decision with out knowing any facts of why they did what they did. Stop being the problem if you want a solution.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Where is the proof of that? Innocent until proven guilty right? What if he was taking a break and wasn't available for future work so Blizzard hired a new actor. And to get him prepared gave him the old lines to practice and decided to just use them. Or are planning on the character having an expanded role in the future so made everything to match just because they could.

    You can't have it both ways. You are trying to cancel Blizzard over this decision with out knowing any facts of why they did what they did. Stop being the problem if you want a solution.
    Do you ever rehearse being this disingenuous or does it just come naturally to you?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •