Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    I hope Bwonsamdi dosen't get a third new VA....
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I hope Bwonsamdi dosen't get a third new VA....
    All it takes is a rumour, so I wouldn't count your chickens.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Bwonsamdi made remarks about my performance in De Other Side that made me feel objectified.

Beware of Bwonsamdi!

#BanBwonsamdi!!!!

--
    Also, he was guilty of being a sleazy guy who abused his power to manipulate young people.

Morally objectionable? Oh yeah

Unbecoming? Sure.

Illegal? Tough to prove.

Damages? Tougher to quantify (if they exist).

For a public traded company like Activision, having the threat of this shadowing one of the BIGGEST releases of your company is not a good risk move.

The uproar/backlash is not warranted, so spare me.

Dude was an asshat, move on with your lives, cause there's about a few billion still out there.
    Last edited by Zig Zug; 2021-04-14 at 11:24 PM.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Replacement VO sounds fine to me. Mountain/molehill situation. Who cares?

The new voice-over is just a tired older Lor'themar basically.

As for the allegations.
    I hope nobody dares to listen to Michael Jackson or hold him in any kind of higher status if they think this is okay.
    You wouldn't wanna be a hypocrite, right?

Its a travesty that just claims of someone doing something is enough to ruin their life/career.

If guilt can not be without a doubt proven in a courtroom then there should be no penalties for the accused.

Innocent until guilty - any other system is a cesspool of abuse, hypocrisy and fascism.

The Tempest Keep one sounds a little off, but holy bajeebus - the new guy does the Magister's Terrace line way, way better than Floyd. If anything, Floyd kind of felt like he was going through the motions with the Magister's Terrace dialogue.

The new actor actually makes the dialogue sound like it's coming from a egotistical lunatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Replacement VO sounds fine to me. Mountain/molehill situation. Who cares?
    Pretty much. I mean, how much can they really care when they get his last name wrong over and over?

As far as I am aware there are so far only accusations without any proof that the guy did something wrong. There's always two sides to a story and this current "guilty until proven innocent" mentality that's especially prevalent on sites like twatter is a cancer of society that ruins lives. IMO Blizzard is way too quick to completely remove this guy from their work (ya I get it they don't want to be associated with a potential predator so it doesn't hurt their image yadda yadda yadda), but these days people's lives get ruined over them saying something that some special snowflake gets offended by. IMO they still should have waited for concrete proof.

Of course if proven true, that's a wholly different story. But even then you can still separate the artist from the art. You can like someone's work even if they themselves are a POS.

Now, OT: I think the new VA is pretty decent, though I don't like the new "FOR QUEL'THALAS!" line. It sounds very weird to me. The other instances are mostly fine I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

The new VA does a good enough job. A few lines just didn't hit right, but that's to be expected. Sad to hear though.

This is reminiscent of Pharoahs having statues defaced and history books removing someone who they don't like.

So there were only accusations right? He never went to trial or was found guilty? How the fuck is that enough to completely screw over his career?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I hope nobody dares to listen to Michael Jackson or hold him in any kind of higher status if they think this is okay.
    We're playing this game?

Really?

Might as well throw out the entirety of civilized society then, and begin the slow regression back into subsistence living.

Curious do you enjoy filtered drinking water? Bananas? Electricity? Representative Democracy? Having the use of words like "hypocrite" or the freedom to express them openly?

Cause I got some really, really bad news about the origins and costs of these things.

People do bad things. That doesn't undo the great things they do as well, it just provides us a broader perspective to appreciate the staggering complexity of our daily lives. Sonder is a wild, wild thing.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Not a big fan of going back and changing older stuff even if the allegations turn out to be true. His professional work doesn't magically become tainted by the actor being a dick. Not really a big fan of the new performance either.

But it's Blizzard's property and therefor it is within their rights to use and abuse as they see fit (as I'm sure many people in this thread will point out).
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Its a travesty that just claims of someone doing something is enough to ruin their life/career.
    That is the assumption and not confirmed. So it is weird how many people keep crying over action taken from rumors or claims while doing it themselves. It could just be contract dispute. I doubt he got royalties from the voice work so even redoing past lines doesn't hurt his career that much. He can still claim to have worked with Blizzard and all that.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    As for the allegations.
    The allegations I've been able to pull up (the main Twitter account is protected) seem to be that he hit on of-age women, slept with them, then dumped them. One was that he chatted up a 17 year old and said he wanted to fuck her when she turned 18. Pretty sleazy stuff, but they were all over 18 when anything happened and it was all consensual.

I can see why Blizzard replaced his VO, you know, just in case. They didn't make a big deal about it, they're just protecting themselves in case further more damaging allegations come up, as they often seem to do. Again, I don't care about this, it's fine.

Big difference from MJ, who groomed and banged little boys. Allegedly!
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-04-14 at 11:50 PM.

Over rumours, seriously? So we really just sticking with "guilty until proven innocent" angle, hey? I'd be all for this if they fucking waited for proof to roll out.

Also, they've got to stop hiring anime dub voice actors. Good god they're all horrible. From Bastion NPCs, to Ardenweald NPCs to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll live.

/shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    We're playing this game?

Really?

Might as well throw out the entirety of civilized society then, and begin the slow regression back into subsistence living.

Curious do you enjoy filtered drinking water? Bananas? Electricity? Representative Democracy? Having the use of words like "hypocrite" or the freedom to express them openly?

Cause I got some really, really bad news about the origins and costs of these things.

People do bad things. That doesn't undo the great things they do as well, it just provides us a broader perspective to appreciate the staggering complexity of our daily lives. Sonder is a wild, wild thing.
    That was their point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I'll live.

/shrug
    Ultimately, based.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    We're playing this game?

Really?

Which was like, my whole point?
    If we don't burn MJ's discography right now then we also shouldn't remove some guy's voice work from 15 years before.

Reality is, some PR guy at Blizzard thought this was the "big opportunity" to score social points and they not only did not invite the guy back post 9.1 but they changed literally everything before to "look cool".
    And this guy only had allegations, in court he even won.

My point still stands, unless we start destroying literally everything made by people who did X we don't get to delete only "some" things.
    That's called hypocrisy.