Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogues & Patch 9.1.0

So PTR notes said rogues were getting a 51% buff to everything. Did I read this wrong or am I out of mind? I did get on the PTR this morning but without my details addon I could not tell much of a difference. Has anyone had success to see if things are buffed like I thought was seen on the PTR notes?
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

The only information relating to rogues in the PTR patch notes that I can see is
    The shield from Cloaked in Shadows (Conduit) is now 50% larger, lasts for 4 seconds (previously had no duration) and no longer decays while the Rogue is out of stealth.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...r-notes/936527
    So, link or it didn't happen.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...6#post53128876

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celfydd View Post
    The only information relating to rogues in the PTR patch notes that I can see is

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...r-notes/936527
    So, link or it didn't happen.
    Go to the rogue section. sorry. I can't do screenshots. I am at work right now. But on the PTR something has been buffed cause I am hitting a little harder.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Go to the rogue section. sorry. I can't do screenshots. I am at work right now.
    All that's trying to show is that Neurotoxin is being removed from the list of things receiving the bonus provided by being Assassination spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Go to the rogue section. sorry. I can't do screenshots. I am at work right now. But on the PTR something has been buffed cause I am hitting a little harder.
    Which says what Celfydd said...
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

- - - Updated - - -

Rogues have a 51% aura already, the change is highlighted, if it removed or reduced it highlighted in red, if increased or added its highlighted in Green, in this example Neuro toxin has been removed from the 51% dmg increase aura (that is already in place on live) since they removed that pvp talent to put in the new Shiv 40% reduced healing PVP talent in its place.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Rogue

Mark of the Master Assassin (Runecarving Power) duration has been reduced by 40% in PvP combat.

Assassination

New PvP Talent: Hemotoxin.

Shiv (Assassination) Your Nature damage done against the target is increased by 20% for 9 sec. and healing received reduced by 40% for 9 sec.

The "51%" that you see is an aura already applied and it was datamined due to the removal of neurotoxin. nothing to see here.

So PTR notes said rogues were getting a 51% buff to everything. Did I read this wrong or am I out of mind? I did get on the PTR this morning but without my details addon I could not tell much of a difference. Has anyone had success to see if things are buffed like I thought was seen on the PTR notes?
    It is not a modification of 9.1, the aura buff + 51% on the sin rogue is active since 9.0.5

Quote Originally Posted by CiccioBello View Post
    It is not a modification of 9.1, the aura buff + 51% on the sin rogue is active since 9.0.5
    Thank you CiccioBello. I appreciate your answer. Also thanks for being nice about it as well. Hard to get that these days.

Ok, so we got a batch of new changes on PTR.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Feint duration increased to 6 seconds (was 5 seconds).
    Subtlety
    - Shuriken Storm (Rank 2) now also increases Shuriken Storm’s chance to critically strike by 15%.
    - Black Powder’s damage per combo point increased by 33%.
    - Black Powder (Rank 2) now causes targets with Find Weakness to suffer an additional 40% damage as Shadow (was 50%).
    - Shadow Techniques now triggers more frequently.
    - Backstab damage increased by 20%.
    - Gloomblade (Talent) damage increased by 20%.
    So, slight buffs to Sub, especially targeted to AoE which was functional but felt weak if you didn't get enough crits. They should just remove Gloomblade from the game, Weaponmaster and Premeditiation are just stronger in any situation.

Also, datamined legendaries.
    Resounding Clarity (Kyrian) - Echoing Reprimand now animacharges 4 combo points.
    Deathspike (Necrolord) - Serrated Bone Spike has 2 additional charges and hits 2 additional nearby enemies.
    Toxic Onslaught (Night Fae) - Your ability used from Stealth while Sepsis is active grants you one of Shadow Blades, Adrenaline Rush, or applies Vendetta to your current target for 8 sec.
    Obedience (Venthyr) - Flagellation now also increases your Versatility by 1%. Each combo point spent while Flagellation is active decreases it's cooldown by 1 sec.

They look all decently powerful. Right now Venthyr/Necro are the go-to choices depending on your priority in content and both make the related covenant skills more specialized. I like the Venthyr one as it's a flat damage and cd reduction, making it "viable" for multiple types of content but then it's all about numbers; Necro one is literally "more cleave" which was already its niche so M+ players should be more than happy about it.

What i don't like: the covenant fuckery. If some skill/leggo combo becomes OP, i should have to switch to another covenant i don't like to invest time in regaining 40 renowns now in preparation to the patch, only trusting Blizzard doesn't nerf something mid-patch. Plus there's even more investment on your covenant and this whole thing is just shit. Soulbinds/Skills should just have been independent from the Covenant pledge.

Also Kyrian one. Skill is a fuckery of design, so they made the leggo to ignore half of it (targeting a specific cp amount) to make it actually reliable. Even if it becomes op as hell, i'm not gonna swap to pretty white birds.

I like how choosing a covenant unlocks specific things and i can roll more characters to see different stories, in a sort of RP-lite thing. I hate how this choice directly affects my character performance and they're mutually exclusive, so basically either you stick with something you like and want to invest time into, or just do the jumping game where you ignore everything and speedrun campaigns just to unlock the BiS for you, which invalidates the covenant system as a whole.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2021-04-22 at 07:22 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

rogues need some love man seriously.

I know a lot of the player base want to laugh at that notion because outlaw was incredibly strong in BFA but numbers isnt everything.

And one spec being strong for one raid tier because of stacking certain azerite traits with certain raid maces doesnt excuse lazy developer work.

I couldnt be bothered playing my rogue when they changed the AoE hit limit cap for shadowlands. It instantly makes the class shit vs the likes of fire mage or boomkin who dont suffer from AoE cap, have the advantage of being ranged which makes 90% of mechanics easier to deal with and the few perks rogue did bring are invalidated by easy to buy consumables (stealth/skipping packs)

Well, right now we have two pretty good specs - Assassination is hands down the best melee dps in raid and competes for the top spots, while Outlaw is the "king" of M+ being also in the meta for very high keys. I don't know about PvP but i see lots of changes so i don't think we were really good.

The buffs to Sub AoE though are really only worth in M+ scenarios, maybe if some new raid fights promotes spread/bursty AoE Sub can see some light, but for the rest i don't really see any way to make it played more until numbers are just bigger.

We are pure melee dps. Only way to choose a spec is to check what performs best, and given there's 3 main types of content, imho they should just focus on making one spec good to a specific content. Right now PvE is covered, make Sub PvP oriented and just be done with it since contiously tweaking numbers isn't going to make anyone happy.

Sub is going to struggle with the MA legendary nerfed this hard and Cold Blood gone. In PvP, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, right now we have two pretty good specs - Assassination is hands down the best melee dps in raid and competes for the top spots, while Outlaw is the "king" of M+ being also in the meta for very high keys.
    I like Assa very much, is it okay for m+ too?

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    I like Assa very much, is it okay for m+ too?
    It's good for M+. Even beter with Necrolords covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's good for M+. Even beter with Necrolords covenant.
    Nice thank you! Am leveling right now and even wanted to pick Necrolord because of the transmog lol, this is even better now.

What are y'all thinking for new sub pvp legendaries?

Been trying out the Rotten recently. It's not quite MA but it does fill the same role, boosting your burst quite a bit. Invigorating Shadowdust might also be a contender, some rogues are running it for 3s already.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    What are y'all thinking for new sub pvp legendaries?

Been trying out the Rotten recently. It's not quite MA but it does fill the same role, boosting your burst quite a bit. Invigorating Shadowdust might also be a contender, some rogues are running it for 3s already.

Thoughts?
    Discussed in:

Given i care mostly about raiding, assa hasn't any real change so depending on scaling bloodfang or scoundrel are the way to go.

M+ is a different story. If necro, the covenant legendary may prove to be useful but the AR one is still strong as before.

What i find annoying is the fact we may need to swap covenant bur i dont care enough to waste months of progress i have with Venthry (which is still good for raids) and that we have to recraft legendaries due to the new gems on gear.

Given i care mostly about raiding, assa hasn't any real change so depending on scaling bloodfang or scoundrel are the way to go.
    Wasn't it Doomblade?

M+ is a different story. If necro, the covenant legendary may prove to be useful but the AR one is still strong as before.

What i find annoying is the fact we may need to swap covenant bur i dont care enough to waste months of progress i have with Venthry (which is still good for raids) and that we have to recraft legendaries due to the new gems on gear.
    I will be probably still playing as Night Fae, will see how much it is underperforming. If the difference isn't that high then won't swap just for a few DPS more.