Poll: Are you happy with this change?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    SNIP
    Im honestly having an extremely tough time trying to translate what you are actually saying - its just word salad at this point. I would suggest having a go with FAR fewer words and just keep it simple, because myself (and others it seems) are having a very tough time understanding what you are actually trying to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...what? Do you think it's a good thing that players who only do WQs should have the same item levels as players who spend months farming the most difficult content in the game?
    Yes that's exactly what I think. I'm playing Guild Wars 2 since quitting WoW a few months ago and it has easily 100x as many things to do as WoW does and not a single one raises your "iLevel" beyond the basic Ascended gear that can be obtained through any of the numerous game modes (PvE, PvP, WvW, Raids, Crafting, etc.). Even "Legendary" gear that can take months to obtain doesn't have any better stats. And the game has an active community which is fantastically friendly to newcomers or anyone who wants help or just needs a question answered. The game systems are rich and deep and you can play however you like and any differences between players are purely skill and experience. Nobody can gank you just because they have better gear because they had access to something you don't. Hell, a level 1 character can enter "battleground style" PvP and they are boosted to max level with all skills and all gear available so they are equal in gear/spec to the most experienced player. The game has also had two major expansions without raising "iLevels" or even the character max level which today is the same as when the game released, and it STILL has many more rewarding things to log in and do as a max-level character than WoW does.

WoW was fantastically successful and Blizzard immediately got fat and lazy as a result, and the WoW team is currently the least productive of any active/successful MMOG out there. Give GW2 or ESO or FFXIV etc. a try. These are all games that have been out for years and it shows, unlike WoW where every expansion is a cookie-cutter replication of the last one. 10 new zones, 500 new quests, new mission table, new followers, new garrison/covenant, etc., etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    WoW was fantastically successful and Blizzard immediately got fat and lazy as a result, and the WoW team is currently the least productive of any active/successful MMOG out there. Give GW2 or ESO or FFXIV etc. a try. These are all games that have been out for years and it shows, unlike WoW where every expansion is a cookie-cutter replication of the last one. 10 new zones, 500 new quests, new mission table, new followers, new garrison/covenant, etc., etc. etc.
    So to what do you owe wows huge success? If wrath is just a "cookie-cutter replication" of TBC, then SL is also just a cookie-cutter replication of TBC. I find it strange that some say wows biggest problem is that it has moved too far away from its roots, and yet you are saying the problem is they havnt changed enough? Can you see how it might be hard to figure out who is "right" in these discussions?
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Yes that's exactly what I think. I'm playing Guild Wars 2 since quitting WoW a few months ago and it has easily 100x as many things to do as WoW does and not a single one raises your "iLevel" beyond the basic Ascended gear that can be obtained through any of the numerous game modes (PvE, PvP, WvW, Raids, Crafting, etc.). Even "Legendary" gear that can take months to obtain doesn't have any better stats. And the game has an active community which is fantastically friendly to newcomers or anyone who wants help or just needs a question answered. The game systems are rich and deep and you can play however you like and any differences between players are purely skill and experience. Nobody can gank you just because they have better gear because they had access to something you don't. Hell, a level 1 character can enter "battleground style" PvP and they are boosted to max level with all skills and all gear available so they are equal in gear/spec to the most experienced player. The game has also had two major expansions without raising "iLevels" or even the character max level which today is the same as when the game released, and it STILL has many more rewarding things to log in and do as a max-level character than WoW does.

"Blizzard refused to listen to me and only me when designing their billion dollar video game franchise, therefore I'm mad and I will complain about it until they hear my super important voice."

I'm glad you feel so highly about your opinion my guy. But it's clear WoW's demographic has moved to no longer include you. And that's okay. You've already quit the game. Now take the next step and quit complaining on message boards about the fact that it isn't exactly the way you think it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Are you happy with this change? Do you think it will curb the issues presented by S1 with PvE players using PvP as their primary gearing method? Are there any issues you see arising from this?
    If you don't have to do PvE to PvP I don't really care. However, this follows their very clumsy and heavy handed approach to PvP: different talents, trinkets with bonus only for certain kind of content and now this jenkiness that is not intuitive.

I think it's interesting that the "gear should be most useful for that particular content" argument is really only used against PvP gear with this change. For instance, imagine there are new Torghast layers or world content that is actually hard. Raid gear and mythic+ gear is fully powered for those different pieces of content. Why isn't raid gear nerfed for everything but raids? I know the answer, I'm just pointing out it is not an honest argument.

Anyway, I don't think it is terrible, but it's embarrassing this is the best they could come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Anyway, I don't think it is terrible, but it's embarrassing this is the best they could come up with.
    Sadly, I think it is very indicative of their modern process - launch the game, then spend the entire expansion "fixing" all the issues with it, say "we have listened, and going forward, will listen more closely to feedback, especially during alpha / beta" and then quickly announce the NEW expansion, with an entirely new set of problems, entirely new systems, and abandon all the systems they just had, after finally getting them into an enjoyable state.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    If you don't have to do PvE to PvP I don't really care. However, this follows their very clumsy and heavy handed approach to PvP: different talents, trinkets with bonus only for certain kind of content and now this jenkiness that is not intuitive.

I think it's interesting that the "gear should be most useful for that particular content" argument is really only used against PvP gear with this change. For instance, imagine there are new Torghast layers or world content that is actually hard. Raid gear and mythic+ gear is fully powered for those different pieces of content. Why isn't raid gear nerfed for everything but raids? I know the answer, I'm just pointing out it is not an honest argument.

I just don't get how ruining pvp gear is somehow supposed to fix pve gearing...

People are pvping because they would quit otherwise from the absurd grind that is current pve gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    I just don't get how ruining pvp gear is somehow supposed to fix pve gearing...

People are pvping because they would quit otherwise from the absurd grind that is current pve gearing.
    Well, dont speak for me. I pvp only because some BiS items come only from pvp.