View Poll Results: Do most Alliance and Horde players like Saurfang?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm Alliance, and I like Saurfang

    52 27.66%
  • I'm Alliance, and I don't like Saurfang

    24 12.77%
  • I'm Horde, and I like Saurfang

    49 26.06%
  • I'm Horde, and I don't like Saurfang

    45 23.94%
  • Other / Not sure / I have no real opinion on Saurfang

    18 9.57%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    You know what's funny? All you guys wanna complain about Saurfang, call him a traitor, etc. knowing full well he did the same fucking shit when Garrosh acted up. He never blindly followed a warchief to the grave like Nazgrim or others. He's literally in Siege of Orgrimmar fighting Garrosh.
    Saurfang was never a coward until BFA of course. He was never mopey like he was in BFA. Saurfang was never a traitor like he was in BFA. He had his own beliefs but, like Nazgrim, respected the Horde and its leaders. He was still part of the Horde in MoP and worked WITH THE HORDE to deescalate the Garrosh situation. He didn't run to the Alliance or sat and cried when things did not go his way.

    In BFA, he works with the Horde and actively plays a major role in igniting the war. He agrees with Sylvanas that the Alliance will attack sooner or later and Saurgang is the primary reason for Horde making it to Teldrassil. He turns a blind eye to the massacre committed by Jaina and the Alliance on Dazar'Alor. He turns a blind eye to the assassination of King Rastakhan. He turns a blind eye to Baine murdering Horde guards to free Derek. The worst part is he aligns himself with the Alliance after all this instead of trying to unite the Horde.

    Basically, he starts the war. Makes Sylvanas the scapegoat when shit hits the fan. Cries and aligns himself with the Alliance.

  2. #102
    Elemental Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    8,382
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    You know what's funny? All you guys wanna complain about Saurfang, call him a traitor, etc. knowing full well he did the same fucking shit when Garrosh acted up. He never blindly followed a warchief to the grave like Nazgrim or others. He's literally in Siege of Orgrimmar fighting Garrosh.
    Saurfang in MoP wasn't a genocide maniac (or useful idiot, in the best case) all too happy roasting a capital city one day, only to become an old fart unable to lift a finger without the SW king's approval and active support the following day. Furthermore, MoP Saurfang didn't need a 18 years old Mary Sue to become his personal psychoanalyst, he was perfectly able to do stuff by himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As for the "hone your skills" argument that some are tossing around, fuck that. Most people want to have fun. They're not logging onto WoW, the video game, as a self-improvement project. That's a ridiculous notion and goes right along with the idea that the game is "work." If it's not 'play' then you're doing it wrong. Sadly this is a concept that the devs seem to have lost sight of in their quest to keep anyone and everyone busy.

  3. #103
    i like him until BFA.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

  4. #104
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,866
    BFA Saurfang is a bad character.

    Vanilla Saurfang was a meme. He was upgraded to being a background general in Wrath and in MoP.

    I was rather annoyed how BFA tried to make him out as the "symbol of the Horde" when he had never been portrayed as such up until that point. BFA Saurfang - an emo navel gazing and indecisive wimp - is also a completely different character from Wrath and MoP Saurfang, who was a confident "salt of the earth" no-nonsense man. Wrath and MoP Saurfang wouldn't be philosophizing like BFA Saurfang did; Wrath/MoP Saurfang would've buried his axe in Sylvanas's chest the moment she said "burn the tree". But then again, everything about the Horde story in BFA was bad.

    . - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

  5. #105
    Stood in the Fire BrintoSFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    370
    I don't much care about this Alliane and Horde nonsense. It no longer has any place in the game considering the fact we have bigger fishes to fry. However, I like Saurfang, he is a man of honor. He is not "end justifies the means" kind of guy. And I really appreciate it.
    Moderators on this site are, to put it nicely, morons. They believe any opinion contrary to popular ones are either trolling or flaming or baiting. They can not comprehend the fact that there can be people who would utterly detest what they like or million others like. Well, it is their site and their "Authoretaeh" but they are morons nonetheless.

  6. #106
    The Lightbringer Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    3,115
    Funny how I'm Alliance and I like him ties with I'm Horde and I don't like him, for the lead. Really shows what kind of character he became.

  7. #107
    I play both and I think he was a great character.
    But while I loved the character, I do have some things I'm not so sure about.
    For one, his story mostly played out in the high fidelity cinematics and felt a little disconnected from the actual game. Felt a bit like an out of game movie; like a much more elevated and polished story than what played out in game, which makes it a little jarring when experiencing the in game storylines.
    It also seemed too self-contained, and I was left wanting for bigger consequences and ramifications from his storyline. Considering how Legion had upped the stakes in this regard, facing such a huge threat like the Legion and more or less resolving it in one expansion, I thought his storyline would have had a similar impact in regards to the faction conflict (though I know many disagree, I just think it should have at least made a significant change, the armistice feels uneventful and very status quo still).
    And I think that focusing their narrative development on one singular character that's gonna be killed off in that one expansion has a bit of a negative effect in terms of the long term narrative and characters. They made this great character, now he's gone and it feels like we're back to 0.

    I though his character was amazing. His story was amazing, and I wish the narrative in general had that type of quality, nuance, symbolism, gravitas, etc. They just seem to really struggle to do this in game and focus on different characters,

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    I don't much care about this Alliane and Horde nonsense. It no longer has any place in the game considering the fact we have bigger fishes to fry. However, I like Saurfang, he is a man of honor. He is not "end justifies the means" kind of guy. And I really appreciate it.
    Fuck Zovaal.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Saurfang was just another alliance pawn the same way Thrall and Baine are. The less of those idiots are around the better our glorious faction is off. Can't wait for Sylvanas to kill the other alliance loving peace mongers too. Down with anyone who sells out the Horde to the alliance.
    Do you realize she's confirmed as a raid boss in the next patch?

    Where we fight to stop her for all the evils she committed against both factions and her own loyalists in the last expansion and a half?

    And then loot her stuff?

    Because that's a thing that's happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  10. #110
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Do you realize she's confirmed as a raid boss in the next patch? .
    Doesn't mean we'll kill her..

    Just look at how Jaina escaped her doom, which was comming for more than a decade.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  11. #111
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    12,291
    Saurfang was pretty much loved by everyone and their mothers until the new team decided to fuck him up in BFA ruining his end of career

    To think about, It must suck so much ass being one of the most iconic heroes the horde ever had, being a badass character with so much shit done, being canonically the player general/commander in the warcraft 2 game, being a veteran of all the wars the horde fought, being respectful enough to lead both horde and alliance against a fucking old god, bury a son and face the Lich king, in short a true balls of titanium...

    ..To have everything throw into the dumpster with one of the worst and cringe storylines this game had, to build an Alliance king - to be taught about honor by a 18 years old boy - and to pointless die to show how badass and powerful Danuser's hero, Sylvanus is.

    Like, i rly don't know who had this kind of fall
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-05-28 at 01:41 PM.

  12. #112
    Saurfang was one of my favorite Alliance heroes in BFA, of course i like him

  13. #113
    Mechagnome Cloudmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Celestial Planetarium
    Posts
    666
    I liked him a lot. Shame he died.

  14. #114
    I liked Saurfang a lot because he mostly mentioned some great truths about the Horde and I have a feeling he would have been the one to have changed the Horde for good.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Doesn't mean we'll kill her..

    Just look at how Jaina escaped her doom, which was comming for more than a decade.
    I'll accept your point, especially considering even killing Illidan as a raid boss didn't stop his return by the end as some form of antihero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  16. #116
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'll accept your point, especially considering even killing Illidan as a raid boss didn't stop his return by the end as some form of antihero.
    So.. You're saying, that when we finally get to kill Jaina..................she will return again???

    OH NO!!
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2021-05-06 at 05:20 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  17. #117
    Horde players like nothing but themselves, oh and ganking lowbies. They're a pest worst than the scourge.

  18. #118
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    HordeAlliance players like nothing but themselves, oh and ganking lowbies. They're a pest worst than the scourge.
    Fixed it for you...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  19. #119
    Don't really have any strong opinions of him, just that it's depressing how much time was spent on him
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Do you realize she's confirmed as a raid boss in the next patch?

    Where we fight to stop her for all the evils she committed against both factions and her own loyalists in the last expansion and a half?

    And then loot her stuff?

    Because that's a thing that's happening.
    She will get away and laugh in our faces while doing so. Because that is what she deserves. A massive victory against all her enemies.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'll accept your point, especially considering even killing Illidan as a raid boss didn't stop his return by the end as some form of antihero.
    If we are allowed to kill Jaina then you have room to talk. Until then better say nothing at all. Your opinion on Horde issues is not wanted.

    Infracted.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    I don't much care about this Alliane and Horde nonsense. It no longer has any place in the game considering the fact we have bigger fishes to fry. However, I like Saurfang, he is a man of honor. He is not "end justifies the means" kind of guy. And I really appreciate it.
    We should celebrate his death. Filthy traitor got what he deserved. Die like a little whimp.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-05-27 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •