Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    In this case he took the allgeations to court and won. But, I guess that doesn't matter because you know, cancel culture!
    He won by silencing the opposition with a SLAPP suit. He did have not prove the allegations were illegitimate to do that. Just sue the person they are opposing till they run out of money.

    Now if he sued for defamation...he would have to prove they were false. Funny how that's not what happened.

  2. #182
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,609
    Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    How about this, something horrible happens to you or people you know. When you get upset shut your mouth and I’ll tell you to stop trying to cancel the criminal. You better be happy after whatever horrible thing happens , because you’re just trying to cancel an upstanding criminal
    To be honest, that's a particularly toxic outlook. I can't say if this dude is innocent or guilty...all I can see is accusations brought against him in a world where people make things up all the time. It doesn't matter if these accusations were made it, the damage is done.

    All I can say is I'm a fan of Vic Mignogna, he has been attacked for years with allegations and lost most of his work. His accusers yell about how they have mountains of evidence and I say bring charges against him, if he is guilty I'll be the first accept it. But then NO ONE actually brings charges against him. It has also been proven his co-worker accusers have more skeletons in their closets than he actually does. Yet they're still cancelling him with absolutely nothing but empty accusations they seem to be afraid to prove.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  3. #183
    Raider.io is the worst thing ever happened to this game and now it gets implemented.

  4. #184
    Warchief Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,134
    I was going to say something else on cancel culture, but screw it, seems pointless. But this:

    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Does it bother anybody else that this "news" article provides an editorialized reason for KT's VA replacement? Because of that, most of the comments are discussing the ramifications of PC culture in our society instead of, well, you know whether that's the actual reason this happened. I guess it's one way to pump your engagement metrics but I don't think this is the right direction.
    Even more odd is that they locked this following thread in Gen Discussions: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-actor-in-9-1
    And here's why they locked it:
    This thread didn't start out great and seems to have been derailed into an argument about cancel culture and things unrelated to WoW. Closing this.
    These actions do not gel with one another very well... what difference does it make to MMO C if the "engagement" happens in a forum thread or one of their news posts? Why hasn't this news thread been locked yet if they don't want cancel culture discussions happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  5. #185
    We wouldnt be having this issues had they brought back Garrosh instead

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Since when does private stuff has any importance to another's life exactly ?
    The split second another person is involved - such as the person who's phone gets sexually creepy messages left on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Some people also said he had sex before mariage. And it wasn't missionary nor to procreate... What a disgusting creature. You should have seen the vids on twitter.
    Not sure how that has anything to do with calling people and leaving creeper messages, but okay.

  7. #187
    ah need a thread like this to remind me that gamergate is still the majority of this community, good stuff.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    To be honest, that's a particularly toxic outlook. I can't say if this dude is innocent or guilty...all I can see is accusations brought against him in a world where people make things up all the time. It doesn't matter if these accusations were made it, the damage is done.

    All I can say is I'm a fan of Vic Mignogna, he has been attacked for years with allegations and lost most of his work. His accusers yell about how they have mountains of evidence and I say bring charges against him, if he is guilty I'll be the first accept it. But then NO ONE actually brings charges against him. It has also been proven his co-worker accusers have more skeletons in their closets than he actually does. Yet they're still cancelling him with absolutely nothing but empty accusations they seem to be afraid to prove.
    That was exactly my point. I wasn’t being serious but showing how absurdly stupid your kind sound trying to defend this person. Don’t see this crap happening to any other voice actor in wow. Is it just not their days to be picked to be canceled? Waiting on someone to with high iq to post the canceling calendar so I can be more educated on the timeline for the next voice actor to be canceled

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    first of all don't make the assumption that i'm American, because i am not and associated with that i do not have the same pathetic attitude many of the populous like you seem to have where you think it's acceptable to ruin the lives of people without any legal action taken, furthermore, as i clearly stated and you clearly missed like the simpleton you are appearing to be, it doesn't matter what is stated in ANYTHING that's been recorded, if it's not something that is legally binding it literally doesn't mean shit, not to me, not to you, not to anybody, and whether or not it makes the person look like a complete piece of human trash is irrelevant, but again you seem to lack the mental capacity to understand this fact, so yes, to use your words you do need 'the government to sign off on things' because unless it's something recognised in a court of law it DOES NOT MATTER.

    - - - Updated - - -



    here's a radical idea, if it's something so horrible and you have proof of the crime REPORT IT TO THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES and allow due process to occur and hope that where you live that allows you to get justice, instead of smearing the names of people in public with no power to defend themselves when they could actually be innocent of the things you claim them of doing, but i guess your apathetic attitude doesn't care if others get hurt because it doesn't affect you eh?, fuck off back under your rock and try thinking for 5 seconds in front of your face before posting absolute drivel.

    - - - Updated - - -



    careful, the twitter police will be after you for making them think for themselves and dismissing their arguements because of 'facts', they don't do that over there.
    Just because something isn't illegal or isn't something able to be reported to the court doesn't mean its not deplorable behaviour that a company if able to freely distance themselves from because they choose too.

    Its not illegal for me to do a lot of things that if I did would leave me outcasted and despised by the majority of people in public or 'Cancelled'.

    Cancel culture statements are just stupid. Every time someone faces repercussions for the actions they chose to do, people claim its cancel culture. We used to call it consequences. Its just become a new buzzword to lump anyone who disagrees with them into a 'bad group' category.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Not sure how that has anything to do with calling people and leaving creeper messages, but okay.
    What does that have to do with sending a sexual message to someone who is flirting with you for some days ?
    Last edited by Tarba; 2021-04-16 at 02:51 PM.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    In this case he took the allgeations to court and won. But, I guess that doesn't matter because you know, cancel culture!
    And his employer still decided that they don't want to continue a working relationship with him anymore and decided to re-record his former voice lines with the replacement they hired for him. I don't see the issue.

  12. #192
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,609
    Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    That was exactly my point. I wasn’t being serious but showing how absurdly stupid your kind sound trying to defend this person. Don’t see this crap happening to any other voice actor in wow. Is it just not their days to be picked to be canceled? Waiting on someone to with high iq to post the canceling calendar so I can be more educated on the timeline for the next voice actor to be canceled
    Shouldn't be calling people absurdly stupid when you can't even read....
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  13. #193
    Stood in the Fire guisadop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Pampas
    Posts
    483
    Meh, the old one is better (obviously, it's Raiden).

    cancelling someone based on allegations is really frightening. reminds me of Asian/Japanese work culture to some extent, with all their "muh honor" crap.
    Last edited by guisadop; 2021-04-16 at 03:04 PM.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

  14. #194
    These people be acting like we in some Orwellian nightmare when in reality its just a case of a company being a company.

    "Muh cancel culture, this person is getting hate on Twitter"

    Hit me up when the state enforces censorship, then we can talk.
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

  15. #195
    God I hate woke cancel culture. Im so glad the United states justice systems is built on innocent until proven guilty. Wasted development dollars because of an allegation, which DOES NOT mean it's true. Furthermore, his voice recording for kael'thas have nothing to do with him. Why change a classic wow voice because on online internet shit flinging? New blizzard blows lol

  16. #196
    The Lightbringer Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    3,115
    Honestly, no offense but listening to his slimy douchebag voice, are we surprised he turned out to be a sex offender?

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Maybe you need the government to sign off on things before you believe them, but I don’t. I have ears. You’ve somehow convinced yourself that “I can’t figure things out myself until the government rubber stamps it for me and tells me what to think” is some kind of super genius way to think.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Since I’m not leaving creepy sexual messages on phones and harassing teenage girls, I’ll be ok.
    You are incredibly short sighted. Sure this guys is being accused and cancelled for doing something our society deems bad, but what happens when its something you do is then considered bad? you may not have even done it, but if accused of it, boom your gone. Think ahead man...

    - - - Updated - - -

    5 GUYS

    10char

  18. #198
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    It becomes harder to prepare for voice recording when your voice actor might end up in jail.
    Except he won his court case and he did nothing illegal. The women were all 20-30 by the way. All it is is creepy text messages and voice-mail of supposedly girlfriends at the time. None of the accusations are of anything actually illegal.

    The problem is that people hear "sexual .... accusations" and assumed that he raped them and that they were minors.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-04-16 at 03:45 PM.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    Always good to see allegations are enough to insta cancel somebody instead of waiting for it to be true but hey ho cancel culture is the hype nowadays innocent until proven guilty is just a joke from the past to most people now.
    So what exactly was cancelled? Has he been removed from existence? Is he no longer able to earn a living?Someone does something stupid, they don't deserve to keep privileges, especially if it involves criminal acts or just being a shitty person.


    But we don't know why he wasn't brought back. It's just hearsay at this point. Maybe he was difficult to work with or had scheduling conflicts.

    This whole faux concern about "cancel culture" is stupid since no one get cancelled. It's just consequences for poor decisions.
    Th

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    God I hate woke cancel culture. Im so glad the United states justice systems is built on innocent until proven guilty. Wasted development dollars because of an allegation, which DOES NOT mean it's true. Furthermore, his voice recording for kael'thas have nothing to do with him. Why change a classic wow voice because on online internet shit flinging? New blizzard blows lol
    Unless you are a minority. Sure if you are a white male it's just.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Hahaha oh man. You are a certain kinda special, arent you?
    *cough* Amber Heard *cough*

    I'm no victim blamer. I'm no "we shouldn't cancel anybody" type of person. I sympathize with victims. I've experienced being forced into unwanted things by a woman before.

    What pisses me off are the people that make things so much harder on the victims by causing massive distrust and skepticism in sexual allegation claims such as this. And that distrust is there for a very, very good reason.

    There is a large amount of women who make claims of all kinds against male coworkers, ex partners, family members, or anyone they want very petty revenge on. This makes it hard to trust and makes it much harder to prove an actual legitimate accusation in court. And because of this, more actual sexual predators get away.

    Men's lives are being ruined for the sake of revenge. And this push of "guilty until proven innocent" is a machination of it. Rumours breaks out hard and fast, and sometimes it doesn't even matter if you clear your name in court. People will still demonize you.

    While picking up birth control pills with my girlfriend at the women's clinic, A highschool girl and two of her friends were there in the waiting room to see about an abortion. (Which I absolutely support btw) I got to hear all the drama about it, and one of them chirps up with "Why don't you just lie and say he raped you?"

    So, forgive people for their skepticism on the topic at hand. People don't find it easy to just snap a person in half over rumours. Why it's being normalized, I don't know, and it only pushed me further from society.

    How far from equality are we if a woman can outright claim she date raped men to steal their money but she's only rewarded with responses such as "oh you were struggling, you had to do it to survive!" "Yas queen!", (Citation: Cardi B. Look it up.) but if a man so much as gets baselessly accused of sexual harassment, he's demonized and has his life ruined?
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2021-04-16 at 04:20 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •