Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    "Proven true" means court verdict, not mad squealing of mob of degenerate nobodies from twitter.
    Yeah that's not at all what "proven true" means. Court verdicts don't determine truth, but are instead merely legal judgements. A guilty verdict doesn't mean the defendant definitely committed the crime, nor is a not guilty verdict evidence that they did not. Those are simply the conclusions that the judge or jury have come to after two sets of lawyers argue their case. Hell, even the highest burden of proof rests on the line of reasonable doubt.

    You think no one can determine whether something actually happened without a jury and a court trial?

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    Spoken like a true incel
    Yeah, calling everyone an "incel" who disagrees with you is definitely a normal take for a normal person lmao

  3. #263
    Man, F Blizzard and their Chinese overlords. Some jilted kid accuses this guy and suddenly he loses his whole life without being found guilty yet....

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    If we will find that Thomas Edison had some allegations about agressing some womens sexually, all leftist will use candles instead of lightbulbs .. cause "everytime I look at a lightbulb, I feel Thomas Edison sexually agressing me". Who tf are the snowflakes?
    Umm, wut?

    Like, no. If people found out tomorrow that Thomas Edison ritually electrocuted babies for fun, they would not stop using the lightbulb. Why? Because Edison has been fucking DEAD for the last 90 years and the ligthbulb has now become such a ubiquitous feature in the world that it doesn't even "belong" to him any more. (Bonus lol points for the fact that it would actually literally be difficult to find an Edisonian lightbulb in most parts of the modern world these days, as the technology they use has changed significantly since he designed the first one more than a century ago.)

    What the "woke leftist mob" would do, however, is make sure the fact that Edison's enjoyment of baby electrocution became public knowledge, so that accurate historical representation of his character could be reflected. Rather similar, in fact, to the movement to pull down monuments glorifying so called Confederate "war heroes" that was going around last year.

  5. #265
    Imagine being so against the 'woke agenda' and 'cancel culture' that you end up vehemently defending people who engage in predatory behaviour online.

    Left Twitter does have a problem with cancelling, and it's a problem for people on the left too; see Lindsay Ellis, Abigail Thorne and Contrapoints for a few recent examples of bullshit cancelling. That said, you can't pretend not to have an agenda of your own when you start bad faith defending somebody who has clearly engaged in predatory behaviour so you can own the libs.

    You can be against cancel culture without jumping to defend online predators like a fucking lunatic. Get a grip. If you have a platform, like Quinton Flynn does, there is a power dynamic involved when you solicit people online or at conventions. It's his responsibility to understand that, and not to take advantage of parasocial relationships in a predatory way. I'm real consistent on this. Anybody who does this, left right or centre, is problematic. It's not about political ideology. It's about not behaving like trash.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2021-04-17 at 10:59 AM.

  6. #266
    I don't think the new voice acting is bad..could be more aggressive..I guess we are too used to the old version. TBH it is kinda legendary at this point.

  7. #267
    I understand Blizzard wanting to distance themselves from alleged predators, and I don't know how convincing the evidence is, but apparently it's enough for Blizzard to act against the voice actor..

    But damn, I loved Kael'thas' old voice... "The fUuture I have plAnned will not be jeopardized! "

  8. #268
    This thread is literally incel central

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    What does it matter tho? Should we digitally replace Kevin Spacey in all the movies he was in? Or maybe ban all the movies that Harvey Weinstein produced? This metoo shit is about people willingly letting others take advantage of them, usually to their own gain and then, years later, crying about it because it would get them mass sympathy and recognition.
    How is a comment like this even fucking allowed to stand? You just assume woman would intentionally let themselves get abused for future gain? Just stop. That is disgusting of you to suggest and it shouldn't even be allowed to stay on this forum. Like I don''t know if I even want to come back on this site anymore, because people like you are allowed to be here.

  10. #270
    Scarab Lord Alraml's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,802
    I thought they already changed his voice after TBC? He always sounded different to me after that

  11. #271
    Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,083
    WHAT THE F?!?!?! Kael'thas voice actor is one of the best and consistent in the entire game! Not to mention iconic! And even replacing the old voice lines, what a disgrace! I hate them!!!! Another voice actor can never even come close to the passion in old Kael'thas voice. It just sounds like a half assed copy. No emotions, just copy. I HATE THIS!!!!!!!!! Kaelthas is my favourite character!
    Last edited by melkesjokolade; 2021-04-17 at 12:51 PM. Reason: fk you

  12. #272
    The Lightbringer Arganis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ruhenheim
    Posts
    3,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    You say it like using your status to help get laid is an awful thing, when probably 99% of humanity has been doing that since the dawn of time. Not only that, the vast majority of women will only hook up with people they perceive as having status.

    Sounds like he's flirting with them and they're trying to frame it in the most negative light possible for whatever reason.

    Looks like another cancel culture victim sadly.
    Cause he’s old and unattractive and therefor it’s disgusting, creepy and inappropriate. If it were Brad Pitt, they’d be tits out in the limo trying to convince him it’s true love.

    American culture has some serious deep-seeded issues with sex. We’re the #1 producers of pornography on the planet. We inundate the world wide web with all the most depraved acts known to mankind and then act like flirting without explicit consent is sexual harassent and female sexuality is somehow inherently victim sexuality. Like women are all children with no sex drive that need to be protected at all times from the big bad wolf. Then walk the talk and shut down the violent porn industry that turn women into nothing but sex meat.

    It’s all just so fucking ridiculous. Nothing but hypocrisy. Sex needs to stay out of the work place and predatory behavior should be shunned but let’s stop acting like women are all overgrown children.

    We really live in a society of stupid lunatics that love distractions. Meanwhile you’re all getting robbed blind and put in chains by people who would have you eat sewage if it paid for just another auction at Christies.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2021-04-17 at 01:01 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

  13. #273
    [QUOTE=Alatie;53134848]
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    So what exactly was cancelled? Has he been removed from existence? Is he no longer able to earn a living?Someone does something stupid, they don't deserve to keep privileges, especially if it involves criminal acts or just being a shitty person.


    But we don't know why he wasn't brought back. It's just hearsay at this point. Maybe he was difficult to work with or had scheduling conflicts.

    This whole faux concern about "cancel culture" is stupid since no one get cancelled. It's just consequences for poor decisions.
    Th


    If it involes criminal acts but you dont know that nobody knows it for sure its not been proven if it will ever be proven you cant say its poor decisions since you have 0 clue if its true or not stop acting like he is guilty without any fucking >>>EVIDENCE<<<.
    As a business owner, if somebody did something, guilty or not, I have every right to cut ties with said individual. The court of public opinion is not held to the legal standards in an actual court of law.

    And to the VA specifically, nothing technically illegal was done, but using ones fame/power/influence for sexual favors is just not good. And if this is the reason, Blizzard has every right to disassociate themselves from him.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    I understand Blizzard wanting to distance themselves from alleged predators, and I don't know how convincing the evidence is, but apparently it's enough for Blizzard to act against the voice actor..

    But damn, I loved Kael'thas' old voice... "The fUuture I have plAnned will not be jeopardized! "
    Nothing illegal because the women were of legal age, but using your status to gain sexual favors, or to try, is a creepy predatory move. Good riddance if this is the reason.

  14. #274
    Loa of Death Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Posts
    2,467
    I sure hope nothing bad happens with Bwonsamdi's VA that they'd have replace him. That'd be his third new VA...

    Another day, another Deal....

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Umm, wut?

    Like, no. If people found out tomorrow that Thomas Edison ritually electrocuted babies for fun, they would not stop using the lightbulb. Why? Because Edison has been fucking DEAD for the last 90 years and the ligthbulb has now become such a ubiquitous feature in the world that it doesn't even "belong" to him any more. (Bonus lol points for the fact that it would actually literally be difficult to find an Edisonian lightbulb in most parts of the modern world these days, as the technology they use has changed significantly since he designed the first one more than a century ago.)

    What the "woke leftist mob" would do, however, is make sure the fact that Edison's enjoyment of baby electrocution became public knowledge, so that accurate historical representation of his character could be reflected. Rather similar, in fact, to the movement to pull down monuments glorifying so called Confederate "war heroes" that was going around last year.
    Plus we all know Edison was a fucking piece of shit that stole most of his inventions from the scientists working under him. The big difference, that people who bring forward these bad faith arguments is lighting is essential and not easily replaced. Entertainment is not essential tidal and quite easily replaced. Same for all the shitty business owners that to shutty things and find themselves at the whim of a free market that doesn't want to do business with shitty people. There are plenty of other business around that do the same thing. There aren't many replacements for light bulbs or their derivatives that came from Edison's invention.

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    Always good to see allegations are enough to insta cancel somebody instead of waiting for it to be true but hey ho cancel culture is the hype nowadays innocent until proven guilty is just a joke from the past to most people now.
    Show me a link where blizz says that is why they changed the voice overs?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    How is a comment like this even fucking allowed to stand? You just assume woman would intentionally let themselves get abused for future gain? Just stop. That is disgusting of you to suggest and it shouldn't even be allowed to stay on this forum. Like I don''t know if I even want to come back on this site anymore, because people like you are allowed to be here.
    No, but the #metoo movement does have the ability to foster an environment that would allow women to lie about being abused. When accusations is all it takes to ruin anyone's career, that gives ample motive to lie.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    Public opinion is how we judge each other outside of criminal offenses. You don't like it, don't live in a society of people...

    Otherwise, enjoy the free market at work and don't think you're entitled to your position in society, get recorded saying awful stuff, then play stupid when you lose your job.[
    And what happens when your "immediately convict solely over an allegation" ends up ruining someones career because the accuser lied? His career is still ruined while you are never held to account for it. What you promote is reckless behavior and there will come a day where it ruins the life of an innocent person.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    I understand Blizzard wanting to distance themselves from alleged predators, and I don't know how convincing the evidence is, but apparently it's enough for Blizzard to act against the voice actor..

    But damn, I loved Kael'thas' old voice... "The fUuture I have plAnned will not be jeopardized! "
    We don't know why Blizzard changed the voice overs. We should not be declaring what Blizzard's motive was when they haven't said a word themselves.

  17. #277
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,919
    Save the original audio files and use them instead

    This is absurd and nonsense. Even if he was guilty, how do apples compare with ships.

  18. #278
    I mean they also could've just replaced him for no reason. They replaced Kerrigan's original voice actress
    as well for no good reason.

  19. #279
    I love how asking for proof of allegations, and believing in "innocent until proven guilty", makes you an "incel" now.


  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    yea i agree its pretty trash....but lets be real KT's voice acting went from garbage to dumpster fire.
    It was a sterotypical villain, never liked what they made him into but the voice matched.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •